Need Help ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help ASAP!!

Okay, here is the deal. I am currently leasing a 2002 Base RSX 5speed with 7,750 miles. The lease buyout is 16,880. I want to upgrade to the 6speed CL. Here is the deal I have been working on with my dealer for the past week.

16,000 for the trade, so 880 to roll into the new lease
30,050 selling price for the CL-S (needs to be ordered due to color request)

2000 total down including 1st month.
435 a month including tax for 39 months.

Please give me your feedback on this deal. I think it is ok, but could be better. I think $16,000 for my trade is low. The manager originally agreed to pay it off, but said he made a mistake. I love the car, but it seems some board members have been getting much better deals. My credit is excellent. Please give me any feedback. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

I think what you need to do is go to another dealer and see what deal he will give you. Then you'll have some idea.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:15 PM
Instructor

I agree, however, there is only one acura dealer near me. The nearest one is about an hour and a half away. Thanks for your input though.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Re: Need Help ASAP!!

Originally posted by AJP97
Okay, here is the deal. I am currently leasing a 2002 Base RSX 5speed with 7,750 miles. The lease buyout is 16,880. I want to upgrade to the 6speed CL. Here is the deal I have been working on with my dealer for the past week.

16,000 for the trade, so 880 to roll into the new lease
30,050 selling price for the CL-S (needs to be ordered due to color request)

2000 total down including 1st month.
435 a month including tax for 39 months.

Please give me your feedback on this deal. I think it is ok, but could be better. I think $16,000 for my trade is low. The manager originally agreed to pay it off, but said he made a mistake. I love the car, but it seems some board members have been getting much better deals. My credit is excellent. Please give me any feedback. Thanks!
Leasing cars is a waste of money
Old 10-31-2002, 06:55 PM
Professional Pimp

I used to sell cars.. take it from me... leasing cars will rape you in the end. If you think you are getting a good deal you are not. You didn't build any equity your car. You don't get to benefit from writing off the value in taxes... instead you just burn money. And since you are ending your lease early... Where do you think the money will go??? In your next lease.

Look already you are putting $2000 down (just throw that money away)... then...

1. Sales tax
2. Early selling fines
3. Hidden fees
4. Overmileage fees

Just have the dealer buy out your car and buy your next car in CASH. Least expensive way to finance anything!
Old 10-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the lecture everyone.(kidding) To me leasing makes sense. i typically stay with a car no more than 3 years. My last two have been less than two. I change cars very often so purchasing would not be the smartest thing. It is a personal choice and I understand not everyone likes the concept of leasing. Cars are a bad investment all together, so I would rather save the money per month. Thanks for the comments.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by AJP97
Thanks for the lecture everyone.(kidding) To me leasing makes sense. i typically stay with a car no more than 3 years. My last two have been less than two. I change cars very often so purchasing would not be the smartest thing. It is a personal choice and I understand not everyone likes the concept of leasing. Cars are a bad investment all together, so I would rather save the money per month. Thanks for the comments.
Yes, cars are a bad investment.... But lease is a worst investment.
Again, everybody has different lifestyle, and you are right, if you want to drive a new car every 2-3 years lease is deffinatly better for you.

I did the math, only if you plan to keep a car for 4 or more years it makes sense to buy... anything bellow 3-4 years lease is deffinatly better.... but over all you are still wasting a lot of money
The best thing actually is to buy a 2 year old car, and drive if for 5 years... this will give you minimum depreciation for a dolor.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

What leasing does is enables a person to drive a little bit better car than if it was financed to own for less money per month. If you lease under your business, then it's a deduction. My feeling, which I have stated before is that your driving, cleaning, fixing and insuring someone elses car. Also, if your not careful, you can get raped when you turn it in. I, would prefer to buy a little lesser car than lease one. Always, always, always, read your contract before you sign or have your attorney read it first before signing.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:18 PM
cor
MR O'NEAL

dont lease... if you can't afford it-- dont buy it --
just get a nice used car.. cmon-- you would do better. if you just set aside the money for the car.. and get it later.. that way you save money (the car will be cheaper later) and you dont have to pay the interest and shit like that... blah blah blah blah