List Acura Dealers to Avoid

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List Acura Dealers to Avoid

Yeah this thread will be like the wall of shame for dealers that don't take care of us.

List Location then dealer name
Old 06-01-2002, 08:41 PM
D73
Curiosity Killed The CL-S

What abt dealers that we like?

I have to give a +1 to Stevens Creek Acura for taking care of my broken actuator. The service advisor (Robert Paris) was professional, open-minded (even though he didn't know abt the actuator) and gave me a loaner 02 TL. The only thing against him was he refused to give me a loaner NSX.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Instructor

DONT EVER BUY FROM

Paragon Acura
Long Island City (Queens), NY

Service Sucks!

* I went in to get my radio code, and they messed up all my wiring and even broke my panel under the radio. They refused to fix.

* After 18 mo. they have yet to report my Ext. warranty, so I always get hassled and required to bring all my papers in.

* They ALWAYS give the run-around. They love transfer calls to voicemails!. I always have to lose a day of work when I need to talk with them no matter how simple it is.

Funny, it wasnt like that when it was time to take my money.
Save yourself the trouble and get your Acura elsewhere.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:32 PM
8th Gear

DELRAY ACURA - - - - DO NOT EVER do business with:
DELRAY Acura, of Delray Beach, Florida
This dealership out-and-out tried to steal money from me.
My sales person, Scott Thompson, called me at work two days after I picked up my new car. The dealership claimed that they made an error in calculations, and would need an additional $650 to complete title work. They had already signed paper work, received payment in full (as I financed outside the dealership), and claimed that my trade in had already been sold. The sales manager attempted to uphold this scam.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:45 PM

Only one I've had trouble with was Rosental Acura up in Maryland.

I was calling around to local dealerships in the area, to ask, and get faxed in writing something that said that the rotors were covered under warranty up to 50K miles. 3 other dealerships gladly faxed me something.

I spoke with some TOTAL BITCH, who was a service manager over there.

She told me she would send me nothing, and that I need to make an appointment there, THEN they'll tell me if they are gonna replace my rotors or not, like I've defaced them myself.

FUCK them, avoid'em at all costs.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:50 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dymag
DELRAY ACURA - - - - DO NOT EVER do business with:
DELRAY Acura, of Delray Beach, Florida
This dealership out-and-out tried to steal money from me.
My sales person, Scott Thompson, called me at work two days after I picked up my new car. The dealership claimed that they made an error in calculations, and would need an additional $650 to complete title work. They had already signed paper work, received payment in full (as I financed outside the dealership), and claimed that my trade in had already been sold. The sales manager attempted to uphold this scam.
That's an old scam - I'm surprised there are dealerships out there that still pull the 'oh we need to charge you more because of this 'x' required paper work'. They probably just realized that with outside financing they gave you too good of a deal. I hope you stuck it to them!

Hey, for you Philly dudes - I bought my Acura at Ardmore. How's the service there? Any recs for good service in the Philly area?

For you SoCal dudes - I used to service my Integra at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. They're OK (by no means great), but after a while I felt I was getting the ass kicked out of my wallet for routine service on my >100,000 mile ride. I then took it to an independent Honda/Acura service place around the corner on Calvert - Kennedy's. John Kennedy seemed to be an honest guy and his guys maintained my 'teg quite well.
Old 06-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Instructor

if you like service with a smile but nothing else, go to Marin Acura. they'll treat you like a king/queen but wont get nadda done to your car... i have to remind them to fix the rattles in the rear deck lid everytime i go in... 50k is right around the corner and they're loving it...
Old 06-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by TypeSKid
Only one I've had trouble with was Rosental Acura up in Maryland.

I was calling around to local dealerships in the area, to ask, and get faxed in writing something that said that the rotors were covered under warranty up to 50K miles. 3 other dealerships gladly faxed me something.

I spoke with some TOTAL BITCH, who was a service manager over there.

She told me she would send me nothing, and that I need to make an appointment there, THEN they'll tell me if they are gonna replace my rotors or not, like I've defaced them myself.

FUCK them, avoid'em at all costs.
Well I don't know about their service managers, but their salesmen are top-notch and one of their master techs is a friend of mine who does excellent work. I guess if you don't have an inside like that, they might not be a great place to go and will just treat you like any average dealership will treat you. Dunno.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:46 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by JRock

Well I don't know about their service managers, but their salesmen are top-notch and one of their master techs is a friend of mine who does excellent work. I guess if you don't have an inside like that, they might not be a great place to go and will just treat you like any average dealership will treat you. Dunno.
So far, Rosenthal has been pretty good to me. Even when they've "screwed up" they made up for it (loaner car, price reduction, free repairs). I've not gone to any other Acura dealer in the area. I only live 4 blocks from Rosenthal, and find going to them to be very convenient!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:53 PM
Old timer

Wow and all the time I spend in Rockville/Gaithersburg and I've yet to see your car except at meets!

Btw, if you ever want mods installed for a good price, let me know, I'll introduce you to my tech friend.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:02 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by JRock
Wow and all the time I spend in Rockville/Gaithersburg and I've yet to see your car except at meets!

Btw, if you ever want mods installed for a good price, let me know, I'll introduce you to my tech friend.
Thanks! I'll remember that!

The guy that usually works on my car (I don't know his name) AutoXs his Integra.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Old timer

Cool!

I see you have an auto tranny. In case you ever have engine or tranny trouble while you're on the 'bottle' I would suggest getting friendly with the techs because if they're on your side you can probably get things taken care of under warranty that might not otherwise fly. I'm not positive, but I would think that could be true. I don't plan on juicing my ride though, LOL.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Intermediate

The Appletree Acura/Honda in NC has a great service dept. I also know a guy that works there and always helps me with questions about mods. and etc.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:56 AM
Advanced

Sunnyvale Acura - Shady Second Rate Service in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2002, 07:55 AM
D73
Curiosity Killed The CL-S

Originally posted by nsg1000
Sunnyvale Acura - Shady Second Rate Service in my opinion.
What did they do (or NOT do) to earn that rating? A few specifics would be really helpful. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:48 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

Spitzer Acura, Monroeville PA

Spitzer Acura, in Monroeville PA, I give two thumbs down.

The Salespeople there do not know anything about their cars. In fact I showed them a few things or two when I test drove my CL-S.

They were purely interested in making money from me, and that is it. Their management sits high up in their perch in the showroom while they have their regular-joe-shmoe sales staff run back and forth to negotiate prices with a "worksheet" that looks like they printed out back in the 60's.

My family has owned three other Acuras and two Hondas, all of which were bought in Seattle. Every sale that has been made, the sales manager has personally greeted us and made sure we were happy with the sales process.

Even w/ our latest purchase of the 2001 MDX, the dealer was kind enough to send an Acura Poster and a fruit basket all the way from Oregon. I know that is going above and beyond, but I expext no less from a dealership that probably made a decent profit.

There is one thing I like about Spitzer, their service managers are usually very friendly and cooperative.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:19 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Ardmore Acura :thumbsdn:

Terrible service. Attempts to black mail customers to get good reviews on HOA evaluations.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:18 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Radley Acura in Falls Church, Virginia.

Overpricing of services, crappy customer service, ridiculous recordkeeping. They donuts were gobbled up by the staff, WTF???? They wouldn't even wash the car after servicing it, at least my Ford Dealer did that, I say again, a Ford dealer!

The only thing good about it was my grandmother lived a few blocks away, so I could always go have lunch with her or some milk and cookies!

I live in Maryland, so I am trying the new Acura dealership now, Chevy Chase Acura, it's 10 minutes from my house, a little more convenient.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:30 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by Zapata
Ardmore Acura :thumbsdn:

Terrible service. Attempts to black mail customers to get good reviews on HOA evaluations.
Sounds similar to my purchase experience.

Where do you go for service? I live in the Main Line not too far from Ardmore Acura.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Slimey
Sounds similar to my purchase experience.

Where do you go for service? I live in the Main Line not too far from Ardmore Acura.

Well, i work on the Mainline at Villanova. Maybe you, Xenon7 and I can meet up sometime during the week.

West Chester Acura is supposed to be pretty good. I went to Ardmore because i bought my car from them. Mistake. I went 3 times and didn't like the experience so now i make the trek up to Park Ave Acura. It's a hike but i know my car will be ok in their hands. I haven't tried anybody else in the area.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:17 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

CURRY ACURA - WESTCHESTER, NY

They are known to (and have been busted twice) copy keys from cars in service, and hand the keys off to friends... cars were being driven off the lot.. NEW and OLD... now they park cars in front blocking the entrances but the thing is peoples property and car parts are still being stolen!!!! Go Figure!!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Cruisin'

Park Acura, Akron, OH

Park Acura gets a big thumbs down from me. I purchased a certified 97 3.0CL from them in 2001, and went with them over the other dealer (Motorcars Acura) because of a significantly lower price. Turns out that they're incompetent beyond comprehension.

The list of problems with this car goes on for miles.

For starters, a month after I bought the car it needed 4 new tires (I've since had to put on another two and have been told that I should replace them all again just a few weeks ago).

The battery died right after a scheduled maintenance (where they check the battery). They never registered my certified warranty with Acura, and I couldn't get a tow truck through my roadside assistance because of this. I took it in 3 times to have the driver's seat step-through feature fixed (and finally took it to Motorcars who fixed it the first time in one day). The driver's side window wouldn't roll up; they fixed it, and when I got the car back the intermittant wipers, rear window defroster, warning bell, and interior lights didn't work.

And that's just the beginning!

I just yesterday sold the car for an Audi, and my experiences with Park have turned me off to Honda/Acura. Any "luxury" brand that doesn't have even the slightest control over their dealers (as apparently they don't in Park's case) isn't the one for me.

In conclusion, I can heartily recommend that no one ever for any reason shop at Park Acura in Akron, Ohio. I don't know for sure, but it seems like Motorcars Acura is a much better choice.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Instructor

i love this thread... keep 'em coming guys.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:57 PM
Advanced

SUNNYVALE ACURA SUCKS

Sunnyvale Acura -

Service people very nice, however i dont know what they do in the garage.

cases in point:

1. tranny was feeling wierd, brought it in to get it looked at, they claimed they hooked it up to a machine and drove it around and nothing came back. next day in rush hour traffice transmission dies.

2. had condensation in headlights, sunnyvale acura said covered under warranty, I took it to them, then pick it up after they are done. brought it home, noticed that my foglights which were originally polarg m6's were now stock. Asked dealer next day and was told that they accidentally broke them when replacing headlight, so they put in stock ones and didnt tell me.

3. got 6000k lights, they said they would do it for $10 so i said ok. picked it up, and drove it home. That night i turned them on to find out that the left light wasnt aligned and pointed up like a high beam.

took it back and mechanic comes out and laughs and says "CHANGING THESE LIGHTS ARE A BITCH". He then proceded to wiggle the lights around and finnally got it down. took it home and noticed that the right light was kind of bright. I couldnt notice it before cause the left one was blinding me.

SO i take it back again, this time they said they were going to hook it up to a machine and test it. I wondered why the hell they didnt do that right off the bat.

I go to pick it up, and they tell me that the machine said they are fine. However one can clearly tell that the right one is brigther than the other.

SO after all this i am switching to Stevens Creek Acrua.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll never buy from Pauly Acura in Highland Park Illinois.

I posted on ATL.com on the tactics I experienced with them a few years ago, when the '99TL came out.

I had a '93 Vigor (80K miles at the time) I was looking to trade-in. Everyone was selling the TL at sticker, so there was none of the fudging with the numbers with the trade-in. Trade-in on my car at the time was around $8500. Went to Acura of Libertyville (where I bought my Vigor) and they were close ($8200), there was a waiting list so I didn't get serious with them so I don't know if they would have budged further. Went to a few other dealers and they were in the ball park. Even went to Highland Park Lexus (I was cross shopping the ES300) and they were close, complimented me on the condition of my car, and told me that if I was serious about buying that there was probably a little more wiggle room on the trade. Then went to Pauly Acura and the following conversation occured after they looked at my car:

Salesman: Nice car, we'll give you $5,300.
Me: Huh, why is everyone else quoting me around $8K?
Salesman: On what car?
Me: What do you mean? My car.
Salesman: No, what car to purchase?
Me: (Getting pi$$ed now) THE REASON WHY I'M HERE... A TL!
Salesman: There's no way I could give you $8K on a TL purchase. If other dealers are willing to pay for that, I'll sell it to them for $8K.

How pompous and arrogant. I promptly walked out. Why would I do business with them. I vowed to let everyone know their tactics. What they were doing was the same as adding a $3K surcharge to the sticker price, they just did it by low-balling the trade.

They pi$$ed me off so much I figured I'd drive my Vigor a while longer. When I did eventually buy an '01, I didn't even call Pauly, I didn't care if they had the only car in the Chicago area, they wouldn't see my money. I would gladly drive to Wisconsin or Indiana to buy the car. Acura of Libertyville didn't have the car I wanted, Arlington Acura did and came close to selling me the car, but I got a better deal from Woodfield Acura.

As I said before, Acura of Libertyville has always been professional and I have had several friends buy from them and been satisfied. Arlington Acura was courteous and professional, but I simply got a better deal at Woodfield Acura.

Chris (Woodfield Acura Service manager) is awesome.
My $.02
Old 06-05-2002, 08:22 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Avoid Sierra Acura of Alhambra.

Those SOB's high ball you on a price of a car then have the audacity to tell you that mud guards, if taken off your car, will be useless to them. (This AFTER they tell you that they put the mudguards on themselves AFTER they get the car. hmm can't u just put it on the next one). They will try and will insist they can't sell you their car at the high price unless you buy 1200 dollars worth of accessories (which includes a stupid apint package, mudgaurds, wheel locks and a stupid trunk tray). this was MY experience with them. So i yell the shit outta them and went to another dealer.

Someone else posted that when he signed papers for an MDX, he came to pick it up and the sales person said that the owner wanted to give this car to a family member and unless he paid for the accessories, he couldn't be able to get it (this is after 2 months of wait).

AVOID SIEERA ACURA in Alhambra, CA.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I've posted this before.....By all COST...AVOID ACURA OF CONCORD California ! Sales and Service !

I can't begin to tell you about my horrible experiences at this dealership ! AVOID THEM !
Old 06-05-2002, 08:58 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

2 weeks ago, i posted this:

"On Wedneday, my car went in for its 7500 mile service. Everything seemed in good order until I walked around my car today (Friday) and noticed a HUGE gash on my left rear wheel. I know for certain that it wasn't there before, since all 4 of my wheels were in EXCELLENT condition prior to the service, as I make sure never to park even in the vicinity of curbs."

I'm happy to report that Niello Acura's (Sacramento) Service Manager Larry promptly addressed the issue and agreed to replace the wheel with a new one free of charge. They did not hassle me like I feared they would. Two thumbs up
Old 06-05-2002, 10:43 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Park Avenue Acura-Maywood NJ

I went by there on Sunday June 2nd. And couldn't even get near the fawking place. You would think they could get more employees or something. If you can't handle the size of your client base, then maybe it's time to grow, or close up shop.

Pisses me right the fvck off!
Old 06-05-2002, 10:51 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by Rock Dog

I went by there on Sunday June 2nd. And couldn't even get near the fawking place. You would think they could get more employees or something. If you can't handle the size of your client base, then maybe it's time to grow, or close up shop.

Would have helped if you had a car there!!!! :P
Old 06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Pro

I would not recommend Gillman Acura in Houston

Not horrible service BUT not smart either.

I talked to a service advisor at John Eagle & he was great!

That's where I'm headed next time!
Old 06-07-2002, 03:59 AM
Pro

also stay away from brunswick acura in jersey.

these m-fers are the biggest asses when it comes to their service and parts departments. i gave them the easiest sale. the whole deal took like 45 minutes max. then i come back for service and topick up some parts and the whole buddy routine is over. you'd think that they were doing me the biggest favor by replacing a broken switch for the seat heater.

i used to drive all the way up to PAA for their awesome service and parts deptartments but now i moved down to burlington county. so i went to the local dealer (marty sussman acura) to see what kind of aftermarket specials they have. the dude at the service desk was like....uuhhh....uummmmm...we don't do THOSE kinds of things around here. MY BAD!! never saw anyone turn up their nose at aftermarket mods before. he wasn't a total prick about it but at the same time i'm sure there's a nicer way of saying that.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:42 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by Rock Dog

Old 07-08-2002, 07:52 PM
I hate the Mets

Ardmore Acura Terrible

Before purchasing my '01 CL-S at Ardmore Acura they told me that the car needed to be reconditioned a bit and indeed they would have it looking " like new"....Bullshit...Three days later I am back at Ardmore because of overspray--completely mismatched paint on the rear bumper, a non-working groung lamp, and loose moldings around the windows....What the F???

How the hell did they think I wouldn't notice??? I did pick it up later in the afternoon, so it did escape me at first--But Ill be damned...They tried to snow me...

They definitely get a thumbs down on that one...It has now been 8 days nd they still have my car...Im driving a loaner Passat--which kinda blows considering my monthly payments are not that of a year 2000 Passat--but c'mmon--the fron bumper also has to be touched up--How can they do that??

I just wished they didnt lie to me and say the car would be "pristine"

But the one redeeming person there is Judd--very friendly and not an A-Hole like the Acura Sales manager....

ps - they also own west chester Acura in West chester, PA
Old 07-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Was this a used car purchase? I don't understand why your car needed 'reconditioning'.

I had my bumpers repaired after getting rearended and Ardmore's bodyshop did a really nice job for me. The paint matches perfectly. No overspray/bad paint of notice.

I still have not brought my car in for service at Ardmore - Joe, the service manager, is underwhelming. Reluctantly, I may give them a one time chance though at an oil change - they are the closest dealership to me (I live in Lower Merion).
Old 07-08-2002, 08:53 PM
9th Gear

Avoid Paragon Acura! See my previous thread! This is the sleaziest, worst-run Acura dealer I've ever been to. I've been buying Acura's since 1986(when Acura was launched) and I've come to expect nothing less than stellar treatment. This dealer is a disgrace to the Acura name.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:59 PM
I hate the Mets

Ardmore Acura

Yes, this was a used car purchase--the car only had 10,000 mi on it and I got a decent deal--But when I talked to the shop guys they said it was a spot delivery and they had some guy come in and just do a quick paint job in order to get it Acura certified....Now since I took it back and complained hopefully they will actually remove the bumper before trying to paint it--hopefully they wont get anymore paint on the muffler, after that first timem to my surprise--there was!

Grrrrr!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 09:18 PM
Capo di Tutti Capi

Originally posted by acuraboy
also stay away from brunswick acura in jersey.

so i went to the local dealer (marty sussman acura) to see what kind of aftermarket specials they have. the dude at the service desk was like....uuhhh....uummmmm...we don't do THOSE kinds of things around here. MY BAD!! never saw anyone turn up their nose at aftermarket mods before. he wasn't a total prick about it but at the same time i'm sure there's a nicer way of saying that.
Sussman (Maple Shade, NJ) is my dealer. They just cracked my windshield (see previous post) but are making good. Anyway, I saw a sign on their door that they are now selling/installing Comptech parts. Thought you might want to know.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Pro

just went to sussman for the tsb on the rotors. got some attitude for the sways. afte they cut the rotors they had some serious grooves on them and guess what....the brakes still pulsate. i miss PAA
Old 07-09-2002, 12:50 AM
My Avator

tustin acura is terrible.

i was gonna buy my car there. my dad and i negotiated with the sales guy for a day. that night we went to do the final paper work. so we get there and we almost done signing everything, when the sales guy comes up and says they made a mistake and have to add 2 grand to the price we aggred on. my dad and i were pissed. so we just got up and left. the vary next day we went to weir canyon acura, and they gave us the car for the same price we aggred on with tustin acura.

love weir canyon acura

hate tustin acura

Quick Reply: List Acura Dealers to Avoid