little tricks or hidden features for the 03cl

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
little tricks or hidden features for the 03cl

well i just found out after having the car for 6 months that my driver window has auto up. lol....where the hell have i been

so i was just curious, what other little things or tricks do the 03cl have that u guys know about.

thanks

i read through some of these, but i know this hasnt been fully upgraded to the 03cl.

http://www.geocities.com/~gamesmgr/chod/acura/
Old 05-24-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm Cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o the center armrest slides out
Old 05-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Back to Four Doors

And if you leave the headlights on ... they will go off automatically after a few seconds. Hit your "open door" remote when you return and they will go back on ... find your car in a parking lot with ease.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both 01 and 02 have those center armrest that slides out and the headlight thing. Hummm...how about the silver trims in your car, black headlights, two tone tail lights and no front marker lights.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After you shut off the car and remove the key, you can still operate the windows for a certain amount of time if none of the doors have been opened.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally posted by Chaptorial
After you shut off the car and remove the key, you can still operate the windows for a certain amount of time if none of the doors have been opened.
I wish they wouldn't have made this so it stops working when a door is opened. I always have to leave the car on when someone is with me because I know the first thing a passenger does when you shut the car off is open the door. Kind of a useless feature. I hate it too when I get out and see that the sunroof is still open and I have already opened the door. I like the way Audis/VWs are. You can shut the windows and sunroof with the key from the outside.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Above n Beyond

Originally posted by Chaptorial
see thats what im talkin about......thanks didnt know that.

the armrest, tailights, headlights, i already knew.

thanks guys, keep em coming.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Miss th 3.0

when ur whipers are on and u stop at a light, when u release the break they will go off
Old 05-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wipers are speed sensitive, only on the first setting, so if you turn them to posistion 2 or 3 they dont stop moving any faster than they do when moving. In position 1 at it's highest setting is like 2 without the speed sensing portion.

The windows and shit annoys me only when people are with me, they are so anxious to get out and puke from my driving..
Old 05-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by ChadT
I like the way Audis/VWs are. You can shut the windows and sunroof with the key from the outside.

Yeah this is a feature i wish came from the factory. Granted you can get it by going with an aftermarket alarm, but still.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Does anyone READ the owners manual? Or I'm I the only noob that does?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Above n Beyond

^yeah i would love to have that feature as well.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally posted by fuzzy02CLS
Does anyone READ the owners manual? Or I'm I the only noob that does?
You're the only noob that does.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro

and did you know if you put your foot on the gas the car will move lol
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by types1967
you saw that one too?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
damn i didn't know that. Is that why i thought my cl was so slow. Oh btw the passenger side mirror tilts down when you back up, and you have heated mirrors and 2 memory seat selections. Yes i know its not 03 specific.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Above n Beyond

see thats why i come here, for such useful info.

thank you a-cl.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

One thing I didn't realize until about 3 weeks after I had the car was the little gas cap holder on the side of the lid :o I had been so used to them being attached to the housing by a plastic "string" with my other cars
Old 05-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Even the new Accords have a windows down feature on the key (not sure about windows up or the sunroof though).

The passenger side side view mirror will move down (so you can see the curb) when the car is put in reverse. This feature only works if the mirror adjusting switch is in the center (off) position.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but I guess that it is possible that it could be missed if your mirror selector switch has never been in the center.

Also, the power rear seat access feature on the car is quirky if you have kids that need to ride in the back, but no front passenger. The seatback on the front passenger seat must be pulled up and locked before the passenger door is closed. If not, then the passenger seat will stay in the "all the way forward" position. I guess this is by design, so that a back seat passenger will have maximal legroom when there is no one sitting in the front seat. I do not like the passenger seat to be so far forward, however, as it obscures my peripheral vision out that side of the car. When my kids ride with me (8 yo son, 5 yo daughter), I always sit in the drivers seat before closing the door, so it's not an issue on my side. But on the passenger side, my son has to get in grab the door with one hand, the seat back with the other, pull the seat back up, then close the door. This requires good timing, and some degree of skill which he has now just about mastered. When I pick him up at school (and all the elementary kids say "Wow, cool car" because they have never seen anything other than SUVs and Minivans) he gets in the back and the teachers often "help out" by closing the passenger door before he gets a chance to pull the seat back up. When he does, guess what, It doesn't return to where I had it set (maximizing both his leg room and my view). I guess that I could get out of the car, walk around and close the door for him (and sometimes I do) but I prefer for the kids to learn to do for themselves when they can. And when picking him up from school I'd prefer that all those Moms in the killer (and I mean it literally, not in a good way) SUV megafamilytrucksterwagons behind me not get too mad at me for holding up the pickup line!

The kids actually love the feature, as I do, when getting in and out though.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Audi S4 driver

When you floor it with the A\C on, it kicks off the air compressor to give you maximum power and get rid of the parasitic loss of HP that it gives you.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Not Asian

Originally posted by blader
When you floor it with the A\C on, it kicks off the air compressor to give you maximum power and get rid of the parasitic loss of HP that it gives you.
I believe once you hit VTEC, this happens.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

If you drive really fast women jump in front of the car and tell you to pull off to the side to ticket you.

I never noticed the compressor kicking off, but I always seem to get hot when I am flooring the car, now I know why.

If you take the car for long drives in the winter your cup of coffee stays warm from the heat going into the cup holder.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Audi S4 driver

Im pretty sure its under any condition where your at 100% throttle .. regardless of vtec. Put your air on and floor it, feel your vents .. it goes warm and humid.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:04 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I set my memory seat to set a few inches back from my normal driving position. So when I open the door the seat automatically moves back for easier access (and less wear on the cheap leather). My other memory setting is the driving setting, so I push that and the seat then moves to my driving position.
My legend coupe did this automatically, including the automatic tilt-away and telescoping steering wheel, like Lexus,...ah cost cutting.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by 123456SPEED
I set my memory seat to set a few inches back from my normal driving position. So when I open the door the seat automatically moves back for easier access (and less wear on the cheap leather). My other memory setting is the driving setting, so I push that and the seat then moves to my driving position.
My legend coupe did this automatically, including the automatic tilt-away and telescoping steering wheel, like Lexus,...ah cost cutting.
I've done this for the entire 10 months I've owned the car, and now it makes grinding/whining sounds once in a while when the seat is moving into position. Wonder if I've worn out the motor or something.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm an engineer; I don't read no stinkin manuals; unless I waste dozens of hours trying to figure it out on my own and give up.

And after I finally read the manual, I do this...
Old 05-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by 123456SPEED
Exaclty what i've been doing for the past 14 months as well. No problems with the seat so far...
Old 05-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
my driving position is with the seat all the way back.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

My driver seat now rocks backwards everytime I go from stop to go... I should have this looked at next time it is at the dealer...
Old 05-24-2004, 03:11 PM
aka davo-tsx

If you stick your key in the ingnition, it empties a full tank of gas.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Drifting

Have the car fully locked. Unlock it with the key fob, but don't get in. Wait 30 seconds. The car will relock itself.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Auto Up on the driver's side window is nice. It also has a no-pinch feature, so if you stick your fingers in there when the window is going up, it stops, and backs up slightly. I didn't try this myself, until I told one of my neighbors about it, and he tried it. Sure enough, it stops, and he and I both have all of our fingers.
This next one may not fit into your topic, but last weekend, I was at my weekend getaway, and I went to my car, to get a box of tools out of the trunk, to help a friend with his car, that had the oil light coming on, and pulled the keys out of my pocket to open the trunk lid, decided to use the key, instead of the remote, and found that there is no no place to put the key in! There is no key way to open the trunk with the key. I must have looked like a dummy, standing behind the car with key in hand, trying to figure out where to put it. Oh well, after owning the car for over a year, and not needing to use a key to open the trunk, I guess I don't need to. On a similar subject, if you need to open the trunk, there are two ways to open it from inside the trunk, there is one one release handle just inside the trap door between the backseats, and one inside the trunk lid. Apparently the missing key tumbler on the trunk is not uncommon, because I told a neighbor about it, and she told me, that her Buick Rendevous has only one key tumbler, and it it is on the driver's door, it doesn't even have one on the passenger's door.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally posted by SMR Type S
Auto Up on the driver's side window is nice. It also has a no-pinch feature, so if you stick your fingers in there when the window is going up, it stops, and backs up slightly. I didn't try this myself, until I told one of my neighbors about it, and he tried it. Sure enough, it stops, and he and I both have all of our fingers.
This next one may not fit into your topic, but last weekend, I was at my weekend getaway, and I went to my car, to get a box of tools out of the trunk, to help a friend with his car, that had the oil light coming on, and pulled the keys out of my pocket to open the trunk lid, decided to use the key, instead of the remote, and found that there is no no place to put the key in! There is no key way to open the trunk with the key. I must have looked like a dummy, standing behind the car with key in hand, trying to figure out where to put it. Oh well, after owning the car for over a year, and not needing to use a key to open the trunk, I guess I don't need to. On a similar subject, if you need to open the trunk, there are two ways to open it from inside the trunk, there is one one release handle just inside the trap door between the backseats, and one inside the trunk lid. Apparently the missing key tumbler on the trunk is not uncommon, because I told a neighbor about it, and she told me, that her Buick Rendevous has only one key tumbler, and it it is on the driver's door, it doesn't even have one on the passenger's door.
Kinda surprising you didn't notice that for over a year. Im glad it doesnt have a key hole on the trunk. Wouldn't look good at all.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:53 PM
shoulda got a 6 speed

my friend has a new accord 2 dr and he only has one also. it is considered a safety feature because most breakins happen on the passenger side so if there is no lock there then its harder to pick. his insurance co. gives him a breakwith it as well
Old 05-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Beware of leakage

Sunroof visor will slide back when sunroof is slid to fully open position (All 6 inches of it )
Old 08-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Above n Beyond

ok i brought this back cause my buddy in his 04 tl can open all his windows when his car is off. just wondering if the 03's can do that. if so, i have an aftermarket alarm, so will it work with a different key fob?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered Douchebag

you can set up the remote for each driver... so if you open the door with remote Number 1... the car automatically configures the seat to diver 1... what i did was;
have remote #1
adjust #1 seat all the way back
adjust #2 the way i like...

now when i open the door with remote 1, the seat goes all the way back... when i get in i hit the #2 button.

i guess i wanted the luxury that highend cars comewith ie lincon LS seats go all the way back when take the key out... you put the key in the ignition, they reconfigure automatically.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
neat thread too bad almost none of this pertains to 1st gens
Old 08-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Instructor

a really cool feature is that u have to replace the tranny every 25k miles or so
Old 08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered Douchebag

first gens

Quick Reply: little tricks or hidden features for the 03cl