Megan Racing Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Megan Racing Headers

I just installed mine yesterday (and yes it does take about 4 hours to take the old ones off and the new ones on)...and wow what a difference it made!!!!! The headers, the AEM CAI, and APEX'I dual muffs the car flies. It has a pretty deep growl when RPMs climb. In a week or two I'll retorque the headers to make sure there are no leaks. The headers may not be CT but for what I paid on Ebay I could care less. The welds on the headers are TIG welded. I took them over to my uncle who's a pro welder and he said they looked perfect. I have a non Type-S, my car should be able to hold its ground with them, lol. I'll post pics ASAP.

P.S. Thanks for the update on SRS light. Mine came on recently.

P.S.->>> If you're a car geek tech, put the headers on yourself to save some money!!!!!! 400-600 bux to have them put on...ughhh no. lol.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet deal. i need to get me a set.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
I just installed mine yesterday (and yes it does take about 4 hours to take the old ones off and the new ones on)...and wow what a difference it made!!!!! The headers, the AEM CAI, and APEX'I dual muffs the car flies. It has a pretty deep growl when RPMs climb. In a week or two I'll retorque the headers to make sure there are no leaks. The headers may not be CT but for what I paid on Ebay I could care less. The welds on the headers are TIG welded. I took them over to my uncle who's a pro welder and he said they looked perfect. I have a non Type-S, my car should be able to hold its ground with them, lol. I'll post pics ASAP.

P.S.->>> If you're a car geek tech, put the headers on yourself to save some money!!!!!! 400-600 bux to have them put on...ughhh no. lol.
400-600 to put them on??? I only paid 160 at a good performance shop...
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
IM4Citadel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMachine

The 400-600 for the headers is just ridiculous. If I could guess why this happened it seems as if you got a little too impatient about the install and went to the first schmoe available. For basic bolt-on installs you should really look online either on this forum or ones similar to it. If you really feel uncomfortable doing it yourself get out there and meet people in your area or other enthusiasts. The more people you meet (bearing in mind that you don't act like a complete dick and know it all), the more people there are willing to help you. Almost 90% of the install in aftermarket parts for my car have happened through people that I have met or have been introduced to through connections. For example I got my CL in '03 bone stock. I saved up my money from the USMC program at school and bought all the basic bolt on parts (V2 intake, OBX headers, greddy exhaust, catco CC, NGK plugs, AEM pulley kit, neuspeed 2" springs, and KONI yellows F/R). I got it all installed after meeting a friend of mine who had a cousin in tech school in the next town over. For $250 he installed everything for me and got a good review from his instructor on the install. Everything was properly over seen by the instructor and car ran perfectly. Now I know that was pretty specific and not everyone can get that sort of an oppurtunity, but I waited 2-3 full months to find deals on my install. I was just like you, I wanted everything done the day the UPS man came to drop off my parts, but waiting and looking really paid off and saved me close to $1500.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

A lot of the pro shops and muffler shops want to charge out the butt to put the damn things on in Washington state.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I did wait almost three months after searching trying to find a place that would do it for cheap. It's my fault for not looking through the forums. I haven't been on here for a while.