Learned my lesson

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 09:02 PM
God
GOD Of ACURA-CL.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learned my lesson

I saw my life flash before my eyes last nite . My and my car club were heading out to a hang out spot to see what was going on last nite well of course we were all messing around and i was getting on an on ramp it was prob a 35mph turn i was taking it at about 60 or so and stupid ole me stomped on it and my car slid and this was the first time this had happen to me and i over corrected it and by that time my car took a sharp left going on to hwy with on coming traffic and i saw a big ass bus (tour bus) heading right for us me and my friend both shitted in our pants and i got the hell out of the road and the bus swerved to avoid hitting us . I got on the side of the road to see how bad it was b/c my steering wheel was pullin to the right really bad and well my Rh evo c-2 is FOCKED!!!!! my toyo Fz-4 is FOCKED !!!! it was off of the rim and the rim was scrapped the hell up . All i can say is that i'm lucky to be alive and my car isn't totaled . And the black plastic covering underneath the car is also Fucked this hasnt been my week .
Old 10-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Safety Car

Sorry to hear it bro... coulda been worse is all I can say...
Old 10-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are number 2... !!!

Same happened to me.. I blamed the tire place because he let me put 3 Nittos and 1 right/back stock rim/tire (he was replacing a defective rim) I skid while taking leaf ramp (180 degrees to the overpass) I skid at the end while doing 50+ (posted speed is 20!)... I skid side ways (had a pessanger too, he thought he died!!) He oopened his eyes after I hit the side curb head-on.. I screwed up right/front 18" rim/tire. And, I screwed up my steering wheel too.

I have scuff mark on the lower splash guard and the the towing hook is bent 45 degrees to the left (still crooked and not fixed )!

The tire place ordered a new rim and tire and did a 4 wheel alignment. The good thing I did not have suspension damage.

I learned a lesson do not push on risky road or if you know that the traction will suck...

listen, some tires break progressively.. some will lose it like a snap!!

learn from your mistakes and do not do them again!

Next tires are the Yoko ES 100!
Old 10-06-2002, 09:26 PM
God
GOD Of ACURA-CL.COM

yeah i also bent one of the towing hooks just like u my friend said that i was prob going 80 ive done it before where my car would slide a little bit but now like that to the point where i had no control . Thanks for telling me that i feel much better now

also does anyone know where i can order a new black plastic piece underneath my car ?
Old 10-06-2002, 10:09 PM
2ManyMiles

I could not be any happier with my Yoko's. Nashua, I highly recommend them. I've had them a couple weeks, and have really bit into some turns with hard acceleration, and they are worth every penny (which wasn't too many of them, btw). I actually feel safer having replaced the stock tires, which totally sucked.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Goldmember

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to point out the obvious but... you blame the tire place? How about blaming your idiocy?

"while doing 50+ (posted speed is 20!)"

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
You are number 2... !!!

Same happened to me.. I blamed the tire place because he let me put 3 Nittos and 1 right/back stock rim/tire (he was replacing a defective rim) I skid while taking leaf ramp (180 degrees to the overpass) I skid at the end while doing 50+ (posted speed is 20!)... I skid side ways (had a pessanger too, he thought he died!!) He oopened his eyes after I hit the side curb head-on.. I screwed up right/front 18" rim/tire. And, I screwed up my steering wheel too.

I have scuff mark on the lower splash guard and the the towing hook is bent 45 degrees to the left (still crooked and not fixed )!

The tire place ordered a new rim and tire and did a 4 wheel alignment. The good thing I did not have suspension damage.

I learned a lesson do not push on risky road or if you know that the traction will suck...

listen, some tires break progressively.. some will lose it like a snap!!

learn from your mistakes and do not do them again!

Next tires are the Yoko ES 100!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:18 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

God has accidents? Well, I guess that explains the aardvark, the platypus, and jesse helms.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Under the radar

Hmmm

Isn't it amazing what almost doubling the posted speed around a turn will do? Maybe those highly degreed traffic engineers know something we don't?