moded last-gen eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 06:50 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
moded last-gen eclipse

getting onto 476N leaving Villanova on lancaster ave/30 west. This car starts ridding my ass at the traffic light. The on ramp is an incline and so usually i'll hold 3rd gear so i can merge with some speed but I saw the guy behind and kept it in 2nd. Anyway so he is really close and I'm in second. I merge and in 2nd at like 2100 rpm. WOT throttle all the way up the ramp and then I merge into traffic.

At that point I had no idea what kind of car it was but it hung with me while i was accelerating. Never gained ground but never really lost that much.

We both merge in I zip to the 3rd lane on the outside to see if i can catch on open stop. He stays in the first lane and blows past a couple of people and right past me because I"m stuck behind somebody. I see at the point He's got an eclipse with exhaust. I rolled down the window a bit. I always roll down the window so i can hear and see the road, engine etc., Anyway he down shifts and i hear blow-off valve and he takes off. I follow and pass him without a problem. We hit a bunch of traffic.

I'll have fun in traffic but will not go overboard. This dude took some tight passes that i wasn't willing to make.

I finally caught up to him at mid-county but he took the off-ramp towards Plymouth Meeting. IF i had to call it, i'd say i would say that i had him without much trouble.

thoughts:
-I need upgrade the suspension. Lane changes are a little floaty at high speeds.

-tires are a must

-i would love to see somebody come out with a turbo application for the CLS. SC will be nice but most of our races aren't stop lights so I usually need the HP top-end.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:28 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: moded last-gen eclipse

Originally posted by Zapata

- SC will be nice but most of our races aren't stop lights so I usually need the HP top-end.
I don't know about your races, but most of mine are of the stoplight variety.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:39 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no reason anyone can't have a turbo put onto their CL. The turbo units themselves are all the same, it's just the plumbing that will have to be re-routed. Ain't nobody (in my humble opinion) coming out with a turbo kit for the CL EVER!
Old 12-04-2001, 10:44 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: moded last-gen eclipse

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life

I don't know about your races, but most of mine are of the stoplight variety.
i do alot of highway driving so those are my only opportunities :'(