my CL was hit...i need some opinions (long..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 01:35 AM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my CL was hit...i need some opinions (long..)

agh..what a day...well this is what happened
so it was about 2:00 in the afternoon and i just got out of school and went to my car. I put my stuff in and get in the car and start her up. I check everything behind me to see if there were any cars, and i started backing out as i saw nothing. I back out and come to a stop and a split second later i hear the saddest and ugliest crunching sound of my life and i just wanna cry. I look over and there is a 1993 green civic stopped right next to me and the driver is just like wha......I park my car and get out and examine the damage. The left corner of his rear bumper is scuffed, while the area between my right door and rear right fender is caved in and scratched up. To add to that, my rear right rim is scratched up and some of my bumper around the fender is scuffed. We exchange information blah blah and I say I'll call him. All this time I was thinking it was his fault because, I had stopped alreayd and then I heard the crunching. Also, there was no way in hell that I could have done this kind of damage to my car had I hit him, with his car barely even scratched. I go home and his mom calls me saying its my fault. So I was like fine...u go ahead and say that. Stupid bitch didn't even want to look at my car. i was like do you want to look at my car before you jump to conclusions? She was like why do I need to look at your car blah blah blah you're fault my son said so. So I was like...ok forget you and I reported this to my insurance. One of my friends was in his car basically right in front of my car when this happened and said he saw the whole thing. He said I pulled out and had looked like I was about to leave when all of a sudden this guy pulls out really far and really fast and hits my car. He was like...there is no way it was your fault. So I was like cool...i have one witness and my other friend said she saw practically the same thing. However, whats going on now is that he's saying he has a lot of witnesses saying it was my fault...so I'm just going to ignore them because they have no idea what they're talkign about. Yes.. itwas MY fault that HIS car hit MY car and dented MY car while HIS car was barely scratched..morons.....but what I'm wondering is...if I take it to a body shop and have them take the dents out and repair the paint...how well could they match aegean blue? I've heard that color is almost impossible to match....would it make more sense for me to just get a new paint job if I win the case and get money? Also, anybody in southern california in the area of san gabriel recommend any good auto body shops and paint shops? Thanks for the help bros...sorrie this is so long but yah I NEED TO VENT!!! MY VERY FIRST ACCIDENT EVER!!!! >=O!!!!! :o :o
Old 01-08-2002, 01:47 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Sorry about your car bud. If you are in a no-fault state all is well. Wish you and your body man well.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear about that man. Next time when you get in an accident, you should make sure that both parties understand who is at fault. That way he can't get some of his friends to just come in and say it was your fault. Sorry though...If you have any cop friends you should talk to them about it, or maybe if you have a lawyer friend.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:21 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about what happened, i think it will turn out ok because you have witnesses. good luck.

-briancl
Old 01-08-2002, 02:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In a case like this - it will probably be a 'no fault' or a 'dual fault' accident or something where no one person is blamed.

As for matching the color - as far as I know all Honda/Acura paints have color codes that tell exactly what is supposed to be in the paint and all the shop has to do is use those codes to make it. So as far as I understand your paint should come out perfect - as long as you bring it to a reputable body shop.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:28 AM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

yah my insurance company told me something about a 50 50 case....i don't understand why this would be if he was at fault though?
Old 01-08-2002, 04:55 AM
Suzuka Master

hmm accidents that happen on parking lots are kinda both your fault from what I heard.

I also had some dump POS MOFO ran in to my car in a parking lot and the cops basically said it both our fault.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:30 AM
Pro

Sorry BRO Hope it works out. Times like this you sometimes need a camera to take pics of where the accident occured then it can fill-in some the events.

Check his driving record. Maybe he has had one too many and lied to his mom.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:00 AM

sorry to hear that. And I am sorry to say but I think it woudl end up to be both at fault or no fault. Either way, u'll have to pay.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Pardon my ignorance, but in every place I've lived, you call the cops to fill out a police report on the accident. This is the document that the insurance companies will rely on to determine who is 'at-fault'.

Why didn't you call the cops?....though I'm loathe to involve them in anything less than murder......

dee
Old 01-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
It sucks when someone does not take the blame when they are wrong. Sometimes, the police do not repsond. If the damage is less than $500, no one is hurt and especially if you are on private property (condominium or apartment complexes).

I got hit by an idiot in a condo complex and the police would not repsond. The POS that hit me had no insurance and he almost got away with it. Lucky my insurance went after him and screwed him over. Sometimes, there is justice.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by SmoothJyzz
Pardon my ignorance, but in every place I've lived, you call the cops to fill out a police report on the accident. This is the document that the insurance companies will rely on to determine who is 'at-fault'.
Why didn't you call the cops?....though I'm loathe to involve them in anything less than murder......
well i dont know anyone that calls the cops if it was minor. Becasue once the cops gets involved. Ur insurance would go up which most peopl edont want. Maybe is different for ur state.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:16 PM

THis one time, my dad walked out to the parking lot and found someone crashed into the back of his car. He called the insurance, and they ended up raising his insurance $300, my dad was like, i wasnt even near the car when the other guy crashed into my car. Insurance just said, well obviously u park at a dangerous area so your insurance has to go up.