Look what I found on Comptechusa about Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001 | 08:45 PM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Look what I found on Comptechusa about Supercharger!

This is what I found on their forum:

..::Supercharger::..
Application:
Accord V6 98-02, CL 01-02, TL 99-02 (including Type-S Model)
Currently Under Development
- Due ~Feb-March 2002
Horsepower gains on 3.0L Accord 60-70 Wheel Horsepower.
Will include:
Supercharger unit, icebox, fuel system upgrades (FPR & in- tank fuel pump), as well as all required hardware & brackets.
-Will require purchasing a new, smaller battery.
-Recommend upgrading tranny fluids to Redline Fluid.
-Target Retail Pricing Around ~$4500.00
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:09 PM
Buckle Up

Sounds pretty good. Everything I expected it to be. umm...any ideas why you would need a smaller battery? more room?
Old 11-26-2001 | 09:13 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Originally posted by monkeymato
Sounds pretty good. Everything I expected it to be. umm...any ideas why you would need a smaller battery? more room?
Yep... Here's a pic from the SEMA thread that shows why.

Old 11-27-2001 | 04:39 AM
suspension dude

Re: Look what I found on Comptechusa about Supercharger!

Originally posted by 2Sxy4YoMama
This is what I found on their forum:

..::Supercharger::..
Application:
Accord V6 98-02, CL 01-02, TL 99-02 (including Type-S Model)
Currently Under Development
- Due ~Feb-March 2002
Horsepower gains on 3.0L Accord 60-70 Wheel Horsepower.
Will include:
Supercharger unit, icebox, fuel system upgrades (FPR & in- tank fuel pump), as well as all required hardware & brackets.
-Will require purchasing a new, smaller battery.
-Recommend upgrading tranny fluids to Redline Fluid.
-Target Retail Pricing Around ~$4500.00
Gee this is new news?

At least I got the pics from SEMA to you all on the first day of SEMA and found out the specs on the supercharger... last wednesday...

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...751#post615751

Check out the last page of posts....
Old 11-27-2001 | 10:20 AM
Nosferatu

Talk about changing the battery being a b!tch! I wonder if it would be better to just relocate the battery to the trunk! I mean, with all the draw on the electrical system as is, would you really want a smaller battery? With the butt-warmers, HID lights, radio, (and people with subs, amps, etc.etc.) power everything. I figure a smaller battery would die quicker and therefore (per the picture) would require a GREAT deal of labor just to replace it!

Oh, and only going to Redline Tranny fluid will NOT save your tranny.... maybe make it last a 'little' longer, but not save it, sorry to say....
Old 11-27-2001 | 10:47 AM
Drifting

Vampyre,

How did the biys with the GTPS take care of the tranny issues they had with all the power? Did they do any upgrades to trannys? Or did they hold up? I'm sure we can learn a lot from the GTP boys since they already have a SC on an automatic tranny.

Spiro
Originally posted by Vampyre
Talk about changing the battery being a b!tch! I wonder if it would be better to just relocate the battery to the trunk! I mean, with all the draw on the electrical system as is, would you really want a smaller battery? With the butt-warmers, HID lights, radio, (and people with subs, amps, etc.etc.) power everything. I figure a smaller battery would die quicker and therefore (per the picture) would require a GREAT deal of labor just to replace it!

Oh, and only going to Redline Tranny fluid will NOT save your tranny.... maybe make it last a 'little' longer, but not save it, sorry to say....
Old 11-27-2001 | 12:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by spiroh
Vampyre,

How did the biys with the GTPS take care of the tranny issues they had with all the power? Did they do any upgrades to trannys? Or did they hold up? I'm sure we can learn a lot from the GTP boys since they already have a SC on an automatic tranny.

The 4T65E is much stouter than the CL-S transaxle with a higher torque load capacity from the start. But we did do some protective maintenence to help insure reliability such as running Redline D4 ATF or Mobil 1 along monitoring the fluid temperature and adding extra cooling capacity.

But that is not to say that some transaxles went south, but they were few and far between until people starting hitting mid to low 13's.

Below are a couple of articles I wrote up many years ago on protecting the transaxle:

http://www.grandprix.net/upgrades/transtempgauge.html

http://www.grandprix.net/upgrades/cooler.html