Mods...Please create a "I sold my CL-S and bought something else" forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mods...Please create a "I sold my CL-S and bought something else" forum.

I refuse to belive that I am the only one sick of hearing this shit. I am happy for everyone who can afford to buy a new car. I am just sick of hearing that they sold the CL-S cause it was a POS and bought something else. I guess I have a stick up my ass today or something, but this shit is making me angry:angry: because I like my car and am, happy with it.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-29-2003, 05:49 PM
__

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree and disagree. I want to know who got what, but sometimes the threads do turn into CL bashings..... I have never had a single problem or rattles w/ any of my 3 american built Acuras

I would rather have the current threads, then none at all though....

A-CL should really put "350Z's and G35's welcome" below the top banner...haha
Old 05-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Zoot
i agree and disagree. I want to know who got what, but sometimes the threads do turn into CL bashings..... I have never had a single problem or rattles w/ any of my 3 american built Acuras

I would rather have the current threads, then none at all though....

A-CL should really put "350Z's and G35's welcome" below the top banner...haha
I like both cars and I have driven them both and I just don't see what the big deal was. I just want to hear the "I sold my CL-S and got a 360 Modena" threads with lot "o" pics, that would be cool.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm Cool

let's just ban everyone that traded/bought a new car to replace the CL
Old 05-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I think you're gonna have to live with it..... especially considering there will be no more "new" CL sales happening.....

Life goes on..... and people buy different cars. What's the big deal?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
So who here has recently sold their CLS and said it was a POS? I'd like to know...
Old 05-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Suzuka Master

sorry brotha never gonna happen i still miss my cl-s but i sold it to a friend/coworker so i still get to see it everyday
Old 05-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Daily Driver

I think it's cool, since I figure I have something in common in taste in cars with those on this thread. So when it's time for my girlfriend or I to go find a new ride, the opinions and observations of those on this board might be good to have.

With the exception of those who got burned by the transmission problem, I don't think most folks are truly dissing the CL. Even most of them say they love the car, just not the tranny.

I'm happy for those who jumped ship and got a G or 350Z. They got what they feel to be a somewhat nicer automobile, but they also paid about $7K more for a comparably equipped model - a CL-S non-navi is going for $28K or under nowadays, and a premium-optioned non-navi G35C MT is going to run you a bit under $35K. Another $7K gets you a 330ci, another $10K maybe gets you an //M3, whatever. The grass is always greener on the other side...

For me, I love my CLS6, I think it's still by far the value leader in it's class and one hell of a ride. It's everyone else's loss that it got cancelled, and I think it's kinda cool that my car is now so rare.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Suzuka Master

I would never diss the CL. I loved the car. Yes, it did have it's problems, but all cars do.

I stick around here because I think this is the best car board that I have ever visited. A lot of great people and topics.

Yes, I own a Z now, but don't hate me because I "sold out"
Old 05-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Masshole

I feel the same way...I will drive my CL with pride until the day I go to pick up my new car. This site is the bomb and I'll always be around because we all love cars here...no matter the brand.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I owned a 1st gen and switched to a Z.

If you read my thread, there was never one thing bad mentioned towards my CL or the CL-S. Had I owned a CL-S, my decision would have been much harder. I've rode in a few, and I really liked them! Regardless of the issues people have had.

I've been on this board for a while and have been going to meets for over a year now. I was just excited to share my joy with the great peeps of acl.com.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sooner or later everyone's gonna sell out, can't really be avoided.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
"nothing is forever"......................
Old 05-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Working with Lumberg.

HAHAHA!!!!

(Buncha Bennedict Arnolds...)

I think that most who sell the CL's for something else would have traded their current car by now as well (maybe for a CL). Some people just need the change every now and then... Understandable.

But then again, FVCK'EM!!!! :pfawk:
Old 05-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
yeah........where are the threads "MY CL SUCKED, now I have a 350z/g35c ?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by ABreece
Old 05-29-2003, 10:23 PM
What, me drive fast?

Don't hate. We all love/loved our cars. People that have moved on have LOTS LOTS LOTS!!! of great info for newbies. I admit, it is getting bad, it seems that a lot of the "family" is moving on but still...the CL_S rules!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Drifting

First, I was not hating on anyone. Just hear me out. When I bought my CL, about 15mos ago, it was, and still is a stretch for my budget. I love this car and it is a little depressing to keep reading about how the automatics are death traps and the six-speed resale value sucks ass. I am happy with my purchase and I have no regrets. I know there are more positive posts about the CL, I'll just stick to those I guess.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i'm with you man. the only reason i was able to afford the cl-s was because i got such a great deal. i don't have the extra $ right now to go get a new ride just because something new comes out. i <3 my auto cl-s, it turns heads everywhere it goes. people at the track can't believe how quick it is, some people don't even know what it is.

remember folks, this site wouldn't exhist w/o the auto cl-s.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
Don't hate. We all love/loved our cars. People that have moved on have LOTS LOTS LOTS!!! of great info for newbies. I admit, it is getting bad, it seems that a lot of the "family" is moving on but still...the CL_S rules!

And we got boyz like scalbert, typer, allmotor, and the others reprezentin' the CL-S.

The only thing better than making them mad is making them jealous.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i was forced to buy a new car, so i m not a traitor. and after almost 3 years with MY CLS... i was still happy with it overall, because i get A LOT OF attention driving on the street ( MORE THAN MY G35C) even with my broken tranny .and i didnt wanna buy the same car again after i had it for 3 years. so... here i am.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:13 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
All of the people getting rid of their cars are the ones with the slush boxes. They are coming up to the end of their warranty. They also have a bad taste in their mouthes from the bad trannies. I sold my 01 CL for an 03 6 speed, but if I would have waited longer I would probably got a different car. There wasn't as much selection for cars of this performance for this price in 01, but now there are numerous models. People don't necessarily hate the CL, they aren't happy with how Acura has dealt with the tranny issue, and that also shows they will act that way again in the future. I love my CL, but there are obvious reasons that these people are switching, and it makes sense.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:18 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Oh btw you have a 6 speed. You have nothing to be angry about. Nice car BTW. The people selling are the autos. It also means there will be less CL's on the road. I take that as a good thing. Dont want a car I see every 5 minutes. You car is still the same. You don't lose anything if other people sell. Some people want more performance also, and the front wheel drive setup has its limits. Basically acura needs to get it's shit together. They need a rear wheel drive coupe with atleast 300hp.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by brian6speed
Basically acura needs to get it's shit together. They need a rear wheel drive coupe with atleast 300hp.
They do and it's called the NSX....it just costs 90k.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh btw you have a 6 speed. You have nothing to be angry about. Nice car BTW. The people selling are the autos. It also means there will be less CL's on the road. I take that as a good thing.
why does people selling their cl's mean there will be less on the road ...it's not as if they're getting sent to the junk yard or sold to refugees in a third world country for cryin out loud.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Racer

Believe me, I wish I didn't have all these problems, espcially the tranny, with this car. I love it and still do. But for one, I don't feel safe driving it anymore. I'm also sick of acura telling me that the new replacement transmissions they are putting in the cars now have been fixed and will not have the problem again. BS, my most recent one slipped on the way home from the dealer.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Race Director

All of the people getting rid of their cars are the ones with the slush boxes. They are coming up to the end of their warranty. They also have a bad taste in their mouthes from the bad trannies. I sold my 01 CL for an 03 6 speed, but if I would have waited longer I would probably got a different car. There wasn't as much selection for cars of this performance for this price in 01, but now there are numerous models. People don't necessarily hate the CL, they aren't happy with how Acura has dealt with the tranny issue, and that also shows they will act that way again in the future. I love my CL, but there are obvious reasons that these people are switching, and it makes sense.
I think you may need to take it a little easy with the whole "Six Speeds are better then Auto's." It depends on who you talk too considering this is no more than an opinion. I picked the 5A over the 6M b/c i have no real interest in rowing through the gears manually. Of course your gonna see the people who are jumping ship are going to be driving autos but that’s just because they've been out for nearly 3 years while most owners of the 6-speeds are fairly new owners. I can bet you that if the 6M came out at the same time that the 5A did, 6M owners would also be jumping ship for more power and RWD in the Z/G35c.

(I just hate 5A bashing)
Old 05-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
so very...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Okay, I probably wasnt very clear on this, although I never EVER dissed the CL. I FREAKIN LOVED MY CLS. In fact, I miss the hell out of it, I miss the comfort, the class, and Navina (Yes, I named my navi system). I havent played with my current navi system too much because I'm still trying to perfect my stick driving (and dont need any distractions). Anyways, I had a crapload of problems... and I had no choice but to get rid of the beloved CLS, My warranty was also expiring and I didnt want to take the huge depreciation hit after the CL is officially discontinued. I got a good deal on the 350z and am happy. If I didnt have as many problems with the CL, and could afford it, I would have kept the CL at least as a second car...
Old 05-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by synth19
Okay, I probably wasnt very clear on this, although I never EVER dissed the CL. I FREAKIN LOVED MY CLS. In fact, I miss the hell out of it, I miss the comfort, the class, and Navina (Yes, I named my navi system). I havent played with my current navi system too much because I'm still trying to perfect my stick driving (and dont need any distractions). Anyways, I had a crapload of problems... and I had no choice but to get rid of the beloved CLS, My warranty was also expiring and I didnt want to take the huge depreciation hit after the CL is officially discontinued. I got a good deal on the 350z and am happy. If I didnt have as many problems with the CL, and could afford it, I would have kept the CL at least as a second car...
I can't blame you or anyone else for selling a car that you had problems with.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:39 AM
Safety Car

who cares if people sell their car... this is in "car talk" people have been posting news re: other autos on here forever!! not that I was willing to give my CL-S away.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:43 AM
hater

I leased my 5AT for two years beginning in April '00. I experienced a TON of problems with the car that older members like scalbert, ShawnS, Tom2 and soopa can surely remember. When it went off lease, I was very happy. I hated the car at that point and only enjoyed my interior amenities and the color (PDG).

My next car HAD to be a sports car. I tried in vain to drive my CL like a sports car, but it would never be a true sports car. My Z in stock form is an extremely capable sports car. With mods, it's off the fucking hook.

Would I buy another CL-S, perhaps in 6MT trim? No. Not because it's not a capable vehicle, but because it would never match the level of handling performance I have today. That being said, I still went out and bought the wife an '03 Accord EX V6 sedan. It's a nice change to get into a comfortable car every once in a while. I don't hate HONDA, I hated my particular, problem-prone CL-S.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by droideka
I leased my 5AT for two years beginning in April '00. I experienced a TON of problems with the car that older members like scalbert, ShawnS, Tom2 and soopa can surely remember. When it went off lease, I was very happy. I hated the car at that point and only enjoyed my interior amenities and the color (PDG).

My next car HAD to be a sports car. I tried in vain to drive my CL like a sports car, but it would never be a true sports car. My Z in stock form is an extremely capable sports car. With mods, it's off the fucking hook.

Would I buy another CL-S, perhaps in 6MT trim? No. Not because it's not a capable vehicle, but because it would never match the level of handling performance I have today. That being said, I still went out and bought the wife an '03 Accord EX V6 sedan. It's a nice change to get into a comfortable car every once in a while. I don't hate HONDA, I hated my particular, problem-prone CL-S.
Your web site is really nice. I like the brakes.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Chaptorial
I think you may need to take it a little easy with the whole "Six Speeds are better then Auto's." It depends on who you talk too considering this is no more than an opinion. I picked the 5A over the 6M b/c i have no real interest in rowing through the gears manually. Of course your gonna see the people who are jumping ship are going to be driving autos but that’s just because they've been out for nearly 3 years while most owners of the 6-speeds are fairly new owners. I can bet you that if the 6M came out at the same time that the 5A did, 6M owners would also be jumping ship for more power and RWD in the Z/G35c.

(I just hate 5A bashing)
So well said !!!