Mustang GT killed last nite....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang GT killed last nite....

Coming home from my girlfriends cousins office party in Chantilly last nite. Her cousin was following us in his jeep, when some jackass comes flying around him, and gets in between us right when it goes to one lane.

The guy was RIGHT on my ass. I tapped my brakes a few times and he STILL wouldn't let off.

I dropped it in 2nd doing about 45. And pulled BIG time on him, hitting my shift perfectly into 3rd and letting off at 90...It took him a while to catch up.

We then get to a two lane opening and I put down my side window...It looked like one of the ghetto boys driving this mother fucker.

Its a GT, but not a new one, the one right before the current design. I said: "Is that all you got?"

And he said, damn, that thing is fast!

I turned traction control off and completely left his ass this time at the light we pulled up to.

What a piece of shit. I hate mustangs!
Old 01-14-2001, 04:42 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Haha, good kill, but you better watch out for the new GTs....those thing haul major ass.

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector.

Former post count : Over 470
Old 01-14-2001, 04:46 PM
Instructor

Ahem - my current ride ('till the Z06 gets here) is a 2000 GT 5 speed. 3.73's in the back end and it flies! Seriously though, there is a big difference between the SN95 and the 99/00 upgrades - primarily a desperately needed pony upgrade!

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 01-14-2001, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

Hey Vols fan,
Have you raced a CL-S? If so what result. PS - Good luck Tuesday against UK. We have a young team, you all should kill us. But don't underestimate playing at RUPP. I cant believe our football team is going on probation for recruiting violations that got us a 2-9 year. PITTIFULL.

------------------
2001 Taffeta White CL-S
Spoiler,muds,& roof visor
Old 01-14-2001, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Hey TypeSKid, as you can tell by my user name, I share your utter disdain for mustangs and the clowns that drive them. I'm just glad to know that you destroyed that plastic p.o.s. in the manner that you did...When you have him down, just keep pounding until he's dead. Woo Hoo, good kill my friend! I just picked up my brand spanking new Silver CL-S w/spoiler yesterday and now I too am officially on the mustang prowl!!!
Old 01-14-2001, 10:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Careful stangsrlame, you never know what they have under that hood. Its so easy to find parts for that car!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-15-2001, 12:14 AM
Instructor

tw1112 - True. A call to Vortex will add another 60-70 ponies, almost putting the 'Stang into LS1 territory. I still like my solution though - fugettabout the LS1 and gimme the LS6. (GM says 385 bhp. Phooey - closer to 380 rwhp after break-in ).

KyCLS - should be an awesome game. Since I live in Greenville, SC, I had to laugh my ass off at the 'Cocks (we stomped them last week). How do you like your chicken?

As far as playing in Rupp? It's hell. As loud and visitor unfriendly as any stadium outside of Duke. Although Ashley Judd does add to the atmosphere! I worked for Rafferty's for a long time in school and got to see quite a few games there. Of course, I'm still in shock at Tennessee having a top ranked men's basketball team. Jerry should consult with Pat for a few pointers (last time I checked, her record's still pretty good ).

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 01-15-2001, 12:27 AM
Instructor

That's the problem. Mustangs may be crap, but they rarely loose. American muscle is hard to beat off the line. Throw in a few turns, those muscle cars begin to falter quickly.

------------------
2001 CL Type S. No mods.
No mods planned. I don't know anything about cars...
Old 01-15-2001, 01:23 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 631 Likes on 280 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuckyCL:
That's the problem. Mustangs may be crap, but they rarely loose. American muscle is hard to beat off the line. Throw in a few turns, those muscle cars begin to falter quickly.

</font>
ain't that the truth!!

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura Cl Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-15-2001, 01:43 AM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TypeSKid:
Coming home from my girlfriends cousins office party in Chantilly last nite. Her cousin was following us in his jeep, when some jackass comes flying around him, and gets in between us right when it goes to one lane.

The guy was RIGHT on my ass. I tapped my brakes a few times and he STILL wouldn't let off.

I dropped it in 2nd doing about 45. And pulled BIG time on him, hitting my shift perfectly into 3rd and letting off at 90...It took him a while to catch up.

We then get to a two lane opening and I put down my side window...It looked like one of the ghetto boys driving this mother fucker.

Its a GT, but not a new one, the one right before the current design. I said: "Is that all you got?"

And he said, damn, that thing is fast!

I turned traction control off and completely left his ass this time at the light we pulled up to.

What a piece of shit. I hate mustangs!
</font>

TypeSkid, not trying to diss but are you sure it was a GT and not the regular crap? Is you TypeS modded any? My friend has a 99 GT and I can't beat him. Not off the line nor 1/4 mile. Do I have the models confuse? The 99's are current or last model? All I know is that the 99's are pretty fast.

Believe me I don't think highly of Mustangs.

Anyway, Nice Kill!!!!
Old 01-15-2001, 02:08 AM
Advanced

Very true about the unlimited, cheap mods available on Mustangs. Also true is that the new GT's are now siginficantly faster. But hey, even if I lose to one, I know that I'm driving a beautiful machine, and as for that Mustang....well, ummm its a FORD...hahahaha!!!
Old 01-15-2001, 10:42 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LuckyCL....They may be plastic but don't try to take a 99 Cobra in the turns because you won't take him. The IRS, although the source of many harmonic balance problems, did manage to make the stang into a decent road machine. But ultimately the fact that it's a Ford, sends it back to the shop again and again...........I know, that's why I proudly drive a CL-S!!

------------------
CL-S Sundance Gold, TR Typhoon Wheels, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570
Old 01-15-2001, 10:46 AM

AC:

I'm 100% postive it was GT. A 1999 is the new body style. This one was the body style right before the new one, with those goofy ass taillights. Without headers and intake it would be impossible to beat a 1999 Mustang GT.
Old 01-15-2001, 11:45 AM
Nosferatu

Guys! POst the kill stories in the kill forum, let's get that place a little more lively.

As for the Mustangs, watch out for the pre-'96 (that's the redesign year right?) and the '99-'00+ GT's. The brand new ones are beefed up majorly and the old ones are very easy to mod. My friend has both an '85 and '87, heavily modded (no NOS or forced induction) and runs 11's in them. 11.2 in the '85 and if I remember right 11.7 in the '87. Both are his daily drivers. He plans on supercharging and spraying the '85 this spring and playing with the engine some more (built the engines himself for both cars).

Also gotta say is that you'd never know they're that fast, they look very uncared for and look slow as heck..... LOOK slow is the key word. hehehehe

------------------
Andrew S.
2000 Dark Forest Green GTP/GTX
14.413@95.03

My Mod Page

2001 San Marino Red Acura 3.2 CL Type S
* No Mods Yet, though planned *
Old 01-15-2001, 01:41 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stangsrlame:
Hey TypeSKid, as you can tell by my user name, I share your utter disdain for mustangs and the clowns that drive them. I'm just glad to know that you destroyed that plastic p.o.s. in the manner that you did...When you have him down, just keep pounding until he's dead. Woo Hoo, good kill my friend! I just picked up my brand spanking new Silver CL-S w/spoiler yesterday and now I too am officially on the mustang prowl!!!</font>
Careful. There is a time and place for Detroit iron and it is flat off the line. With some mods, Mustangs are killers. I owned a '65 and then an '84 GT and the '84 GT could only be beat by Vette's and German Autobahners. I loved both cars.

There's nothing like the feel of a Mustang's rear end trying to hop around a turn with the gas on in third gear! And the '84 hopped worse than the '65!

Old 01-15-2001, 11:05 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TypeSKid:
AC:

I'm 100% postive it was GT. A 1999 is the new body style. This one was the body style right before the new one, with those goofy ass taillights. Without headers and intake it would be impossible to beat a 1999 Mustang GT.
</font>
I see!

I have headers and intake and I can't beat the 99's 5spd. You guys probably could with headers and intake. If you don't beat them, I know you'll give them a hell of a race. I want to see JZ or BeatYaAll take on a new Stang while I just follow

Old 01-16-2001, 12:32 AM
Banned

Hey Guys with CAI:

I just put it onto my car (Search by User for pics) typically what kind of changes do you see? Ive heard low end torque loss, and seen low end torque increases (dyno) ... so whats the real deal? I am getting GTECH Friday so ill be able to get some better idea....

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Custom Chromed Aluminum Cold Air Intake, PIA 19172 Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Custom Aftermarket Paint Etching On Driver Door
01/14/00
Old 01-16-2001, 12:47 AM
Instructor

[bold] LuckyCL....They may be plastic but don't try to take a 99 Cobra in the turns because you won't take him. The IRS, although the source of many harmonic balance problems, did manage to make the stang into a decent road machine. But ultimately the fact that it's a Ford, sends it back to the shop again and again...........I know, that's why I proudly drive a CL-S!!
[/bold]

I wouldn't take on anything with 5L engine and a manual transmission. The sad truth is, if Ford would build the ponys better, I would easily get one... But somebody on here said the build quality was terrible. I drive my brother's 93 thunderbird... with 65,000 miles that thing is a wreck. And he drives like my grandmother... never speeds. Then again... this is the second time my car is in the shop for the heater problem...

------------------
2001 CL Type S. No mods.
No mods planned. I don't know anything about cars...
Old 01-16-2001, 10:33 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xephyr2K:

I just put it onto my car (Search by User for pics) typically what kind of changes do you see? Ive heard low end torque loss, and seen low end torque increases (dyno)
</font>
You will normally never see any measureable losses with an open intake. But most of the gains do tend to come up higher.

With the AEM CAI, on the dyno, I averaged ~4hp gain with a peak gain of 11hp. But this was with my IMRC not functioning. I do feel there may be a slightly greater improvement with it functioning.
Old 01-16-2001, 06:00 PM
Drifting

Good job TypeSkid. But shouldn't you be out hunting IS 300s. I always love a good domestic kill, but I love I am Slow 300 kill stories even more.

------------------
I am not a newbie