Link To List Of All Sevice Bulletins For 2001 Cl

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 08:31 AM
Mr. Lover-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Link To List Of All Sevice Bulletins For 2001 Cl

Thanks to DaveBlK ...my interest to see just what ACURA is keeping Hush-Hush has lead me to this

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/01/01013032.html
Old 05-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Mr. Lover-Lover

SOrry about that...that link was for the TL....
Here is the CL Type-S

link...http://www.alldata.com/TSB/01/01012332.html
Old 05-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Instructor

No surprise on this popup screen at the web site:

"The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls."

Their corporate policy is clearly to never empower the customer with information. The really bad news here is they seem to do the same to their service reps who are kept in the dark.
Old 05-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...vice+Bulletins

from months ago
Old 05-04-2002, 09:44 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NOVAwhiteTypeS
Powa to the Yellow MAN!

New Technical Service Bulletins/NHTSA
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/proble...hTopic=Vehicle

Looks liek the list kinda grew from when I saw last.

Technical Service Bulletins

Make: ACURA Model: 3.2CL Year: 2001

Service Bulletin Number: 00032 Bulletin Sequence Number: 155 Date of Bulletin: 11/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB615579
Component: STRUCTURE:BODY ROOF
Summary:
ON ALL 1999-01 3.2TL, 2001 3.2CL AND 2001 MDX MODEL VEHICLES, THE MOONROOF SEAL SQUEAKS AGAINST THE ROOF WHEN THE GLASS IS CLOSED AND THE SUNSHADE IS OPEN. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 00033 Bulletin Sequence Number: 155 Date of Bulletin: 11/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB615580
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMSASSIVE RESTRAINTS
Summary:
SOME 2000 3.2TL AND 2001 3.2CL MODEL VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT THE SRS LIGHT ON WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE 15-1 (FAULTY OCCUPANT POSITION DETECTION SYSTEM UNIT) STORED. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 01001 Bulletin Sequence Number: 176 Date of Bulletin: 01/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB617703
Component: ENGINE
Summary:
SOME VEHICLES WITHIN CERTAIN VIN RANGES MAY EXHIBIT EXCESSIVE CRANKING TO START THE ENGINE AFTER THE VEHICLE IS DRIVEN AND THEN PARKED (WITH THE ENGINE OFF) FOR ABOUT 15 TO 20 MINUTES. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010101 Bulletin Sequence Number: 176 Date of Bulletin: 01/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB617690
Summary:
TECH LINE SUMMARY REGARDING AIR CLEANER SEVERE CONDITIONS MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010101 Bulletin Sequence Number: 176 Date of Bulletin: 01/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB617694
Component: TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
Summary:
TECH LINE SUMMARY REGARDING THE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM. *TT

NHTSA Item Number: SB617695
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:WINDSHIELD WIPER
Summary:
TECH LINE SUMMARY REGARDING THE INTERMITTENT WIPER FEATURE. *TT

NHTSA Item Number: SB617697
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:ACTIVE SEAT AND SHOULDER BELTS AND BELT ANCHOR
Summary:
INFORMATION ON REPLACING SEAT BELT TENSIONERS AFTER DEPLOYMENT. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 01011 Bulletin Sequence Number: 187 Date of Bulletin: 02/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB618754
Component: ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM:FAN
Summary:
ON SOME VEHICLES, THE RADIATOR FAN AND / OR THE CONDENSER FAN RUNS CONTINUOUSLY; OR, IF THE FAN(S) RAN CONTINUOUSLY WHEN THE ENGINE WAS OFF, THE BATTERY MAY BE DISCHARGED. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 01013 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 03/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619881
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMSASSIVE RESTRAINT:AIR BAG IMPACT SENSOR
Summary:
A CONDITION MAY EXIST WHERE THE SRS INDICATOR IS ON AND DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE 15-3 (FAULTY OPDS SENSOR) IS SET. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 01016 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 09/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626144
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:INSTRUMENT PANEL:GAUGE:INDICATOR
Summary:
SUBJECT PERTAINING TO MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP COMES WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0128 OR P1486. *JB

Service Bulletin Number: 01017 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 10/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626239
Component: BRAKES:HYDRAULICISCADS AND SHOES
Summary:
VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE BRAKE PEDAL PULSE. *JB

Service Bulletin Number: 010200 Bulletin Sequence Number: 187 Date of Bulletin: 02/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB618757
Component: ENGINE COOLING SYSTEMTHER PARTS
Summary:
BRIEF INFORMATION ON TROUBLESHOOTING THE ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE (ECT) SENSOR. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010201 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 02/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619886
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:WINDSHIELD WIPER
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING CURRENT VARIABLE INTERMITTENT WIPERS SPEED SENSITIVE. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010201 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 02/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619888
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:INSTRUMENT PANEL:GAUGE:INDICATOR
Summary:
INFORMATION ON TROUBLESHOOTING DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0138. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010301 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 03/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619896
Component: TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM (TCS) OPERATION. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 010301 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 03/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619900
Component: POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLYTHER PARTS
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE CLUTCH PRESSURE SWITCH. *TT

NHTSA Item Number: SB619906
Component: STEERING
Summary:
INFORMATION ON VEHICLE STABILITY ASSIST ACTIVATING TOO SOON. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 01031 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 09/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626151
Component: LIGHTING:LAMP OR SOCKET:UNSPECIFIED LIGHT
Summary:
VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE BURNED OUT ROAD LAMP BULB. *JB

Service Bulletin Number: 01041 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 10/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626267
Summary:
INFORMATION ON V6 ENGINE OIL LEAKS.*JB

Service Bulletin Number: 01072001 Bulletin Sequence Number: 623 Date of Bulletin: 08/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB623461
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMSASSIVE RESTRAINT:AIR BAG IMPACT SENSOR
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING SRS DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE.*YD 8UC 15-3 SET BY ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE. *YD

Service Bulletin Number: 011000 Bulletin Sequence Number: 187 Date of Bulletin: 10/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB618765
Component: BRAKES:HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Summary:
INFORMATION USING THE CORRECT BRAKE FOR IMMOBI CODE ON VARIOUS MODELS. INFORMATION USING THE CORRECT BRAKE FOR IMMOBI CODE ON VARIOUS MODELS. INFORMATION USING THE CORRECT BRAKE FOR IMMOBI CODE ON VARIOUS MODELS INCLUDING INFORMATION USING THE CORRECT BRAKE FOR IMMOBI CODE ON VARIOUS MODELS INCLUDING *TT 2.3CL. *TT 2.3CL. *TT *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 011000 Bulletin Sequence Number: 187 Date of Bulletin: 10/00

NHTSA Item Number: SB618766
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
Summary:
ON SOME VEHICLES, FAULTY FRONT AND REAR WATER PASSAGE GASKETS AT THE FRONT CYLINDER HEAD CAN CAUSE A COOLANT LEAK NEXT TO THE EGR VALVE. *TT

NHTSA Item Number: SB618768
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING ETM FIX - KEYLESS RECEIVER LOCATION. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 1001 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 10/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626590
Component: POWER TRAIN:TRANSMISSION:UNKNOWN TYPE
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING SPEED SENSOR PLUG MISSING. *YD

Service Bulletin Number: 160301 Bulletin Sequence Number: 198 Date of Bulletin: 03/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB619902
Component: ENGINETHER PARTS
Summary:
INFORMATION ON VEHICLES EXHIBITING DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P1486 AND / OR P0128 THERMOSTAT PERFORMANCE. *TT

Service Bulletin Number: 701 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 07/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626550
Component: VISUAL SYSTEMS:GLASS
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING WITH NAVIGATION SKYSTEM - REAR WINDOW TINT APPLICATION TIPS. *YD

Service Bulletin Number: 901 Bulletin Sequence Number: 626 Date of Bulletin: 09/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB626530
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMSASSIVE RESTRAINT:AIR BAG
Summary:
SUBJECT REGARDING SRS LIGHT ON AFTER OPDS CONTROL UNIT REPLACEMENT. *YD
Old 05-04-2002, 06:42 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by DreamU
No surprise on this popup screen at the web site:

"The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls."

Their corporate policy is clearly to never empower the customer with information. The really bad news here is they seem to do the same to their service reps who are kept in the dark.
You bought a car. A piece of property. You didn't get the keys to the corporate database and all the company secrets.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kensteele

You bought a car. A piece of property. You didn't get the keys to the corporate database and all the company secrets.

What does it say about Honda though when they're one of
the few companies that doesn't allow all the TSB's to be
available to the public ???????????????????????
Old 05-05-2002, 02:15 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/01/02012332.html

whats up with the engine oil leaks on 02' CLS's? I've never seen or heard of such a problem.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:22 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by cnatra

What does it say about Honda though when they're one of
the few companies that doesn't allow all the TSB's to be
available to the public ???????????????????????
They're ahead of the game?
Old 05-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

They're ahead of the game?
cmon Ken..just say something bad about acura..anything....so we won't think you've sold out your objectivity to the people who sign your checks.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by zeroday
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/01/02012332.html

whats up with the engine oil leaks on 02' CLS's? I've never seen or heard of such a problem.
I had a sever engine oil leak at 3000 miles, I had the engine's lower block replaced (engine rebuilt).

No more oil leaks....
Old 05-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Racer

What are the dealers doing about windsield wipers leaving smears and streaks?

01 CLS silver
Comptech:
headers, sways, springs
AEM CAI w/bypass
Tokico shocks
Phillips 6000K bulbs
PIAA 19124s
metallic tint
19" Dronell Type-I's with Toyos
MB Quart RSC216 front components
MB Quart DSD rears
JL 10w3 w/Kenwood 600w amp
Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600w/4 amp
V1 and more...
Old 05-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by CLS-D
What are the dealers doing about windsield wipers leaving smears and streaks?

I took mine in and the parts are on back order. Dealer told me they should be in next week. Take your car in and they will fix you up.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Instructor

Company Secrets?? Hardly, I can order the TSB from NHTSA.

Just which of these TSB's do you think qualifies as a corporate secret?
01-017, replacing the brake pads
01-004, wipers smear windshield
99-051, muffler paint peeling
Old 05-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Old timer

You have problems.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by DreamU

Company Secrets?? Hardly, I can order the TSB from NHTSA.

Just which of these TSB's do you think qualifies as a corporate secret?
01-017, replacing the brake pads
01-004, wipers smear windshield
99-051, muffler paint peeling
That's hardly what I meant.

What I was trying to say is...well never mind, you guys think I work for the Company anyway.

Just because you buy the product doesn't meant you are "entitled" to anything else except for what the US Government entitled you to get. Anything else is gravy. It's what makes the different between a good company and a great company, maybe.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:26 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by JRock

You have problems.
If people were showing up at the dealerships with Internet printed TSBs and demanding replacement parts and/or service for items on their car that are not broken or out-of-order, what would you do? Turn off the TSBs, no?

Try to look at it from the Company's standpoint. It is a well known fact that Acura owners are quite anal and pretty unreasonable as well as savvy and well-informed.

If I were an Acura senior employee and I was browsing this board and I learned that people were getting ahold of the TSBs and encouraging people to get their free "service work" done and I had the option to shut on/off the TSB disclosure, I would call down to the records department and have them restrict the TSB to just the dealerships. Result: Public in the dark about "my" TSBs, dealers still get all the info they need, customer continues to get the quality service when they actually need it, Company saves money from unnecessary work/labour, a few hundred customers get bent out of shape because they can't read all it (TSBs) from home on their computers, the rest of the thousands of customers continue to enjoy lower prices on new vehicles.

I got problems? Somebody tell me I'm wrong.....
Old 05-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Old timer

*90% of Acura owners don't know how to find anything on the Internet let alone TSBs for their car. (Proven because 90% of AcuraCL owners, for example, either haven't found this site yet or aren't interested in their car enough to join in which case they aren't smart enough to know or interested about TSBs either.)

*Enthusiasts will find out about TSBs no matter what is done, because they will know people at the dealer and will get their repairs done anyway. Taking TSBs offline is for one simple reason: less ammo - for anyone trying to write about how Acura might be having quality issues or for anyone trying to sue for a similar reason.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Pro

Originally posted by JRock

Taking TSBs offline is for one simple reason: less ammo - for anyone trying to write about how Acura might be having quality issues or for anyone trying to sue for a similar reason. [/B]

What he said!
Old 05-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Suzuka Master

If people were showing up at the dealerships with Internet printed TSBs and demanding replacement parts and/or service for items on their car that are not broken or out-of-order, what would you do? Turn off the TSBs, no?

Try to look at it from the Company's standpoint. It is a well known fact that Acura owners are quite anal and pretty unreasonable as well as savvy and well-informed.

If I were an Acura senior employee and I was browsing this board and I learned that people were getting ahold of the TSBs and encouraging people to get their free "service work" done and I had the option to shut on/off the TSB disclosure, I would call down to the records department and have them restrict the TSB to just the dealerships. Result: Public in the dark about "my" TSBs, dealers still get all the info they need, customer continues to get the quality service when they actually need it, Company saves money from unnecessary work/labour, a few hundred customers get bent out of shape because they can't read all it (TSBs) from home on their computers, the rest of the thousands of customers continue to enjoy lower prices on new vehicles.

I got problems? Somebody tell me I'm wrong.....

I agree with some points.. Example, if Acura offered a new tranny that was "designed" for a new V8 with 350HP and 330lb-ft of torque, I could see some people "trying" to break their current boxes to get the "Super beefy transmissions."

Ok, now for the flip side:

Members and other folks have had to beg, borrow, or steal the TSB numbers and/or full TSB reproductions to their dealers to get a problem solved. And I'm not talking about shit-talking, immature idiots that made everyone at their dealer want to hide. Various acquaintances and members have had “issues” (that were clearly documented in TSBs available to their dealers) and brought brake (and other TSB listed) issues to their service advisor, service managers, and customer service reps. without satisfactory results. (No one would cop to a “problem” until the TSB was dragged in…)

Finally, your comment about “Acura owners being quite anal and pretty unreasonable…”, is something that I would not expect from you. If you prefaced it with “some Acura owners”, it would then match reality as owners from BMW, Mercedes, and other vendors I’ve known have exhibited this trait without regard to the brand or make of vehicle they owned. I have a few minor rattles and don’t feel like wasting my time and feel that the dealer might just screw more stuff up (so, your statement is now false)…
Old 05-07-2002, 06:22 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by EricL

I have a few minor rattles and don’t feel like wasting my time and feel that the dealer might just screw more stuff up (so, your statement is now false)…
My sunroof squeaks once in a while, there's a screw that perpetually comes loose inside the top compartment of the center console/armrest and rolls around in there, and the passenger seat has "crickets" or whatever you call that weird noise it makes way too much. I don't bother taking my vehicle in for any of those for the same reason - I'd waste my time for things that probably won't get fixed and even if they do, they might just screw something else up.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Instructor

hmm

Lets be honest here KenSteele...Car Dealers/mechanics are not considered to be the most honorable people...and with good reason. I have seen many accounts of dealers on this very board trying to screw people out of work that needs to be done so they can save a buck...I believe most folks here dont have the free time to bring their car into the dealer for work that isnt needed.....Any information that can aid a consumer in getting their car fixed "the right way" is a blessing...think how many people who dont know how to access the information that we can pay 34k for their CL-S and then pay for the brakes that need to be done, the tranny that might need to be done and whatever else because he is an uneducated consumer and the dealer deems them to be a "sucker"....and I am sure they have no guilt in bleeding people like this dry...There ARE good dealers out there...but for the ones who are not...we need to be educated...
Old 05-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Race Director

Re: hmm

Originally posted by DaveBlkCL-S
Lets be honest here KenSteele...Car Dealers/mechanics are not considered to be the most honorable people...and with good reason. I have seen many accounts of dealers on this very board trying to screw people out of work that needs to be done so they can save a buck...I believe most folks here dont have the free time to bring their car into the dealer for work that isnt needed.....Any information that can aid a consumer in getting their car fixed "the right way" is a blessing...think how many people who dont know how to access the information that we can pay 34k for their CL-S and then pay for the brakes that need to be done, the tranny that might need to be done and whatever else because he is an uneducated consumer and the dealer deems them to be a "sucker"....and I am sure they have no guilt in bleeding people like this dry...There ARE good dealers out there...but for the ones who are not...we need to be educated...
So Acura should publish the TSBs to keep their dealerships honest?
Old 05-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro

You know Ken, even though Honda took the plunge first with Acura I don't think there is much disputing the fact that
Toyota has eclipsed Honda (& Nissan/Infiniti) with their
Lexus division.

In fact I think there is quite a bit of conventional
wisdom out there (in the automotive media) that Lexus is close
to setting the benchmark these days for customer service/satisfaction & reliability.
Some may argue that a few of the German marquees offer more prestige or offer the entusiast more driving fun BUT
in the aforementioned categories I think there may only be one or two manufacturers that rank up there with Lexus.

Toyota/Lexus does not fear having public access to their
TSB's etc.

Maybe Honda/Acura should follow one of the market leader's example.

Isn't inspiring confidence in the buyer/owner a higher priority
than dealing with the trivial cost a few bad apples that may try
to take advantage of a given oppurtunity ??

I would think it's more important to win the hearts & minds of the consumer not only on the initial purchase
BUT also to retain that confidence in the product so the customer becomes a repeat buyer.

My perception is Honda/Acura is doing a shit job on handling the
problems with the transaxles in several platforms.
This does not inspire me to buy my wife an MDX or Pilot.
I start thinking maybe I should get the RX300 or Sequoia.

Perception counts for an awful lot in the car business.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Instructor

k

Absolutely. They should do anything they can to raise consumer confidence in their product. If there is nothing to hide than nothing should be hidden. Period.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Race Director

Re: k

Absolutely. They should do anything they can to raise consumer confidence in their product. If there is nothing to hide than nothing should be hidden. Period.
Never disputed that. Yes, let's raise the consumer confidence. Perhaps Acura should provide for a mechanism that keeps customers informed and up to date on customer related issues. But the Acura TSBs may not be the tickets.

Maybe Acura should publish consumer service bulletins that read: "If you are experience transmission problems when accelerating from a lower gear, please bring in your vehicle to have the shifter replaced and the entire transmission assembly inspected."

The TSB would read" "Mechanics, we have been experience catastrophic failure in A-model trannys in serial number 0009-0098. Replace the shifter immediately and inspect the entire assembly paying specially attention to o-ring corrosion. If you see even the slightest corrosion, the tranny is going to fail eventually, please accomodate the customer per regular warranty."

The CSB means something different than the TSB. I want my customers to read CSB and I want my dealerships to read the TSB. Either way, the customer will get the same treatment; considering everything is done correctly and fairly. Please don't bring up the fraud and deception by the dealership because that's the exception and Acura can't actively try to combat that by "arming" the customer and all Companies go thru that and no TSB is going to thrawt such a dealership.

Guys you don't know how I advocate keeping the customer informed, even in my own line of business. I think the customer should be privy to anything and everything to keep them satisfied and operating at peak performance. But I still maintain that there are notes and memos and directions and discussion that must remain Company classified and should not be revealed to the customer. It's just not worth it because a customer is allowed to change their mind/loyalty regardless. You would be a fool to give away the farm to someone who's not bound to loyalty. The car people know this. You can't give 100% to a customer who will be someone else's customer next week. Maybe 75% but certainly not 100%. Companies don't like to talk about this (and it certainly doesn't apply to my Company) but to a certain extent, some customers are expendable.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Race Director

Re: k

Oh, I forgot say, that's not good. Well-written public TSBs directed to the consumer won't keep the maintenance department honest. That's not the point of a TSB.

I can think of 10 other more productive things that will raise consumer confidence that will allow you to forgo the public TSB completely. Apparently it was Acuras decision, too.

Just because they cutoff the TSBs don't mean they are no longer interested in the customer.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Old timer

Re: Re: hmm

Ken, you having some issues this week or something? You're posting a lot of these type of posts lately. Posts that create side arguments that have nothing to do with what the person you're quoting was trying to say or imply.
It's like Acura hired you to post comments defending them in any way possible all over this forum. WTF, over?

Case in point - no one was linking the dealer honesty issue to TSBs until you created some strawman argument combining them and then are easily able to knock it over in your following post. Stop doing that tactic, it's annoying and doesn't win you the overall argument in the thread - whether or not Acura is trying to cover up their TSBs online and if so, why.

All that was said about dealer honesty is that there are some dishonest dealers out there and the more info the consumer has the better to help guard against dishonesty.
The post said nothing about TSBs = honest dealers. That's an extreme stretch of the argument and you are focusing on that because it's something you can successfully counter whereas you (not so) craftily bypass the point they were making to avoid actually having to defend your pro-Acura comments.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:58 PM
Race Director

You are right, I don't know how these things come out of the arguments. I was just answering some of the questions that were asked specifically of me. And I answered with my opinion, not with what Acura pays me to answer with, but they might indeed be the same answer. :P

Anyway I am a bit tired of going on in these two threads. I'm basically arguing with a few people who aren't going to change their minds anyway, so I'll quit for now. Sometimes these posts start to drift into anti-Acura territory, I'm just one to pick up on that and try to steer it back into what others have said, "if this is so bad for you, try to get far, far away from Acura at all costs."

Peace.

Edit: I just recheck the first few posts of this thread. Seems that this thread was specifically started to indicate an Acura cover-up; at least that's the impression that I got. There is no cover-up.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Old timer

There is no cover-up.
And you know this for a fact... how and why?
You say such things with certainty as if you worked for Acura's PR department and know for sure they aren't trying to quietly ensure their quality record isn't tarnished by readily available lists of TSBs.

If I were working in their PR department that is EXACTLY what I'd do - it's nothing sinister, it's just good PR practice.