Which muffler should I buy..HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:49 PM
SOLD 9/11/06 Parts 4 Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Which muffler should I buy..HELP!!!

I need some help guys...I have a 2001 cl-s ... I want to buy just the mufflers not the whole exhaust system... but i dont know which ones to get.. the have some on ebay like OBX for like $4 plus $40 shipping are these any good... im looking for something with a deep tone and not too loud... i know that they come with silencers but silencers kill horsepower too... anyway i want something that sounds like and EVo or STi not like those cheap civics... are those ebay deals good or what...?? heres the link http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

thanx guys...
Old 09-15-2005, 10:02 PM
I need a Hybrid CL-S

First of all are only going to get 2 - 3 hp from replacing your stock exhaust, and second of all, you get what you pay for, if you buy a $4 exhaust its probably going to sound like shit and it is probably going to be shit so you should go with a quality exhaust like the comptech axelback, greddy evo, or apexi world sport 2 exhaust. All of those are direct bolt on. You can check them all out at http://www.c-c-c.net along with a couple other options.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 PM
That's Racist

Look up Apex'i WS2 full catback system. I know some people on the boards here are lookin' to get a few sets of these. Getting the full catback from apex'i will probably run you cheaper than a set of comptech axleback only too.

I have the apex'i full catback (RS not WS2 though), and I absolutely love the sound. It's not too loud, and the exhausts look great. (Like the HKS superdraggers, but less stubby).

If you don't want to spend too much though, look into magnaflow mufflers with our stock piping. I hear that too sounds great and it looks awesome too.

You basically only have a handful of choices:

1.comptech axleback/catback (most expensive with 3 inch tip)
2.Magnaflow muffs with stock piping (probably best if you're on a budget, look exactly like the comptechs, but with a larger tip).
3.Apex'i WS2 (4 inch piping, very conservative sound) I believe the WS2 have a rolled tip, and it looks GREAT. (My RS's don't have a rolled tip)
4.HKS superdraggers (I believe full catback is available for this... 4 inch tip opening, big canister, shorter tip than the apex'i)
5.Greddy Evos (Doesn't show canister, aggressive looks (bigger than opening for HKS/Apex'i, and aggressive sound).
6.Neuspeed (Discontinued, can possibly find full catback system used is the only way to get it) aggressive note, bling blingin' Y pipe as well. My personal favorite. (4 inch tip... they just look damn good). Look 'em up
7.Tanabe Hyper Medallion - Never seen anyone w/ 'em. I believe someone was selling a full catback set on black market awhile ago though.

Here's mine (Apex'i RS), if you get Apex'i WS2, it's like mine, but with a rolled tip

Old 09-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
In My Opinion......if You Like The Deep Mellow Tone, I Have The "hks" Super Draggers On My O1 Cl-s And They Sound Great. My Hp Gain Was Actually 5 To 7!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Instructor

before i did a full exhaust on my cl-s i started with just the Remus mufflers. then i did a full exhaust from the headers back. the Remus mufflers give a deep rumble sound not like the lawnmower kind. i love em. and they look like the stock mufflers too!!!