kicker s12l7 750watts RMS setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation kicker s12l7 750watts RMS setup

hey im getting a system tell me what you think though. there are alot of questions that are cluttered in my mind, any advice would be appreciated.

heres the setup:

kicker s12l7
kicker zx750.1
box (sealed or ported?)
alpine cda-9856 deck, will this disable navigation voice?
capacitor- will i need a capacitor to run 750watts rms w/o lights or dash lights going dim? and what farad will i need if i do need a capacitor, 1 or 1.2 or 2? or do i need one at all? and which brand do you prefer? tsunami, power acoustik, etc.
amp wiring install kjit, what guage wiring, 4 or 8?
dynamat xtreme trunk kit? do you 01-03 cl owners w/ beat use this? does trunk rattle without it?
did you guys buy the steering wheel control adaptor (pac swi-x) for alpine decks and is it worth the money $60? i heard the volume control is terrible cuz the increments of turning up and turning down the volume take forever, is this true?

do you think the navigation brain will malfunction due to heavy vibrations in the trunk area?

anyfeedback would be great, im new with audio and really want a thumping, reliable system, plz help!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 AM
High Five!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a supervisor of car audio at best buy your set up sounds great and will hit hard! use the ported box it will sound much better and USE DYNAMAT!!!!!!!!! I have 2 Alpine Type R 10s with 2 Alpine mono V12 amps (600 watts RMS each) and my car rattles horribly. its mainly the back deck but u will need some thick weatherstripping to kinda push that deck up and i would suggest taking the speaker grills off and putting some screws to pull the deck down and put the grills back on. as far as the steering wheel controlls i have not been able to find them in my area or seen them but i know i will be getting it no matter what the feedback is cause i dont think i could go without them. i will be getting the wa200 double din screen. as far as a capacitor i am only using 1 full farad rockford fosgate cap and have no problems with any dimming of outside lights or voltage drops an im running 1200 watts RMS. Use the 4 ga wire AT LEAST! Rockford Fosgate makes a good set up as well as Tsunami DO NOT go with Power Acustik! and u will have no problems with your nav system as i have had my system now for about 6 months and havent had any problems with the disc skipping. Good luck on gettn that system an u might want to check out some of the Alpine subs/amps since u r lookn at getting a 9856 which is a great deck.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Audio and Video question should go in the A/V forum. It sounds like bigwillcl has answered most of your questions, but for more opinions go here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/

I'm going to close this thread here, but please repost it in the A/V forum (we can move threads from here to there)...