Need a little help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a little help!

Okay so first of all, this is probably my first post on this forum although I've been a member here for years. I usually just do a little browsing from time to time. I have run into a bit of a dilemma and I want to hear what everyone would do in this situation.

As many others on this forum, the transmission in my 01 CL-S just went out with 170,xxx miles on it. I feel like it could just be the torque converter or something small because when the car is cold, the car drives and shifts completely normal...however, as soon as it is warm, it will not shift at all and continues to make this awful whining noise.

I guess I am just trying to figure out what I should do about this whole shitty situation. This is my only car at the moment and I know that replacing the transmission will be very very costly...so should I sell the car as parts or as is and just buy something else or should I go ahead and fork out the cash to have the thing fixed?

Let me hear what your thoughts are and thanks in advance!
-Bryson
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
First step take it to a mechanic and get your problem diagnosed and if it is the transmission and you really like your car then do an oddessy transmission swap and keep it but if you were hedging on whether or not to get another car before this happened then now is the time.

BTW 170K+ is pretty good mileage to get out of a transmission I have had 2 other non Acura vehicles transmissions that have failed with less mileage than that so at least you got that far with it.