My experience with Frankel Acura

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
2010 SHAWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My experience with Frankel Acura

A few weeks ago one of our customers backed his ragged Ford Ranger into the front of my CL. The headlight, hood, and I believe fender had to be replaced. Well when I go to pick the car I assumed everything was correct. I was just so happy to get out of that rental Grand-Am that I snatched my car right up. I get home and I notice that my blinkers don't work. I got out of the car and looked at my headlight and there was a lot of condesation inside of the unit. I calledthe body shop and they said to bring it back in. That night I notice that my headlights are now 2 different colors!!!!! Both of my headlights were blue, now one is white which is the new one. The technician at the body shop told me that he believes that they are the same lights and that the old one is just dirty! When has dirt ever given off a blue tint? Also I've had 10 people look at my car and its obvious they are 2 different lights.

Guys, how should I go about this situation?

Has Acura stopped making the blue lights? If thats the case then I need to contact Allstate and demand that my other light be replaced.

If not then maybe its the wrong bulb? How can I get these guys to fix this?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like your body shop really sux. Dirt does not give off a blue tint...........
Old 11-23-2004, 08:07 PM
2010 SHAWD

So all 2003 CL's came with the blue Xenon's as stock?
Old 11-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankel body shop is the worst place to ever get anything done. I had some body work done there and it looked horrible. When I pointed out the flaws they told me that some people will just take it like that and not look over thier vehicle. One way to get things done is call the Frankel dealership and complain there b/c they have some pull with the bodyshop
Old 11-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
did the guy pay out of his pocket or through his insurance?
Old 11-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Go to Tischer in Laurel, they are the best.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Beware of leakage

Well did they have to replace a Bulb too ?
The color difference your seeing, could it be the amount of hours used on the old one, and you are seeing a difference because if it is a new bulb, they are more white than blue. The more use they have on them, the "bluer" the color of light.
This is just my guess
Old 11-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
What Chopper said... I don't know what year your CL is, but depending on the age, and how often you use your headlights, the bulbs will change colors over time. Now with a new headlight, you are seeing a difference. I remember reading about a couple of cases regarding this same issue, and I think the body shops changed out the other (old) bulb, in order to make the headlights match colors. I know that at least in one of the cases, they just did it at no charge to the customer/member.

You might want to give it a shot. If you filed it with insurance, you might as well just throw it on the insurance bill, too.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:22 PM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
HID bulbs become bluer over time. If you want uniform color, you would need to replace in pairs.

You shouldn't have to pay for this expense. Have them install a new D2r bulb in place of the old one.

Next time you need any work done to your car, TAKE IT TO TISCHER ACURA IN LAUREL!!!! Everyone on this board (djfig, mrsteve, derelict, mistermehoff, and others) all have had GREAT experiences... Ask for Brandon and he'll take care of you-
Old 11-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro

My 01 original lights are also different colors. They have no condensation adn the drivers side is white now while the other one is the pinkish color they both used to be. I was worried that one might be failing but it has been this way for several months now.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:43 PM
2010 SHAWD

Guys, thanks for all of your help.

I wasn't getting anywhere with the guy at Frankel. He gave me the same excuses, so I told him that I'd just give the insurance company a call and have them speak to each other. I told him that I deserve to have my vehicle restored to its original condition. I did not ask for that man to damage my vehicle. After that he told me to step into his office. When the headlight was damage the bulb wasn't destroy and he ASSUMED that the bulb wasn't replaced. Well, they ordered me a new housing assembly and I think he's going to get my old bulb back. If he cannot then I'll settle for nothing less than two new bulbs.

I'll make note to take my car to Laural from now on. The extra time in travel will be worth it if my car is being serviced well.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:06 AM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm sure that this question will probably be over your head, but how do you equate a bad experience at the body shop with the service you receive ... assuming you are talking about regular vehicle maintenance? I have had both my Acura's serviced at Frankel and have had absolutely no problems at all. Frankel has addressed any/all questions I've had about my CL-S, and even some I didn't bring up. One day last winter I drove in for a scheduled service and Joseph Schwaab noticed that there was some slight condensation in both headlights - both were replaced without issue (I'm sure you can find many threads in here where people were complaining about this and not getting this kind of service). Remember the Auto Tensioner recall, where the water pump/timing belt replacements were limited to a specific range of vin's? My vehicle fell outside that range, but Frankel replaced the water pump and timing belt along with the auto tensioner as a matter of fact. They performed the sunroof fix on my car and I didn't even ask about it. Last week I dropped the car off so they could buff and clear the front bumper, and was given a TL A-Spec for the day by Joseph Munoz. Yeah, I went to TISCHER for my suspension upgrades, since there are more enthusiasts at that facility - plus their prices for this type of work are the best ones out there ... even better than the highly lauded PAA. But I had an 8 year history with Frankel with my Legend, and when I walked into their service dept one day after not having been there for 4 years to ask some knowledgeable people about the CL and saw that the one (and only) mechanic who ever worked on my car was now the shop foreman, and he saw me and greeted me 'by name', I knew my new purchase was going to be in good hands (won't even consider the local Acura dealership up here in York). Point being ... if you are having a problem with their body shop, you (and this thread) should state as such. Condemnation of the entire dealership because of problems with a body shop located a couple of miles away is like comparing apples to watermelons. And as somebody mentioned earlier, go to the dealership and find somebody to talk to. The body shop has more to lose then they have to gain by not restoring a vehicle to it's original operating condition - like their livelyhood.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:32 AM
EVO IX MR

Originally Posted by greyjhu

Next time you need any work done to your car, TAKE IT TO TISCHER ACURA IN LAUREL!!!! Everyone on this board (djfig, mrsteve, derelict, mistermehoff, and others) all have had GREAT experiences... Ask for Brandon and he'll take care of you-
Yup, go to Tischer.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2K3CL-S
I'm sure that this question will probably be over your head, but how do you equate a bad experience at the body shop with the service you receive ... assuming you are talking about regular vehicle maintenance? I have had both my Acura's serviced at Frankel and have had absolutely no problems at all. Frankel has addressed any/all questions I've had about my CL-S, and even some I didn't bring up. One day last winter I drove in for a scheduled service and Joseph Schwaab noticed that there was some slight condensation in both headlights - both were replaced without issue (I'm sure you can find many threads in here where people were complaining about this and not getting this kind of service). Remember the Auto Tensioner recall, where the water pump/timing belt replacements were limited to a specific range of vin's? My vehicle fell outside that range, but Frankel replaced the water pump and timing belt along with the auto tensioner as a matter of fact. They performed the sunroof fix on my car and I didn't even ask about it. Last week I dropped the car off so they could buff and clear the front bumper, and was given a TL A-Spec for the day by Joseph Munoz. Yeah, I went to TISCHER for my suspension upgrades, since there are more enthusiasts at that facility - plus their prices for this type of work are the best ones out there ... even better than the highly lauded PAA. But I had an 8 year history with Frankel with my Legend, and when I walked into their service dept one day after not having been there for 4 years to ask some knowledgeable people about the CL and saw that the one (and only) mechanic who ever worked on my car was now the shop foreman, and he saw me and greeted me 'by name', I knew my new purchase was going to be in good hands (won't even consider the local Acura dealership up here in York). Point being ... if you are having a problem with their body shop, you (and this thread) should state as such. Condemnation of the entire dealership because of problems with a body shop located a couple of miles away is like comparing apples to watermelons. And as somebody mentioned earlier, go to the dealership and find somebody to talk to. The body shop has more to lose then they have to gain by not restoring a vehicle to it's original operating condition - like their livelyhood.

Are you sponsored by Frankel Acura or something??
Old 11-27-2004, 02:23 PM
an adult perspective

Originally Posted by sonnyboyacura
. I'll make note to take my car to Laural from now on. The extra time in travel will be worth it if my car is being serviced well.
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Are you sponsored by Frankel Acura or something??
No, just trying to point out that somebody has equated an experience with what appears to be a piss poor body shop with getting the car serviced ... which are mutually exclusive issues altogether.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckstl
Go to Tischer in Laurel, they are the best.

Old 11-27-2004, 09:07 PM
an adult perspective

Originally Posted by mrsteve
you'd know .... your car is there enough
Old 11-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've never expirienced anything bad at Frankel but I hear alot more postive remarks about Tischer.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
2010 SHAWD

Why have I said that my experience was horrible, well let me add to what I've already said.

Yesterday I began to wax my car. Being that you only do sections at a time I was able to look at and scrutinize each and every defect on my vehicle. Like I said earlier the front of my car was backed into by a Ford Ranger.

These are the things Frankel has done wrong.

1. They didn't hook the blinker back up.
2. Theres water in the headlight.
3. They put the wrong color bulb in the headlight and then tried to tell me I was crazy and that its blue. I took it to one of the mechanics and he agreed with me.
4. My hood sits up higher than the fender.
5. My grille is crooked.
6. My driver side of the bumper isn't allinged properly.
7. I've had to make multiple visits BACK to the dealership just to get the light situated and when I go back on Tue Im going to mention the hood and bumper.

This is horrible because they are supposed to be professionals and IMO this is just shoddy and lazy work. How can you install a headlight and NOT CHECK TO SEE IF ITS FUNCTIONAL!?!??!?! I'm taking time out of my day and my life to get my car fixed and its not being done as it should.

Now you really came at me wrong stating that your question is over my head. That really just shows how immature you are at coming at me with a personal remark. Your experience is your own and Im glad it was pleasant but that doesn't mean mine has been. So get off of your high horse and get a d@mn life.

When I go back to Frankel this Tuesday I will be asking to speak to a manager and if need be the regional manager to get my car fixed properly because this is ridiculous. My car should have been fixed correctly the 1ST TIME!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Beware of leakage

^^ He was making a general assumption bro. HE did say,
probably
Calm down, I understand that your upset over what has happened to your car, as If it were mine, I would probably have to be sedated and hospitalized.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 PM
2010 SHAWD

Originally Posted by Chopper
^^ He was making a general assumption bro. HE did say,

Calm down, I understand that your upset over what has happened to your car, as If it were mine, I would probably have to be sedated and hospitalized.
O ok, than I apologize for jumping the gun. Im sorry.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Beware of leakage

and good luck on getting her all fixed up .
Old 11-28-2004, 09:25 PM
an adult perspective

for the n'th time ...
nobody is disputing the issues you have with the body shop at Frankel ... nobody ... what I tried to point out was your last comment - where you talked about going to Tischer for service - has nothing to do with your problems with the Frankel bodyshop. If you had a complaint about the service you received at Frankel and decided you were going to go to Tischer - even though it may be a bit out of the way - because of an issue with your service experience at Frankel Acura, then that is an option that you have if you felt you were not getting the service at Frankel that you thought you should. Your post is about an experience with a specific body shop, and you appear to be condeming everything associated with Frankel because of it. My comments were only addressing the service I've received at Frankel as I have no basis to comment on their body shop facilities in any way, shape or form, but based on your experience I would probably opt for another dealership if I suffered any unfortunate mishap with my vehicle. What is unfortunate is that you didn't have enough common sense and maturity to read my entire message and figure this out for yourself.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
The body shop and service departments are usually never "linked" together and therefore you shouldn't make a blanket statement regarding the entire establishment.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:13 PM
2010 SHAWD

for the n'th time ...
nobody is disputing the issues you have with the body shop at Frankel ... nobody ... what I tried to point out was your last comment - where you talked about going to Tischer for service - has nothing to do with your problems with the Frankel bodyshop. If you had a complaint about the service you received at Frankel and decided you were going to go to Tischer - even though it may be a bit out of the way - because of an issue with your service experience at Frankel Acura, then that is an option that you have if you felt you were not getting the service at Frankel that you thought you should. Your post is about an experience with a specific body shop, and you appear to be condeming everything associated with Frankel because of it. My comments were only addressing the service I've received at Frankel as I have no basis to comment on their body shop facilities in any way, shape or form, but based on your experience I would probably opt for another dealership if I suffered any unfortunate mishap with my vehicle. What is unfortunate is that you didn't have enough common sense and maturity to read my entire message and figure this out for yourself.
Ok no problem. I admitted to that in my previous post and apologized for it. What more do you want me to say? Most people wouldn't even have done that much.

To correct what you pointed out. Frankel's mechanic was very helpful, supportive, and informative of the entire situation. This isnt my 1st car, but it is my 1st car if you get what I mean. So I did you the wrong terminology for that situation and like I said before, I was wrong.