Looking into Buying '03 CL-S 6 speed some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 05:54 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking into Buying '03 CL-S 6 speed some questions...

Hey Guys,
New to the board. I have always liked the CL but I am strictly an M6 guy. Now that the 6 speed is offered I am definately interested.

Mods Question:

The first thing I would want to do is lower the car about 1-1.5 " over a set of 18 inchers. Any suggestions on wheels What is a good looking offset that would work with this amount of drop? Which springs to use? are jsut springs enough?

Are there any issues with dropping these cars (Suspension geometry changes, tire ware, rough ride....)?

I would probably do a mild stereo also. Are there any issues with just adding a sub amp to the factory BOSE system? I do not like to use line level adaptors but sometimes they work out ok (IE it sounded terrible on my T/A without upgrading the head unit).

Are there any good bolt on performance parts that are not to extreme...Intake exhaust...? I am used to american V8 where I got 19RWHP from intake and exhaust.

Overall these are sweet cars. It will take some getting used to on the less power front (My T/A made 305RHWP and 318 RWTQ) but these cars are very quick comfortable and incredibly plush in the cabin for the money.

Thanks for taking time to read the long post.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:50 AM
Team Owner

I’m looking to add 18” wheels to my 03 as well.
The ones I’m looking at are 7.5” wide with a +45 offset.
Tires will be 225/40-18.
Many people have these on 01 & 02’s lowered with Comptech springs without problems.

I have a Sub and Amp in my 01 that are being transferred to the new car as well. (check my sig below)
The same goes for my Xephyr Cold Air Intake which I think adds about 8-10 HP.

As for the other MOD’s, I’m not to sure.
Headers give about 25-30 HP to the Slush-Box CL, so I would expect the same or better for the 6-Speed.

I’m sure some others will jump on here with some advice soon.

Shawn S

PS....Welcome
Old 02-22-2002, 07:04 AM
'Cooter

as far as your sound goes, i'd suggest u talk to Ron over at StreetEffectz just to get a flavor of what he can do for u...some people here on the boards have had work done, and it varies from simple amp upgrades to Eclipse23's TOTAL sound system replacement that looks bad-ass!!! altho SE's site is under construction, the number is still there...or u could throw him a personal message here...conveniently enough, his username is "StreetEffectz"...welcome to A-CL.com!!

http://www.streeteffectz.com
Old 02-22-2002, 07:15 AM
'Cooter

as far as suspension goes, u MUST get sways and springs if u want that sporty feel...stock suspension is ok, but u'll get the boaty rocking back and forth in the twisties...i've raced SOLO with stock everything, and it's a tough ride...tires squealing all over, destroying the sidewalls even with pressure at 40psi...NASTY!!! Comptech is pretty much the brand most CL owners use for both springs and sways...some people think the drop is too conservative and want more, but since u're looking for 1-1.5", i think Comptech is right up your alley...in case u didn't know, Comptech is like the performance company Honda/Acura uses, kinda like AMG is to Mercedes...Park Avenue Acura in NJ specializes in installation of Comptech parts in your CL...i have yet to hear of another Acura dealership that does this...i'm not positive, but i believe Park Avenue will warranty the work they do when they install Comptech parts...and i don't believe adding these parts will cause any warranty issues with Acura...so bottom line, get Comptech Springs and Comptech Sways...since the car is too powerful for our tires, i'd look into getting those as well.

http://www.parkaveacura.com/