Legend Caliper Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I ♡ PEK PEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dave586270
I just got them re-torqued yesterday. Drove out to Glenview from my house (almost Gurnee) and did some good highway stopping in traffic on the way back. Now that is how our brakes should feel! Literally night and day difference from the stock ones. I couldn't be happier with this upgrade.
I was just looking at your sig and noticed that for exterior you have down debagged. Did you mean debadged? If that's how it's meant to be then my bad.

EXTERIOR:: Debagged, 20% Tint, Cleared Head Lights, Custom Grille, '03 Tail Swap
INTERIOR:: Full LED Interior Conversion, Kenwood Nav
SUSPENSION & WHEELS:: Tein H-Techs, 19" ASA on 225/40 Kumho's, Slotted & Drilled Rotors, Legend Caliper Upgrade
MOTOR:: CAI, Meagan Headers (soon to install)
Old 07-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
How are the calipers taking the heat away? They apply the force to the pads. The pads cause friction on the rotors = heat. The rotors are getting the brunt of the heat, and having an 11.8" rotor on a 3500lb car is the main reason they warp. The calipers are great, no doubt. But if your still running the stock rotors, you will still warp them over time. Aftermarket rotors may slow down the warpage, but there is still the chance because of the size.

Im not knocking this upgrade as its great for the money. But the rotor still is undersized for the car.
basically the pad is absorbing more heat do to the fact that more of the surface area of the pad is in contact with the rotor, therefore its is distributing heat in an more efficient way, instead of creating a single hot spot in the center of the pad, that is how it works, if you dont understand that then you wont understand physics at all.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:42 AM
2013 Infiniti G37S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calipers look great!
Old 07-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,221 Likes on 4,853 Posts
Originally Posted by OperationDarkie
basically the pad is absorbing more heat do to the fact that more of the surface area of the pad is in contact with the rotor, therefore its is distributing heat in an more efficient way, instead of creating a single hot spot in the center of the pad, that is how it works, if you dont understand that then you wont understand physics at all.
The entire pad is constantly in contact with the rotor, no matter if it is 1 piston, 2 piston, 4 piston, or even 6 piston caliper. Yes, the clamping pressure is on both ends of the pad (just one pad btw, not ideal) with this setup, but the heat is being generated in the same spot on the rotor itself. I said this before, our rotor is the weak spot of the brake system.

And if you're attempting to talk science, please show me some scientific evidence showing that they truely do reduce the amount of heat generated, and Ill gladly eat my own words.

Once again, Im not taking anything away from this setup, it reduces stopping distances so thats good enough.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 07-18-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Chamorro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by n0rmal
I was just looking at your sig and noticed that for exterior you have down debagged. Did you mean debadged? If that's how it's meant to be then my bad.

EXTERIOR:: Debagged, 20% Tint, Cleared Head Lights, Custom Grille, '03 Tail Swap
INTERIOR:: Full LED Interior Conversion, Kenwood Nav
SUSPENSION & WHEELS:: Tein H-Techs, 19" ASA on 225/40 Kumho's, Slotted & Drilled Rotors, Legend Caliper Upgrade
MOTOR:: CAI, Meagan Headers (soon to install)
Haha, good catch. That could have been embarrassing ...could have been.

Originally Posted by Bazla
Calipers look great!
Thanks a lot. It really wasn't a difficult upgrade, little prep work and time for a big difference!