List your CLS problems for the warranty replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Eurotrash

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm at 49400 on my 2001 CL-S, so my warranty will be up in a month...
So far under warranty:
New pads and machined discs per TSB at 32k
New pads and new discs at 46k (They made me pay $55 for pads)
Both side arm rests warped and replaced
Interior auto dimming mirror replaced
New road lamp bulbs per TSB
And of course, "new" tranny and ECU at 49k 2 weeks ago, at which time they let me discover the nut visibly loose on the front engine mount. When the service writer tightened it with his big impact wrench, he stripped the thread, and I had to go back again....
The incompetence and deceitfulness of the dealership is beyond words. Until I shoved the TSB in his face, they didn't know anything about any problems with warped discs and claimed it was a "wear item." Now that he knows I'm an informed owner, he has transformed into a different person and wants me out of there ASAP. But I found them still charging unsuspecting owners for brake jobs for warped discs which should be covered under the TSB. I suspect they could be charging the owner AND Acura for the same warranty work. Why not? It would be exactly what I would expect from those greedy thieves....
Now that the tranny and ECU are replaced, the car feels sluggish and the shifts are slow and soft. I think we should join a class action lawsuit and at least get the price difference between a Type S and regular CL refunded, because that's what the car feels like....
As far as the parcel shelf rattles go, I cured most of mine by stuffing some foam up around the center brake light from underneath. If you keep knocking under the shelf, you can excite the rattles and go after them. I also found the 6x9 speaker basket buzzing against the plastic spacer attached to it, and dampened it with some rope caulk. That helped a lot! Before it sounded like the cone was rattling...
Now the most annoying rattle comes from behind the trim next to the rear seat, right behind my ear!

Tosh
Old 11-05-2003, 11:00 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
03 6-speed, 11k miles.
Nothing yet, the sunroof thing that springs up when open vibrates at high speed, is that the rattle everyone mentions? No other rattles to speak of.
Need to do the recall on the belt tensioner but dealer is not calling me back!
May need rotor work soon, very slight vibration sometimes.
I see the plastic headlight lenses are getting a slight rainbow effect, from the high heat I guess. But mainly no issues much at all.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:09 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 CLP - driver side armrest warp, sunroof noise. That's it.
01 CLS - rubber seal around windshield (it'll be 2x when I go in for my 45K)
Old 11-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLS 6-speed with 15000 miles. My only problems are 1) the trunk lid is off-center in the trunk opening--about 3/8 '' more gap on the right side of the trunk lid and, 2) slight bunching of rubber molding around the windshield--as if it is was adhered without being smoothed out first.

Casual observers don't notice either problem--you have to be looking for it.

I haven't gotten around to making an appointment for getting them fixed because I don't have a dealer near me and will thus have to wait while they fix them (one long round-trip to the dealer instead of two round-trips.)