Most Fun Races EVER

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Fun Races EVER

Man I still get excited when I talk about this. I was cruisin down 183 here in dallas, tx one night at about 2 am. At that time there are NO cops for a stretch of about 50 miles, at least from my experience, its where i do most of my trolling:-p.. any who at that time of night it is mainly empty except for the night owls like me looking for some action. i was doing about 55 when i saw some tail lights in the distance so i sped up and caught up with him and realized it was one of those new civic type r's, it was srock from what i could tell. as soon as he saw me gaining, i heard him start hinking like crazy, so i popped it into ss and downshifted and he did as well... needles to say i passed him up with ease and flashed my hazards and he flashed me back and i slowed and rode right next to him to guve him a "good race nod"... but then we both saw some headlight ripping right towards us, and at first i thought it was a cop, but it turned out not to be. so the guy in the civic pointed back at the guy and smiled and we speed up to match the newcomers speed, we were all at about a 65 roll on the 4 lane portion side by side and the new guy, in his nice looking 240z gave us three beeps and we all gunned it, i pulled out in front of the civic easily but the 240 z was a little more trouble, i think he had done some work on it. i flashed my hazard and we decided to take the exit at harwood and turn around for some more action down the other way. after we had re entered the highway the civic guy hinked and when i looked at him he pointed at the feeder running along next to the freeway... viper . he didnt see us at first i dont think, we were all honking and by the time he got got onto the merger we saw him hit the brakes and slow almost to a stop, or he may have stopped i couldnt see that far, up ahead about 1/5 a mile ahead of us... we must have all been on the same thought process because i think we all said eff it and all 3 of us went all out, when we passed the viper, white smoke was POURING proFUSEly out from his rear tires. we had punched it from a 55 roll and at about 125 mph for me, the viper shot past all 3 of us like it was nothing, and it probably was nothing. At about 140 i shut it down and the viper was idling up . i slowed dawn and rolled down the window and told him he had a sweet ass car, and just to be nice he told me he liked mine too :-p, so the civic caught up and so did the 240z, and we all cruised down 183 at about 35 mph just kind of chatting. then the civic guy challenged us all to a closer and all agreed, the viper hinked and on the 3 we all gunned it, the viper fall behind 4 a split second because he peeled for a good couple of second, but he soon passed us like we were all going backwards. i had a helluva time, i dout that kinda stuff will happen again, it was too cool.

this story is irrelavent, but 2 nights ago i raced a riced out mustang v6 (yes riced out) and had the extreme pleasure of whitnessing the result of poor car care, at about 65 mph (from a dig) the stang's engine started COUGHING and i heard a pop and smoke start pouring out of this guys hood. needless to say i took the victory home from that one. add stang to my kill list, muhah:P

anywho... i'll cetch u guys later, hope u enjoyed reading this.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice races. Sounds like a good time.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Instructor

The new Civic TypeRs aren't available in the US.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah sounds like good times.

Glad to see the viper guy had some humility.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Most Fun Races EVER

Originally posted by Spankin New CLs
Man I still get excited when I talk about this. I was cruisin down 183

I live in Hurst/Colleyville with my ABP 02 TLs. I'll look for you sometime
Anything identifying about your car? If you exited Harwood, you must have taken the sweet curve at 121 N.

here in dallas, tx one night at about 2 am. At that time there are NO cops for a stretch of about 50 miles, at least from my experience, its where i do most of my trolling:-p.. any who at that time of night it is mainly empty except for the night owls like me looking for some action. i was doing about 55 when i saw some tail lights in the distance so i sped up and caught up with him and realized it was one of those new civic type r's, it was srock from what i could tell. as soon as he saw me gaining, i heard him start hinking like crazy, so i popped it into ss and downshifted and he did as well... needles to say i passed him up with ease and flashed my hazards and he flashed me back and i slowed and rode right next to him to guve him a "good race nod"... but then we both saw some headlight ripping right towards us, and at first i thought it was a cop, but it turned out not to be. so the guy in the civic pointed back at the guy and smiled and we speed up to match the newcomers speed, we were all at about a 65 roll on the 4 lane portion side by side and the new guy, in his nice looking 240z gave us three beeps and we all gunned it, i pulled out in front of the civic easily but the 240 z was a little more trouble, i think he had done some work on it. i flashed my hazard and we decided to take the exit at harwood and turn around for some more action down the other way. after we had re entered the highway the civic guy hinked and when i looked at him he pointed at the feeder running along next to the freeway... viper . he didnt see us at first i dont think, we were all honking and by the time he got got onto the merger we saw him hit the brakes and slow almost to a stop, or he may have stopped i couldnt see that far, up ahead about 1/5 a mile ahead of us... we must have all been on the same thought process because i think we all said eff it and all 3 of us went all out, when we passed the viper, white smoke was POURING proFUSEly out from his rear tires. we had punched it from a 55 roll and at about 125 mph for me, the viper shot past all 3 of us like it was nothing, and it probably was nothing. At about 140 i shut it down and the viper was idling up . i slowed dawn and rolled down the window and told him he had a sweet ass car, and just to be nice he told me he liked mine too :-p, so the civic caught up and so did the 240z, and we all cruised down 183 at about 35 mph just kind of chatting. then the civic guy challenged us all to a closer and all agreed, the viper hinked and on the 3 we all gunned it, the viper fall behind 4 a split second because he peeled for a good couple of second, but he soon passed us like we were all going backwards. i had a helluva time, i dout that kinda stuff will happen again, it was too cool.

this story is irrelavent, but 2 nights ago i raced a riced out mustang v6 (yes riced out) and had the extreme pleasure of whitnessing the result of poor car care, at about 65 mph (from a dig) the stang's engine started COUGHING and i heard a pop and smoke start pouring out of this guys hood. needless to say i took the victory home from that one. add stang to my kill list, muhah:P

anywho... i'll cetch u guys later, hope u enjoyed reading this.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^
Old 05-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro

yeah i think you were racing a civic si...but those are pretty damn slow..however i'm sure they will take you out on the mountain roads..i hear they handle like crazy
Old 05-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Advanced

New stock Civic SI's are a disgrace... They are so slow, almost any CL <01 should win. Handling is awful too, they have tall skinny ass all season tires. Ive seen some pretty nice modded ones in my area though, but I don't know if they are fast.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

civics = pos nonetheless.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

I tried to figure this out by context, but couldn't...what exactly is 'hinked'?
Old 05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SPEEDING = JAIL
Old 05-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by kevin79925
SPEEDING = JAIL
cop didn't see you, you didn't do it
Old 05-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Infiltr8r
cop didn't see you, you didn't do it
Oh, they saw him.....
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=140877
Old 05-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Selling Chicken Parts

Originally posted by juniorbean
Oh, they saw him.....
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=140877
sorry to hear about Kevin...but i wasn't talking about him
Old 05-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Advanced

are you sure it was a 240z? dont you mean a 240sx?
Old 06-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Cruisin'

nope 240z... very good condition, surprisingly, since most 240z owners seem to let the conditon of their car slip... and i guess it was the si since the R's arent available in the us.... and sorry for all of the horrible typos... by the by, hinked = honked...