Mustang kill and ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang kill and ticket

Drivin' down Masspike one night from Boston and i hear this annoying rumble coming up. I continue to cruise at around 80 when I see this pretty new Mustang trying to get me to race. I stick at about 80-85 for a little bit and then i gun it. The Mustang goes and has me by a few car lengths, when i hit about 140 he is nowhere in sight, I knew those cars are peices of @#$%! I keep on cruisin at about that speed for maybe 10 15 minutes and my radar goes off "LASER ALERT" I panic and slam my brakes. I see a state trooper turn his lights on and gun it after me, at this point I gun it away from him. This did not end well, the trooper actually caught up, I pull over and without any screaming or yelling he asks me what the radar is for and why I braked so hard when I saw him. He comes back with a nice speeding ticket for just over a hundred mph and a close to $400 fine. All in all a nice trip to Boston and back!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
damnnnn....i know how that is i got 2 speeding tickets on 1 roadtrip..not for that much but still...i kno how it feels lol
Old 04-14-2004, 11:48 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, wasnt he pissed that u tryed to get away
Old 04-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Mustang kill and ticket

Originally posted by russianari
when i hit about 140 he is nowhere in sight, I knew those cars are peices of @#$%! I keep on cruisin at about that speed for maybe 10 15 minutes and my radar goes off "LASER ALERT" I panic and slam my brakes. I see a state trooper turn his lights on and gun it after me, at this point I gun it away from him.
Were you really cruising at 140 for 10-15 minutes? And you tried to outrun a cop?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How did the tropper catch you if you were going 140 plus?
Old 04-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
u can outrun a cop car, but not their radio. lucky u didnt get arrested. i wonder if he even knew u were trying to get away.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice job on trying to evade the cops.

That was a 99+ Stang GT you were racing before the whole tropper deal?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Need For 6 Speed

the guy sitting next to me reading this post has a 99 GT that will smoke the hell out of any 03 cls he says and he willing to put money on it
Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by blueCL
the guy sitting next to me reading this post has a 99 GT that will smoke the hell out of any 03 cls he says and he willing to put money on it
Who cares?? Congrats to him on having a fast Shitstain! There's a Civic in another thread on here that I will bet any amount can smoke his Shitstain......WHO CARES???

Back to the original thread....... if you did continue to cruise at 140mph you deserve what you got. Why would you do that?

Later,

Scott
02 Maxima SE 6-speed
Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
6th Gear

a stock mustang - even one that has an exhuast will not take a cl at high speed the mustang has a governer at around 120. I slowed down cuz my radar went off - but not slow enough. As soon as i saw the cop turn his lights on i gunned it but i figured that i wouldn't get away cuz he was pretty much on my ass. i slowed down to about 75 80, so he got that chance - if i would've kept on going i would've left him on masspike. I raced a '03 GT convertable and burned the shit out of it. Stock they are slow - even with a 5-speed, they have only 260hp, granted 302 lb/ft of torque, and they weight like 4500 - 5000 pounds. Not only will a cls burn a stang, it will outhandle, take it at top speed, and save gas - all while being less flashy. Oh, and for your friend - does he know what they say about mustangs? They are like tampons, every pussy's got one - just kidding. About the tickets - my CL is unlucky, i had the car for over a year and got 3 tickets in the last three weeks - gotta give it back!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:10 PM
6th Gear

i do deserve what i got, i'm not denying it. i deserved to get reckless driving added to that, maybe even hauled off to jail...my other tickets include impropper passing in a no passing zone - i made a left turn, and careless driving for avoiding an accident. I guess they come in three's not pairs!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Need For 6 Speed

if you think his mustag is a pussy you need to come here and meet his neighbor his mustang has 550 rwhp and is a daily driver
Old 04-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Stock they are slow - even with a 5-speed, they have only 260hp, granted 302 lb/ft of torque, and they weight like 4500 - 5000 pounds.
This is the epitome of an uneducated statement, you are over 1500 lbs off. And I assure you that a 5-Speed GT will pull on you unless you have some form of forced induction or nitrous.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
a stock mustang - even one that has an exhuast will not take a cl at high speed the mustang has a governer at around 120. I slowed down cuz my radar went off - but not slow enough. As soon as i saw the cop turn his lights on i gunned it but i figured that i wouldn't get away cuz he was pretty much on my ass. i slowed down to about 75 80, so he got that chance - if i would've kept on going i would've left him on masspike. I raced a '03 GT convertable and burned the shit out of it. Stock they are slow - even with a 5-speed, they have only 260hp, granted 302 lb/ft of torque, and they weight like 4500 - 5000 pounds. Not only will a cls burn a stang, it will outhandle, take it at top speed, and save gas - all while being less flashy. Oh, and for your friend - does he know what they say about mustangs? They are like tampons, every pussy's got one - just kidding. About the tickets - my CL is unlucky, i had the car for over a year and got 3 tickets in the last three weeks - gotta give it back!
:noob:
Old 04-15-2004, 02:47 PM
nothing

give it back to who? parents? anyway a v8 stang is gonna pull hard on a stock cl-s... ESP. from a roll.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
stock for stock

auto cl-s, auto GT = good race
auto cl-s, 5 spd GT = GT

6mt cl-s, auto GT = 6mt cl-s
6mt cl-s, 5 spd GT = good race, GT probably wins
Old 04-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Need For 6 Speed

yeah their is no way a cls auto or manual can pull on a manual gt
Old 04-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
fuck stopping, i would have pinned it took the first exit and ditched
Old 04-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Drivin' down Masspike.....i hear this annoying rumble .......cruise at around 80.....new Mustang trying to get me to race. .....The Mustang goes and has me by a few car lengths, when i hit about 140 he is nowhere in sight, I knew those cars are peices of @#$%!
Sorry, I stopped reading after that.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you think his mustag is a pussy you need to come here and meet his neighbor his mustang has 550 rwhp and is a daily driver
:noob:
Old 04-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Selling Chicken Parts

heh heh...somebody needs to do some homework. My stock 01 GT 5 speed vert weighed in at a little over 3800 with me in the car and I'm 220 lbs. I went 14.01 bone stock ( I guess that makes the CL slower) and beat stock CL-S's on the regular, especially at 'high' speed. Granted, the CL-S was no easy prey, if i slept, i could get my dick stepped on, but when I was on my Ps & Qs, i was usually the victor. I dunno what 120 mph governor you think the Stang has, but I can assure you, there is no governor on the GT. The only Stang with a speed limiter is the 03 - 04 Cobra at 155....

just know that I'm not bragging or anything, just stating facts. Hell, a V8 car with more torque and almost equal weight and hp should be able to win. I don't like the fact that that damn Acura can hang off my rear bumper or even beat me if I don't do what I'm supposed to do!

Kudos to the Ack 3.2, but please, keep it real.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Oh Christ!! Now it's not the guy reading over your shoulder, now it's his neighbors Mustang. Again........... WHO CARES????

My Boss has a neighbor who has a son that has a friend who has an uncle that knows this guy whose roomates Dad has a 1000hp Vette.....you ought to shut up or I'll have him spank your friends neighbor.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:07 AM
6th Gear

As i said earlier i LEASED my cl. Mustangs are quick - but a gt convertible will not burn a cl. i'm sorry if a offended mustang owners but its just not a good car. It is not reliable, it has no handling, it is not prestigious, EVERYONE has one, and if you buy it new and have to sell it in a year you'll get about 1/2 your money back. 550 rwhp - i was talking about stock stangs not ones that people second mortgaged their houses for. Your neighbor's stang might have that much power but its you neighbor.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Suzuka Master

but its just not a good car. It is not reliable, it has no handling, it is not prestigious, EVERYONE has one, and if you buy it new and have to sell it in a year you'll get about 1/2 your money back.

Unreliable, how?? They do have issue with material quality and fit/finish but the drivetrain is well proven unlike the 5AT in the CL.

The MSRP is significantly less than a CL-S, of course it won't be a prestigious. The fact that everyone has one indicates a better presence than the now discontinued CL.

And our resale value is nothing to brag about.

Try again...

But back to the main topic where you stated seemingly factual information where is was far from the truth.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Quicker than U Think

LOL, ya a stock CLS will hand a 5 wpeed Mustang his arse. LOL I raced one at the track, and it was pretty damn close. And I spank stock CLSs left and right. Learn about cars before you bash them.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

As i said earlier i LEASED my cl. Mustangs are quick - but a gt convertible will not burn a cl. i'm sorry if a offended mustang owners but its just not a good car. It is not reliable, it has no handling, it is not prestigious, EVERYONE has one, and if you buy it new and have to sell it in a year you'll get about 1/2 your money back. 550 rwhp - i was talking about stock stangs not ones that people second mortgaged their houses for. Your neighbor's stang might have that much power but its you neighbor.

yeah, I forgot stock Cl-S's run 14.01s all day the track...
Old 04-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

As i said earlier i LEASED my cl. Mustangs are quick - but a gt convertible will not burn a cl. i'm sorry if a offended mustang owners but its just not a good car. It is not reliable, it has no handling, it is not prestigious, EVERYONE has one, and if you buy it new and have to sell it in a year you'll get about 1/2 your money back.
no offense taken...

there are more CLs around here than Stangs...My Stang had an issue or 2, but basically served me well.

you're right, it didn't hold it's value for shit...

no handling? 66 mph through the slalom ain't that bad (M/T numbers, not mine)...although, I wish it handled a little better than that. I, however don't recall being outgunned by a stock CL...ever.

chicks dug the Drop, though
Old 04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Instructor

i'm sorry if a offended mustang owners but its just not a good car. It is not reliable, it has no handling, it is not prestigious, EVERYONE has one, and if you buy it new and have to sell it in a year you'll get about 1/2 your money back.
You have got to be kidding me right? I think this guy is just trying to get a rise out of people. Nobody could possibly be for real with this kind of babbling. If I hear a hp/ltr arguement, I'm gonna start rolling on the floor.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by widerGTP
You have got to be kidding me right? I think this guy is just trying to get a rise out of people. Nobody could possibly be for real with this kind of babbling. If I hear a hp/ltr arguement, I'm gonna start rolling on the floor.

don't scare away the troll!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:23 AM
10th Gear

I am about to buy a CL but -- I guess my piece of "shit" Mustang that runs 11's would still lose to you right since it is a piece of "shit" and all.

-Mustang GT 99- 1/4- 11.5
-2003 Lexus GS430 - Stock
-2003 Range Rover - Stock
-2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Greddy Twin Turbo - Awaiting Install
Old 04-18-2004, 12:31 AM
10th Gear

not prestigious???? - Sorry to say but you sound very ignorant - Hate to bust your bubble but the Acura CL- cost 30-40 -- Your not in any elite class.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Racer

<yawn>

Please... the Mustang weights in at 3400Lbs, doesn't have a governor at 120, and will consistently beat a stock CL-s. You talk a lot of smack for being such a dumb ass... you ever think maybe the Mustang didn't WANT to bring it up to 140mph? And whose the loser anyway, the Mustang or the jackass who got the 100mph+ ticket?

I got "beat" by an Altima the other day... he rolled by me on the freeway to about 120... I stopped at 100. He slowed down and gave me some blinker action....

Besides, I don't see why you hate on cars or car owners. Everyone has different criteria for purchase, and looks to those criteria when they go to purchase cars. You don't hear me hating on your slow ass ride, do you?

Old 05-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i think this guy was full of crap.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Need more pwr!

Re: Mustang kill and ticket

[QUOTE]Originally posted by russianari
[B]Drivin' down Masspike one night from Boston and i hear this annoying rumble coming up.

Last time I heard that rumble I almost didn't make to the rest stop toilet! :hurryup:
Old 05-02-2004, 12:07 AM
THE SILVER BULLET

whatever man you dont know much about stangs, but good race anyways, and close call on the cop, your lukcy you wern't arrested for trying to get away
Old 05-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Racer

I forgot why I love the racing section here.......for the comedy. This guy's a real comedian, I liked the story honestly......very creative
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Ali_Enterprises
I am about to buy a CL but -- I guess my piece of "shit" Mustang that runs 11's would still lose to you right since it is a piece of "shit" and all.

Damn Ali,
Can you list your GT mods that took you to 11s. How much power does it have?
Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Kicking your Ass

I will put 500 bucks that says that my 02 Gt DOES NOT have a govenor at 120... Are you retarded? The rumbling was annoying becasue some douche dualed out a v6's exhaust... that is the only stang you could run up there... I have had the 02 up past 140 before... So I guess it is limited at 120... pass the drugs, they must be good...

Oh and a 99 mustang wieghs 3400lbs -- you are stupid.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Kicking your Ass

Originally posted by mattg
i think this guy was full of crap.
Correct, sir.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Kicking your Ass

Originally posted by Ali_Enterprises

on top of being a piece of shit -- it cant go faster than 120... I say sell it...

Quick Reply: Mustang kill and ticket