Need: Compeltely Non-navi to navi part swap list!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Wait...I just blacked out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need: Compeltely Non-navi to navi part swap list!

I am looking for a complete list of everything needed for the Non-navigation to Navigation swap. This is the tenative list I have generated thus far:

Acura DVD-ROM Navigation Drive
Acura Navigation screen
DVD
Climate control unit
Navigation system antenna
Dash peice
Hazard light switch
Navigation plugs with pigtails

Is that the full list? I know that it's a tough swap, but I've worked w/ car electrics/running wires, etc. before and this is something I would build up the parts for probably over summer, just making sure I can get everything pieced together.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:28 PM
IAPECC Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to down play your project but this is why it wasn't worth it for me...

well it is going to be a horribly expensive job....
the screens alone tipically go for 3-5 grand the navie unit (thing were the cd is) anoter 4 grand plus sensors, wires, plastic, ect.
if it dident come with it its not worth it especially since to TOM TOMs are like 200.00
b4 i got my car in canada there was a US navie car for sale and i found out an canadian disc is $174 plus tax and shipping...

but what about going to a scrap yard car and pulling it out...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Wait...I just blacked out

Well,
I've been seeing the screens go for around 100-200 on ebay, and the nav unit for right around the same price....

there are people selling "kits" for 900. So I'm not sure what the prices you got your stuff for but they've gone down a bit since then I guess...

I'm not really interested in whether other people consider it "worth it". I just want to know what parts I need to collect. I enjoy projects and DIY's, so I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the input though.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
ridin slow'n'low

Originally Posted by piro91

the screens alone tipically go for 3-5 grand the navie unit (thing were the cd is) anoter 4 grand plus sensors, wires, plastic, ect.
if it dident come with it its not worth it especially since to TOM TOMs are like 200.00
b4 i got my car in canada there was a US navie car for sale and i found out an canadian disc is $174 plus tax and shipping...

Pretty sure an oem-navi swap can be done for under a grand. artbran has done it.
Those prices are way off, unless canadian dollar value has gone to shit in the last few days..
Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
666 Speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So it looks likes its time for me to chime in since my name has been dropped... Haha

As for the list you got everything there that you need.

I'm actually trying to sell a WORKING drive with screen and the disc for $275. I bought it online when I thought that my screen was shot. It came out to be a problem with a kinked wire. Either way, everyone says its hard as hell when it really isnt if you know what wires you connected and where they go. Just one thing. Check it once, then recheck it and check it again before you throw it all back together and find out that its not working...
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Most of the navi stuff will be in the Audio/Video forum here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/

There's some navi links in the info thread here tho'.... the big orange sticky at the top of the page:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2539666 - hit alt-F and search for navi.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by piro91

Canadian Disc? i called Alpine US and in Canada and they were saying that there were no DVDs that would be compadible for the harddrives that were made for our cars, only newer cars to have canadian maps
i'm currently doing this conversion... it isn't soo bad.. missing some pieces though if anyone can help... i'm missing the DVD screen plug and the antenna w/ plug
Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 AM
IAPECC Member

I work for acura in the parts department and that is what the OEM prices are off the top of my head, on sunday afternoon