Me vs. Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,099 Posts
Me vs. Mini Cooper S

... and I lost BIG TIME. That thing smoked me like there was no tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention I was driving a '06 Chevy Colbolt 4 door rental when I raced the Mini? Sorry, I had to. This car is such a P.O.S. I hate it and can't wait to get my CL-S back from the body shop!!! It is pretty fun to neutral drop the shizzit out of the "bolt" though!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rofl a cobalt
Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by AznX TL
rofl a cobalt
Was it an SS Cobalt? or just the base model?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im guessing a base since it was a 4 door
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Yeah, it's the base 4 door sedan automatic. It has freakn roll up windows.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what motivation did they have to even race your? i cant see them paying any attention to you.

please tell me you didnt do a ricer flyby to get his attention
Old 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
Minis can be very quick, you should watch out. Mods are easy and cheap for them. I think the 19% SC pully's are only like 200-300 bucks.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by VXCL
what motivation did they have to even race your? i cant see them paying any attention to you.

please tell me you didnt do a ricer flyby to get his attention
No, no ricer fly by! But you're right, the dude probably didn't even know I was trying to race. I was behind him at a light and once we started going he got over to the left lane and I floored it. Needless to say he pulled away very quickly on me and he was probably only like 50% throttle not even knowing I was trying to catch up with him. I was just making fun of the Cobolt. I'm getting my baby back tomorrow though so there's going to be plenty of neutral drops on the drive home tonight b4 I return this turd to Enterprise tomorrow morning.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
@ neutral drops

Watch the tranny take a dump on you before you return it.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:52 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by o2cls
Minis can be very quick, you should watch out. Mods are easy and cheap for them. I think the 19% SC pully's are only like 200-300 bucks.
I'm not scared of Mini's. I'm sure there's a few pretty fast examples out there, just like with any car, but overall they aren't that fast. I destroyed an "S" with my wimpy slightly modded EP3 back in the day, so unless it's a John Cooper Works version, I feel pretty confident I'd give it a smack down... In my CL-S of course, not the "bolt". I do respect them though, and if it's not a straight line race and there's some turns to negotiate, then the Mini would definitely have the advantage.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:52 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
@ neutral drops

Watch the tranny take a dump on you before you return it.
Don't jinx me Green!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:45 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
No, no ricer fly by! But you're right, the dude probably didn't even know I was trying to race. I was behind him at a light and once we started going he got over to the left lane and I floored it. Needless to say he pulled away very quickly on me and he was probably only like 50% throttle not even knowing I was trying to catch up with him. I was just making fun of the Cobolt. I'm getting my baby back tomorrow though so there's going to be plenty of neutral drops on the drive home tonight b4 I return this turd to Enterprise tomorrow morning.
i was really hoping since it was a loaner you did something stupid and dropped that pos in nuetral and rev'd the shit out of it while rolling and slammed th slowmatic into gear. that would have been awesome. just no ricer flybys!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

I'm sorry but you're being a dumbass by doing neutral drops. When that transmission goes the rental car agency repairs it and then pushes the charge onto all of us. Or lets say the tranny lasts for some poor sucker to buy it once the rental agency is done with it. Not a cool move. I think I'd like to take your CL and do some neutral drops in it.

I guess some people never grow up.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Advanced

shit i had a Chevy Aveo for over a month as a renta car. but Mini S are hella fun to drive!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:23 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by oneilc
I'm sorry but you're being a dumbass by doing neutral drops. When that transmission goes the rental car agency repairs it and then pushes the charge onto all of us. Or lets say the tranny lasts for some poor sucker to buy it once the rental agency is done with it. Not a cool move. I think I'd like to take your CL and do some neutral drops in it.

I guess some people never grow up.
Are you kidding me? You take life way to seriously, bud. Loosen up a bit and you'll find yourself getting way less worked up over something so minor as a little neutral drop here and there in a rental car. It's not like I'm taking it off road or something like they did in Jackass. And no, some people never do grow up. I'd much rather have fun going through life than trying to be someone elses parent and repremand them for poking fun at a POS Cobolt. Plus I'm not paying for the rental, the guy who backed into my car is paying for it, so no worries here. You must work for Enterprise or something, huh? I'd be frustrated with life if I had your job, too. And as far as "some poor sucker to buy it once the rental agency is done with it", if you're buying a used one-time rental Cobolt, then I'm sorry, you're definitely taking a chance it's going to fall apart the second you buy it. Again, you must have made this mistake? I bought my Acura from an Acura dealership, so again, doesn't effect me. Go hug a tree or something and let it go, dick.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Are you kidding me? You take life way to seriously, bud. Loosen up a bit and you'll find yourself getting way less worked up over something so minor as a little neutral drop here and there in a rental car. It's not like I'm taking it off road or something like they did in Jackass. And no, some people never do grow up. I'd much rather have fun going through life than trying to be someone elses parent and repremand them for poking fun at a POS Cobolt. Plus I'm not paying for the rental, the guy who backed into my car is paying for it, so no worries here. You must work for Enterprise or something, huh? I'd be frustrated with life if I had your job, too. And as far as "some poor sucker to buy it once the rental agency is done with it", if you're buying a used one-time rental Cobolt, then I'm sorry, you're definitely taking a chance it's going to fall apart the second you buy it. Again, you must have made this mistake? I bought my Acura from an Acura dealership, so again, doesn't effect me. Go hug a tree or something and let it go, dick.
Quite a little rant you put down.

All I'm saying is that you should have a little respect for the property of others regardless of whether or not that property meets your high standards.

I do appreciate your personal attacks on my morals, career and vehicle. Unfortunately I just don't respect you enough to formulate much more than this as a reply.

Thanks for calling me a dick you fucking butt hole chomper.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by oneilc
Quite a little rant you put down.

All I'm saying is that you should have a little respect for the property of others regardless of whether or not that property meets your high standards.

I do appreciate your personal attacks on my morals, career and vehicle. Unfortunately I just don't respect you enough to formulate much more than this as a reply.

Thanks for calling me a dick you fucking butt hole chomper.
So let me get this straight... you troll around threads to make bitter comments about people and then don't expect them to reply? BTW, I checked out your posts and apparently I'm not the only one you've try to make look like a fool. Key word "try".

Personal attacks, huh? If it was personal it wouldn't be via the Internet, I'd show you personally, face to face, how I felt about your pathetic attempt to be my parent, but the Internet lets people like you act like a tough guy and try to boss people around. I really don't think you'd say such things if we didn't have computers between us, I promiss you that.

A "fucking butt hole chomper", huh? That's coming from the person who just said "some people never grow up"? First I'm a "dumbass", then I'm a "fucking butt hole chomper". I want to follow your advice now for sure, because saying things like that are going to get me a lot of respect for being a grown up.

But in the grand scheme of things you've made assenine comments on many posts before and there's no way I can try to talk reason to someone who just trolls around to be a dick to other people because you're insecure about yourself. No worries man, I believe in karma. It'll come your way, believe me.

Well, I guess I've learned my lesson and I'll stop neutral dropping the rental car because god knows I don't want you to not respect me. W/E. Lifes goes on, I'll have fun and you'll be a miserable bastard. :troutslap
Old 01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Yeowtch! You're sensitive. I think you need some Vagisil for that leaky vagina.

Ok ok, enough of this. It's been fun but I'm outta here. If you want the last word go for it. You can tear me up all day and I won't reply.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
I cant believe even the base car models still have manual windows.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:35 PM
AWD Torque Monster

oneilc didn't read the entire post or he would have understood i was trying to figure out how you got the attention of a mini driver. i then jokingly created a scenario. he assumed too much, including the assumption i own a cl, and a was wrong. maybe he had a bad day?

however i would definitely beat on a rental if the right situation came about. snow covered parking lots is one of them, although i prefer my subie.

peace
Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Rental cars pwned.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:16 PM
2002 NBP TL-S

Come on grow up. Just think about your own actions. People who buy those cars might not have the ability to purchase anything better. We are blessed to be able to drive such great reliable cars. Now I'm not saying i havent had a little fun with a rental, I just try not be that hard on a car, esp sice it isn't your own. Remember what you said about karma while you're driving that cobalt.....
Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Originally Posted by FrazTL-S
Come on grow up. Just think about your own actions. People who buy those cars might not have the ability to purchase anything better. We are blessed to be able to drive such great reliable cars. Now I'm not saying i havent had a little fun with a rental, I just try not be that hard on a car, esp sice it isn't your own. Remember what you said about karma while you're driving that cobalt.....
Ok, ok, it's done with. I know I should respect other people's property and I learned my lesson. I'm sorry to everyone I disappointed.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:24 AM
SOLD

In my opinion companies like GM gladly send cars like the cobalt to rental fleets, absolutely knowing this will effect resale and make their cars look like econoboxes. It's all about the money for them...have a little fun. Talk about karma, big corporations are no strangers to screwing people - whether it be themselves, their associates, or their customers. The worst thing to feel bad about is if the Cooper actually thought this was your real car! "Look at that loser in the Cobalt racing me!"