Modded Auto Against 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded 6 speed Against 6 speed

Okay I just installed my old K&N drop in filter and took out the resonator for my buddies new 6 speed.

Well after resetting his ECU and letting both our cars warm up for 10 minutes we decided to test out both of our cars.

Heres a list of my mods
Injen CAI
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Spring
Comptech Sways
70lb system
me and friend combined weight around300lb
and 40 lbs of luggage(laptop bag, car cleaning stuff tools blah blah)
and 32k stock tires

His list of mods
6 speed
Him and our other friend compbined weight around 300lb.
K&N drop in w/ resonator removed
clean trunk (no extra weight)

Well we line up to a light where there are no cars and we both get ready.

I turn off the A/C and VSA and move the shifter to 1. He revvs his engine and is eager to launch.

Light turns green. HE FOOKEN JACK RABBITS 1 car ahead of me. both of us had tire spin. well he kinda had tire hop while I was trying to catch traction on my 32k old michlens'
We both go at it WOT. BTW the race was on a 30% up hill incline.
Well back to the race, he fooken gets 1 car ahead of me from the light but that doesn't last long by the time I hit 5000rpm my nose was right at his rear quarter panel, slowly but surely im pulling inches on him literally inches. well by end of 2nd gear I was dead even. by 3rd I inched some more and his front was on my rear bumper and by 4th gear i was almost 1/4 of a car in front of him. Then we cut the race off.

OMG I was soo fooken impressed w/ the 6 speed. My friends all agreed if he had even a CAI it would of been my lose. OMG and he is planning on getting fooken headers.

To give you some example of how fast this car is, when I race a stock typeS i can beat it by 2 cars lenghts NO PROBLEM by 80mph.
This race lasted till 115mph.

Well im going to get some stickhy Z rated tires some light weight rims and try again.

THe fooken 6 speed is FAST!! must be the really short gear ratios.

VERY VERY impressed.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:22 PM
Certified Lurker

WOW, very impressive showing by the 6 speed......I love this thing more and more every day!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 04:27 PM
Old timer

I'm more impressed with Joe's performance especially since the 6speed pulls low-to-mid 14s stock and Joe crept two cars on him (since the 6speed jumped a car ahead and ended up at his rear bumper).

Joe you sure have the best luck with an original '01 CLS. Your car runs strong, your tranny is good (even with all the abuse you give it), and now that you Zaino'd the car looks hot too!

YOu have all the right mods, just clean out your trunk, slap on some 18" SSR Comps or Volk -37s with fresh rubber and you're golden.

Btw I saw Joe's tires yesterday - there are almost completely bald in some spots.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by JRock
I'm more impressed with Joe's performance especially since the 6speed pulls low-to-mid 14s stock and Joe crept two cars on him (since the 6speed jumped a car ahead and ended up at his rear bumper).

Joe you sure have the best luck with an original '01 CLS. Your car runs strong, your tranny is good (even with all the abuse you give it), and now that you Zaino'd the car looks hot too!

YOu have all the right mods, just clean out your trunk, slap on some 18" SSR Comps or Volk -37s with fresh rubber and you're golden.

Btw I saw Joe's tires yesterday - there are almost completely bald in some spots.

JRock,

I agree, his car runs REALLY smooth. Great acceleration.

It definitely seems to be one of the faster one's that i've riden in!

And its about time he's got some ZAINO ON THAT BITCH!
Old 06-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmmmm, I might wait till winter and sell my car and buy a 6speed w/ navi at a nice discount
Old 06-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Nice race...now you need to clean the bich out and the ntry again. I raced Z's cl-s he has a short ram and gready exhaust. He had bald stock tires and I had new stock tires and we both had a passenger in the car. I left him at the light and there was no hope of him catching me His tires were bad tho...real bad. I cant waitto get some mods on my car
Old 06-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Modded 6 speed Against 6 speed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
[B]Okay I just installed my old K&N drop in filter and took out the resonator for my buddies new 6 speed.

i never noticed anyone saying that they had a drop in(have 1) and that they took out the resonator.

can u briefly tell how do and are there any negatives.

i will do a search too

thanks
Old 06-23-2002, 09:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Modded 6 speed Against 6 speed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BSK181
[B]
Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
Okay I just installed my old K&N drop in filter and took out the resonator for my buddies new 6 speed.

i never noticed anyone saying that they had a drop in(have 1) and that they took out the resonator.

can u briefly tell how do and are there any negatives.

i will do a search too

thanks
no negatives buddy, you will deff notice better responce and more gains at higher speeds. its a little louder but not as loud as a full blown CAI. also helps w/ gas mileage