Killed by a GTI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 12:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by M-Diddy
Show me a Type-S, ANY Type-S, that runs a 13.4 off the bottle with ONLY bolt-ons! There isn't.
The 6-Speed hasn't been out too terribly long for people to run them well but IMO, an all motor 13.4 is possible but not probable as the car would need to be stripped down.

However, the recently released Comptech blower could be considered a bolt-on product...
Old 10-31-2002, 12:51 PM
Racer

Originally posted by scalbert
The 6-Speed hasn't been out too terribly long for people to run them well but IMO, an all motor 13.4 is possible but not probable as the car would need to be stripped down.

However, the recently released Comptech blower could be considered a bolt-on product...
according to a thread in car talk... http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=84745 the acceleration should be a 13.56 with the s/c. now this is just speculation with a pretty accurate and reliable program, so its not real proof just a probabliliy. and could be comparable to a modded vdub since both cars will be force fed at that point.

o... and just for the record ive only raced 2 1.8 golf's, 1 jetta, and the bug and never lost to one up to 50+. and im stock except for a filter.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:41 PM
Intermediate

Scalbert:
Ok. In that case, will just call an APR Stage III kit a bolt on as well.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Racer

Ok. In that case, will just call an APR Stage III kit a bolt on as well.
without upgrading to a stage III turbo in your cars, wouldnt adding a S/C to our cars equal the playing ground? ya know since you already have a stock turbo setup and we will have the stock sc?(no boost increase-- i dont mean bought as a stock option on the car)
Old 11-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

VinnyDaHitman:
without upgrading to a stage III turbo in your cars, wouldnt adding a S/C to our cars equal the playing ground? ya know since you already have a stock turbo setup and we will have the stock sc?(no boost increase-- i dont mean bought as a stock option on the car
No. There's this little thing called displacment that gets in the way. Your engines are nearly twice as big as ours. Throw a turbo or SC on a bigger engine, and your naturally going to have alot more power then a smaller one. This actually delves into the old apple vs. oranges debate. Kinda like the VR6 lovers on Whoretex that say, "Well, throw a turbo on a VR and it'll eat any 1.8 on the street." It's not really the question here. Our cars are turbo'd from the factory. We can't help it if God blessed us! Ya feel me???
Old 11-04-2002, 11:48 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by caddyman
The older GTi VR6, 5 spds are slow and most of the drivers cant drive, the new 2002 VR6 200hp, six speed are very gast, as fast an a auto CL/TL-S
so most of teh older GTI drivers can't drive but the new ones can right?

most ppl can't drive in general, what's your point?
Old 11-04-2002, 11:59 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's all this about respecting other ppls cars? who gives a rat's ass... losers don't get respect... just talk shit... all that matters is when it comes to the streets/track... some driver's are better, some aren't... can't judge a whole group of cars on a few races... blah...

I think VWs are POS cars. Just a cheap version of an Audi. If I was gonna get a car to mod the hell out of it I'd proly be getting something else.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by civic4982
I think VWs are POS cars. Just a cheap version of an Audi.
Actually the 1.8t power plant is a nice hand-me-down from Audi. It is very potent and has potential. I just wish that many of the VW posters on this forum would comprehend the true aspects of their vehicles and above all, know what they are talking about when they spout off BS about another vehicle.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:34 AM
Intermediate

Scalbert:
I just wish that many of the VW posters on this forum would comprehend the true aspects of their vehicles and above all, know what they are talking about when they spout off BS about another vehicle.
Funny... We feel the same way! Just substitute "Type-S" for "VW".....
Old 11-05-2002, 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Funny... We feel the same way! Just substitute "Type-S" for "VW".....
I am stating from my perspective only about statements on this forum. You have made false statements about the CL-S which were corrected which is exactly what I was alluding to.

Any responses to my posts should not include references to other forum members posts, they should be only about statements I have made.