Koni or Tokico

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 04:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koni or Tokico

I always hear about how great the Koni's are, but do they justify their price difference from Tokico? Anybody wanna brag about their Tokicos? Talking about the adjustables.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:01 AM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Two words for the Koni Yellows:

Lifetime Warranty.

Two more words for the Koni Yellows:

Inifinite Adjustment

Final two more words for the Koni Yellows:

Extremely Expensive.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BNut
Two words for the Koni Yellows:

Lifetime Warranty.

Two more words for the Koni Yellows:

Inifinite Adjustment

Final two more words for the Koni Yellows:

Extremely Expensive.
One word for Tokicos...Cheap
Old 11-28-2001, 01:15 PM
on bin laden

Re: Koni or Tokico

Originally posted by lenjiay
I always hear about how great the Koni's are, but do they justify their price difference from Tokico? Anybody wanna brag about their Tokicos? Talking about the adjustables.

lenjay, got your pm, konis are worth it. i have my both set on the upper perch as far as height goes. if i have time next summer, i may experiment, and put the rear on low, see how much it drops. i'd like it a bit lower, but not as much as the front. i like the front PERFECTLY, even though i'm tagging a lot of little snow piles right now ...
Old 11-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Powered By HONDA

i used koni once.it was adjustable and i really like it.but kind of hard to adjust for the rear shocks.as u will need to move the rear seats out in order to adjust them.but it is really good in performance.really cool or u can try the mugen suspension kit.i would want to get mugen if i want to upgrade my cls.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Thanks Guys
Old 11-28-2001, 02:15 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
one benefit to Tokicos...

if you have Ground Control's... I think you can use the same sleeve as the stock shocks.

Koni's require diff sleeve.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:58 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Re: Re: Koni or Tokico

Originally posted by fbazakos

lenjay, got your pm, konis are worth it. i have my both set on the upper perch as far as height goes. if i have time next summer, i may experiment, and put the rear on low, see how much it drops. i'd like it a bit lower, but not as much as the front. i like the front PERFECTLY, even though i'm tagging a lot of little snow piles right now ...
Pardon the ignorance...I have the Koni's on my CL, but as I had the dealer install them and didn't otherwise specify, I am not familiar with what the perch is and how it may be set up on my car. Is the perch a part of the Koni's itself, or part of the car? Is using the (upper/middle?/lower) perch a way you can adjust the ride height when you have Koni's.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:12 PM
on bin laden

Re: Re: Re: Koni or Tokico

Originally posted by H@mmerm@n

Pardon the ignorance...I have the Koni's on my CL, but as I had the dealer install them and didn't otherwise specify, I am not familiar with what the perch is and how it may be set up on my car. Is the perch a part of the Koni's itself, or part of the car? Is using the (upper/middle?/lower) perch a way you can adjust the ride height when you have Koni's.

they reason you bought koni yellows was (hopefully) for the ride and height adjustability. not to mention the quality synonymous with their name. i'm sure you are familiar with being able to adjust the ride, but you can also adjust the height. the only problem is, it is a *REAL* pain because you have to dissasemble the whole strut/spring and set the koni to another perch. it was recommended that the upper perch be used for CL's, but I wanna try the lower one on the rears, since nobody has tried it.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:36 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Re: Re: Re: Re: Koni or Tokico

Originally posted by fbazakos

they reason you bought koni yellows was (hopefully) for the ride and height adjustability. not to mention the quality synonymous with their name. i'm sure you are familiar with being able to adjust the ride, but you can also adjust the height. the only problem is, it is a *REAL* pain because you have to dissasemble the whole strut/spring and set the koni to another perch. it was recommended that the upper perch be used for CL's, but I wanna try the lower one on the rears, since nobody has tried it.
Thanks for the info, Fotis.

You are correct...other than the lifetime warranty and outstanding reputation, I bought the Koni yellows because I heard they were fully adjustable. I understood this to mean ride height and rebound/damping were adjustable. After I bought them but before I had them installed, I found that only the rebound/damping was easily adjustable at the shock (with the white clicky-thing knob :P) , and I figured that I just misunderstood when I thought they were height adjustable.

Anyhoo, does the upper perch give you the lowest ride height? Who was it that recommended that this perch be used? Is there anyway I can easily tell which perch my car was set at?

Thanks again...