need help from a cop please

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 02:37 PM
Red X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help from a cop please

okay i need someone to look up an address for me with a licence plate. i don't know if it's illegal or unethical for you to do but i'm asking anyway. my sisters fiance (sp) was involved in a hit and run. someone obviously hit his car while it was parked and ran away without leaving a note. someone did get their tags though, but when they filed a police repot, they really couldn't do anything. don't know how, i'm sure the dents will match up and there might be some paint. anyway if you someone can do it for me please pm me so i can give you the plate number. thanks.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:37 PM
Banned

Re: need help from a cop please

Originally posted by gmilian
okay i need someone to look up an address for me with a licence plate. i don't know if it's illegal or unethical for you to do but i'm asking anyway. my sisters fiance (sp) was involved in a hit and run. someone obviously hit his car while it was parked and ran away without leaving a note. someone did get their tags though, but when they filed a police repot, they really couldn't do anything. don't know how, i'm sure the dents will match up and there might be some paint. anyway if you someone can do it for me please pm me so i can give you the plate number. thanks.
The cops should do it if somebody saw it happen. Go th the station with a lawyer and demand they do something other than arresting 13 year olds smoking in the boys' room. Cops piss me off.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:31 PM
Advanced

gmilian,
Most police agencies do not take reports on non-injury accidents anymore, yes even hit and runs. You should have insurance, hopefully Comprehensive. Comprehensive will cover a hit and run. If you have the plate of the vehicle that hit you it is your insurance companies responsibility to go after the party that hit your vehicle. Don't worry, as comprehensive claims do not count against you. If a report was taken, make sure your insurance gets a copy. Here in San Francisco we do not do reports on vehicle accidents unless there is an injury involved.

Hope this helps, I was a traffic investigator for 6 years.

Deckard
Old 12-28-2001, 09:54 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
I had this same kind of thing happen to me a few years ago. Someone scraped against my car while I was stopped at a light but they didn't even bother to stop and just made a right turn. But I got a good look at the car and the tag so with that information, the cops found the guy, matched up the damage on our car against his, and he ended up paying for the damage to our car.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:13 PM
Red X

Originally posted by Bladerunner
gmilian,
Most police agencies do not take reports on non-injury accidents anymore, yes even hit and runs. You should have insurance, hopefully Comprehensive. Comprehensive will cover a hit and run. If you have the plate of the vehicle that hit you it is your insurance companies responsibility to go after the party that hit your vehicle. Don't worry, as comprehensive claims do not count against you. If a report was taken, make sure your insurance gets a copy. Here in San Francisco we do not do reports on vehicle accidents unless there is an injury involved.

Hope this helps, I was a traffic investigator for 6 years.

Deckard
well he couldn't be injured because he was a replicant. i'll tell him that. thanks.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
a relative of mine is in law enforcement. they are no longer allowed to run plates just for the heck of it or for friends. they have to justify why they're running plates or they'll get in big trouble.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:52 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can check out the info from this website ... but you need to be member though
http://www.publicdata.com/