NAVI OWNERS, ITS GROUP RANT TIME. uS AGAINST ACURA!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAVI OWNERS, ITS GROUP RANT TIME. uS AGAINST ACURA!

This is getting frigging rediculous! First, I call my Chicago (no small burb here) to inquire when the new disc will be in because I AM gonna buy it. They are not going to stock it. OK, order it for me. I will even prepay for the DVD. No dice. I was told to go to www.acura.com and order it there. OK, no big deal. I know my way around the internet.

So, I do that. I get through registration, and the next screen CLEARLY has a blue link to buy the DVD upgrade. I press it, and where does it go? Back to registration! I visited several sub links (buy parts, genuine acura accessories, etc), not one link to the acura store.

So, on page 68 of my 2003 navi manual, "To purchase an updated DVD or a replacement DVD, call 888 549 3798" So, I do that.

I get a recording, saying the office is closed. WTF? It is 4:45 in Chicago, so, 2:45 in California, and they are closed? Also, they offer no way to talk to a human. As an interesting aside (to show how often they upgrade their info), the message says somethin like "Ww will be in a meeting from 2:30 to 4:30 on JULY!!!!!! 17, so if you call then, call back tomorrow.

Getting pissed off at this point, but retaining my cool, I call Acura Client Services at 800.382.2238, and I finally get a human, and she wants to know my name and vin number, which I did not have handy. Besides, I am on my second 2003 CLS6. So she searches my name, and comes up with the rather astonishing fact that I am not an Acura owner! Fer crying out loud, my seventh straight Acura is sitting in the garage.

Anyway, without any documentation, I think she sensed my fuse was getting short, and she offered to answer my question.

I expressed my dismay with no dealer access to the part, I mean, they ought to be able to do this, especially if you prepay, and the flaws in the website. Then, she drops the bomb!

The new DVD will be available in MID NOVEMBER!

I expressed my unhappiness about this whole situation in general, and also bitched about the $185 price.

So, all you Navi owners, I have started the ball rolling. EVERYBODY call client services at 800.382.2238. Let's put some pressure on these guys! I suggested $20 for an upgrade price. I suggest you offer that price, or less, also.

Rant mode=off.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Race Director

Re: NAVI OWNERS, ITS GROUP RANT TIME. uS AGAINST ACURA!

Originally posted by dfreder370
This is getting frigging rediculous! First, I call my Chicago (no small burb here) to inquire when the new disc will be in because I AM gonna buy it. They are not going to stock it. OK, order it for me. I will even prepay for the DVD. No dice. I was told to go to www.acura.com and order it there. OK, no big deal. I know my way around the internet.

So, I do that. I get through registration, and the next screen CLEARLY has a blue link to buy the DVD upgrade. I press it, and where does it go? Back to registration! I visited several sub links (buy parts, genuine acura accessories, etc), not one link to the acura store.

So, on page 68 of my 2003 navi manual, "To purchase an updated DVD or a replacement DVD, call 888 549 3798" So, I do that.

I get a recording, saying the office is closed. WTF? It is 4:45 in Chicago, so, 2:45 in California, and they are closed? Also, they offer no way to talk to a human. As an interesting aside (to show how often they upgrade their info), the message says somethin like "Ww will be in a meeting from 2:30 to 4:30 on JULY!!!!!! 17, so if you call then, call back tomorrow.

Getting pissed off at this point, but retaining my cool, I call Acura Client Services at 800.382.2238, and I finally get a human, and she wants to know my name and vin number, which I did not have handy. Besides, I am on my second 2003 CLS6. So she searches my name, and comes up with the rather astonishing fact that I am not an Acura owner! Fer crying out loud, my seventh straight Acura is sitting in the garage.

Anyway, without any documentation, I think she sensed my fuse was getting short, and she offered to answer my question.

I expressed my dismay with no dealer access to the part, I mean, they ought to be able to do this, especially if you prepay, and the flaws in the website. Then, she drops the bomb!

The new DVD will be available in MID NOVEMBER!

I expressed my unhappiness about this whole situation in general, and also bitched about the $185 price.

So, all you Navi owners, I have started the ball rolling. EVERYBODY call client services at 800.382.2238. Let's put some pressure on these guys! I suggested $20 for an upgrade price. I suggest you offer that price, or less, also.

Rant mode=off.
Sometimes I honestly believe Acura has no intentions of offering an upgrade disc. That's ok they don't sell it at the dealership, too many of them would be pressured into giving it away. But mid-November is unacceptable.

The number to the order desk is: (888) 549-3798.

I have called this number before and heard what I thought was a new message. But today, I think the message is a little bit newer...maybe it's me and I didn't pickup on some things....but it sounds a little bit more detail-ish on what is going to be in the new disc.

Anyway, they keep saying Fall 2003, so I guess November still qualified as Fall. :angry:
Old 08-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Well I have to tell ya, I just bought a 03 MDX and WOW, this Navi is FAST !!!!!! Not like my CLS which is slow, choppy etc.....So I don't know what is up Acura's sleeve, I would expect a simple upgrade or perhaps they are working on something bigger and better in terms of a substantial "upgrade". All I can say is this Navi in the MDX is super fast with vocal, joy stick or touch response !
Old 08-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called the 888 number:

In Short:
1) Available in Fall 2003
2) Cost $185, it is a major release.
3) 95% map coverages of USA
4) Some Border Canadian Cities.
5) 7.7 million POI, verified and unverified.
6) No voice recongition.

That sucks huih!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:56 PM
whoXwanXsum

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
I called the 888 number:

In Short:
1) Available in Fall 2003
2) Cost $185, it is a major release.
3) 95% map coverages of USA
4) Some Border Canadian Cities.
5) 7.7 million POI, verified and unverified.
6) No voice recongition.

That sucks huih!
it does but i'd still buy it. POI sounds a lot better.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Drifting

No, that doesn't suck. I am just dismayed at the lack of coordination about this issue with Acura.

I can understand why they want you to go through a web site to make a PURCHASE. The least thing they can do is to make it work.

And why can you not order it through the dealer? I can understand them not stocking the DVD. You're doing an upgrade for the car, which means you can afford it. And most parts they stock are NEEDED parts. Brake rotors and pads, mufflers, etc. And they will happily order you a spoiler, so, why not a DVD?

This makes no sense.

Nashua, you may have posted after me, but did you call 8885493798 BEFORE me?

And who will call and complain and see if we can get the price down?

On the flip side of the coin, 95% street coverage is great, no question. Looking forward to it.

But why, another two month date setback? Something smells fishy here.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Instructor

what really sucks is that I just purchased my CL-S with Navi.....just came off of the assembly line in mid June. I've had the car 2 months....and I will be forced to pay the $185 upgrade fee.....

It should be free to everyone who purchased the car in the past year.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am really upset about the price hike!!!

For GOD sake this a DVD disk and it is already in 100,000 cars, CLS/TLS/MDX/Accord... why it should cost $185 for CL/TL. I already paid $152 for the minor upgrade 2years ago!....

It should not be more than $150, $99 would be better.

For me, there is no point complaining to Acura, I will borrow a copy of the new upgrade and if I like it...we have to see if it is worth it...

Nahsua.