Just got reckless driving yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough already. I agree with Shawn and a few others who think you should learn your lesson, but being that I feel you have soiled yourself a few times over, I will give you some advice.

Plead no contest or not guilty. Tell them that your life was in danger (usually the semi swerving into your lane is efficient enough). Do this before the trial, so the cop is not there. I have always been told this, and it worked for my boss a month ago. Here is what happened....he was doing 120 in a 55, but the cop only wrote him up for 100 in a 55. He used the "life was in danger" thing, and got off with a $30 ticket. There is no way in hell you are getting off so easy, but it is going to be less than fines/jail time/license suspension.

Regardless, get an attorney.

I believe in Florida, anything 30+ is considered reckless driving and the officer has the right to throw you in jail (thought most don't).
Old 12-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Hmmm

Gator CL-S----Where are your ethics??... So your telling him to go under oath and then LIE!!!.... real smart... Guess what genius, those troppers have cordless micro-phones set up that relay back to the vehicles monitoring system (AKA: Camera)... They can easily admit it right into evidence and throw him right into jail.... Because he would of told the cop right when he got pulled over that he was in danger....

So i don't think your lie will work on this one... but that is a great idea... I got to used that the next time I get pulled over ( only got pulled over 3 times..lol)

Heres my .02 -- Find the DA and talk to him on the side before the court case... You will know what your in for as soon as you have one conversation with the guy... Either he is cool and understanding, or your boned in the ass cuz he is one of those guys who lost a loved one because of an idiot like you... and if that is the case, I am sure the DA (State of Conn.) is gonna make a poster child out of your ass in front of a packed court room of other offenders....

They busted a guy on the PA turnpike in a Firebird doing 137 MPH... The fucker is locked up, no car, no insurance, and community service and fines out of the ass, and no license... I think he pleaded not guilty and claimed he was going 115.... The judge laughed at him and the sheriff carted his ass off..

Word of Wisdom to you speed bois, that think your invinsible.... Guess what.... keep it up, cause Smitty can't wait to get his hands on ya!!!!........piece you back together, bury your ass, get paid and put new parts on my whip..!!!!.... Think about that one...

CT 3.2 I think you lost some major respect for posting this thread... Wise up bud, or you'll soon be dead and buried. I feel for you, but make a change now for the better......

and before you fire back at me, you need to realize that the only reason why any of use jump down your throat about this is because we care and don't want to see the beautiful whip all busted up..LOL.. nah.. j/k.. we care about you... well I think we do... well I do.... anyways... you catch the drift of the story... slow down man..

Smitty
Old 12-09-2002, 08:54 PM
10th Gear

I'm just glad I was not on the road at the same time as you, nor anyone that I loved that you could have reemed into and taken their lives... I've known too many people who lost their lives to drunk idiots like you!

Its good to hear that you are going to be responsible enough to go to court and take your punishment, but you should have thought earlier enough that the state of CT can still take your license away even though this is a criminal trial and being that you have been sent to driver re-training numerous times before... Don't expect a lienient judge b/c they will summons all of your driving records and base what you get on that!

I wish you luck and hope you learned that your car is not just a toy, used incorrectly it can turn into a weapon...
Old 12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Race Director

NO NO NO NO NO

Originally posted by Gator CL-S
Enough already. I agree with Shawn and a few others who think you should learn your lesson, but being that I feel you have soiled yourself a few times over, I will give you some advice.

Plead no contest or not guilty. Tell them that your life was in danger (usually the semi swerving into your lane is efficient enough). Do this before the trial, so the cop is not there. I have always been told this, and it worked for my boss a month ago. Here is what happened....he was doing 120 in a 55, but the cop only wrote him up for 100 in a 55. He used the "life was in danger" thing, and got off with a $30 ticket. There is no way in hell you are getting off so easy, but it is going to be less than fines/jail time/license suspension.

Regardless, get an attorney.

I believe in Florida, anything 30+ is considered reckless driving and the officer has the right to throw you in jail (thought most don't).
You're too young to go into a courtroom and start lying already. In fact you need to do exactly the opposite. Go in and tell exactly nothing but the truth and hope to God there is mercy in this world.

Gator, keep that kind of advice to yourself, I don't care if it does work for you and your friends, don't come on here and tell the kid to lie to the authorities in court to get out of something he did. Can't you see he's worried and might need to do something to get out of trouble. And you give his some idiotic story about a semi-truck swerving that nobody is going to believe?
Old 12-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Intermediate

wow man, i totally feel your pain

ive definitely tried to test my car out a few times by pushing triple digit speeds, but definitely no more of that for me. im only 16, so reckless driving, jail time, or whatever i would get, would royally screw me over for a long time

i know what your going through has gotta suck, but if anything good has come out of it, i know that ive personally learned a lesson and will never try to top my car out again

as for everybody here that says your speeding to much, or you could have killed someone, or blah blah blah. . . why do they have hardwired V1s and an engine full of comptech stuff if they dont speed themselves? i know it may not apply to everyone, but still, everybody has atleast once had the urge to just slam it and go as fast as the car can take it. so dont rail the guy over a mitake that hes obviously learned from

goodluck man, i think your gonna need it
Old 12-10-2002, 02:58 AM
Instructor

http://photos.imageevent.com/shawnsef/miscstuff//09.gif

Old 12-10-2002, 03:00 AM
Instructor

oops. sorry, its nothing personal.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:55 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by riddlerx09
as for everybody here that says your speeding to much, or you could have killed someone, or blah blah blah. . . why do they have hardwired V1s and an engine full of comptech stuff if they dont speed themselves?
Yes, I speed.
But I speed in the 60-90 range…..Not 100+ and NEVER with a passenger while in traffic.

All my Comptech toys were purchased to help me get to 75-80 faster, not to cruise at 140.

Shawn S
Old 12-10-2002, 06:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Shawn S
Yes, I speed.
But I speed in the 60-90 range…..Not 100+ and NEVER with a passenger while in traffic.

All my Comptech toys were purchased to help me get to 75-80 faster, not to cruise at 140.

Shawn S
And just because you've got your car tricked out with performance mods doesn't mean you use them on the street. Quite a few folks like to take their cars to the track, either the drag strip or track days at the local road racing course. It's real easy to be a safe, responsible driver on the street and go like hell at the track.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:26 AM
Instructor

Smitty and KenSteele,

Apparantly you are not aware of what goes on in America's court system. There is usually a plaintiff and the defendent. If nobody was lying under oath, there would be no need for court and trials. I guess if it were up to you two, the world wouldn't lock their doors at night either, because people shouldn't break into houses and steal. What do you expect his lawyer is going to do? Tell him to spread his cheeks as far apart as he can cause the state is going to slam a rocket up his ass the size the empire state building???? No, the lawyer is going to get him off with a lesser fine.

As for video and sound that was recorded at your stop, that is great. I was telling him to make a deal with the judge BEFORE trial, which means before the cop is there. Of course, if CT3.2 was crying like a whiny bitch or cursing up a storm, the cop is likely to remember him. You should always try and be as unmemorable as you can be when you get pulled over.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have been to a few performance driving schools, & I know how to control a car very well. My speeding is confined to straight HW. I do not speed on local streets, & I don't speed when I have a passanger. 100+ is excessive yes. I have only done over 100 a few times. I'm like Shawn, & really only speed in the 60-90 range.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

There's lying under oath and there's omitting information. Lying under oath is also a crime, but there's no law I'm aware of that forces you to tell everything you know and answer questions in explicit detail. Your attorney will likely tell you to only answer the questions asked, use as few words as possible and offer NO information that's not requested. Ever hear of the ol' 5th Amendment? Answer questions about the evidence, don't present more evidence against you. "How fast were you going?" should be answered "According to the ticket, 110", not "I blew past that cop at 140!!!!" and certainly not "Gosh, it couldn't have been more than 70," or "Well, you see I was going 65 like usual but there was this truck that was swerving into my lane, so I accellerated from 65 to 140...er....110 just to get past him, for I feared for my life." That smells like the BS that it is.

The guilty/not guilty plea, I believe, is not under oath. If you're convicted of a crime to which you plead "not guilty," you're not automatically guilty of perjury as well.

I'm sure people do lie under oath, especially for the big crimes, like murder, embezelment, etc. "Did you do it?" "No, of course not," and "That's not my glove"....and on and on. But to blatantly make up a story about a truck for some minor offense, especially considering that the police might have evidence to the contrary, is asking for a world of trouble.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:33 PM
nothing

if you were in VA... esp. fairfax cnty doin 140 you would definately be in jail for a while.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:42 PM
Still trolling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You hit me in my car, with my kids in it, doing 100+ MPH, I can guarantee the cops and court system is the last of your worries. I hope this works out for you. Flooring it from the light and getting up to speed quickly is cool, but taking the car to speeds it can not handle on regular streets is stupid and dangerous.

Keep racing on the track and off the street I drive my 3 and 5 year old daughters on. People like you drive up my insurance, and clog the judicial system from doing what they were intended to do, catch real criminals.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:51 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
140 MPH with a passenger and passing cars on the highway I think you SHOULD go to jail and have the car impounded for 30-days.
And go on HIGH-RISK insurance for 2-years.
Even if I knew some tricks to help you reduce your penalty I wouldn’t help you.
If you get off easy, you’re just going to do it again and eventually kill someone.

Sorry nothing personal, that’s just the way I feel.
Your actions are just plain STUPID

Shawn S

how do you know there were other cars on the road? how do you know the passenger didn't ask him to go that fast? You telling me you've never gone over 110ish in your car?
Old 12-10-2002, 02:55 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
none the less, you gotta take it like a man. You are lucky you didn't get taken to jail. But you are paying the consequences of your actions.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Smitty
Word of Wisdom to you speed bois, that think your invinsible.... Guess what.... keep it up, cause Smitty can't wait to get his hands on ya!!!!........piece you back together, bury your ass, get paid and put new parts on my whip..!!!!.... Think about that one...

funny, but true. Smitty, you definitely have a different perspective on the world from the rest of us.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Bluto
funny, but true. Smitty, you definitely have a different perspective on the world from the rest of us.
LOL.. thanks Bluto, the guys with fat pockets always think differently then the rest of the crowd.... I wish i could post picks of the shit I see day in and day out.. but that is just alittle unethical.... If you guys only knew what it is like pulling glass and sharp plastic out of a 16-23 year olds head that rapped their car around a pole from speeding... You look at them and say "What were you thinking?" "Why?".... All because they thought their ride was fast.... makes me but I just :shakehd:

Smitty

P.S. Don't get me wrong I love my whip, but why beat on it?... Like ChrisBpickering said... what if you hit a kid or cause some soccer mom to swerve off the road and kill her whole family.. All because YOU THINK YOUR A FUCKING HARDASS....WHEN IN REALITY YOUR A FUCKING UNEDUCATED PIECE OF SHIT...THAT DESERVES EVERY FUCKING NIGHTMARE YOU CAN DREAM UP.

p.s.s. I am just a little mad, buried a old high school buddy 2 weeks ago that thought his Cobra was bad ass, needless to say he was drinking, going 80 MPH, took out 4 trees, ejected out of the car, hit by another car and dragged 30 yards down the road till the guy stopped cause he heard something.. Should of seen him... CLOSED CASKET... could not even tell it was a Mustang...
:shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd: :shakehd:
Old 12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

this is what I find funny, smitty and shawn. You guys are telling me you never get on your cars? Esp. w/ all those mods you have? These situation can happen to almost anyone on the board, you can't deny that. Maybe 140 is a little rediculous, but 100 or 110 isn't much different.

there is a time and place for doing stupid shit in your car, and being around other people who can get hurt is not the time to do it. I'll agree with you there.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:00 PM
teh Senior Instigator

when we build these hot rodded cars we build them to use them. And using them involves risk, it's just a matter of how mature you are with those risks.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey Ghander your next.... long arm of law is coming for you and those drugs you got in your avartar and whip....ROFLOL..

You still don't get it do you?... You believe everything you read or hear?... Well guess what, you think your tires are speed rated, but who is to say one of them won;t blow out at 110 MPH... then what?... you gonna say..."those fucking tire manufactures lied to me".."now i am disabled and getting sued for killing that little girl standing 45 yards from the roadway".... or better yet, "i am gonna sue the manufacture".... guess what, they will laugh at you and you won;t have enough money to afford a lawyer when that little girls daddy finishes with your ass... Hows that for an example?

Smitty

P.S. Been there done that... just trying to pass the knowledge onto some of you younger guys...
Old 12-10-2002, 04:12 PM
teh Senior Instigator

smitty, you are reading me all wrong. I agree with what your saying. I'm just saying, this could of happened to almost anyone here. Probally including you. As I said, there is a time and place to do stupid shit in a car, and when people who can get hurt are around it is NOT the time. But then again, i've lost a few close family friends due to accidents on tracks, will it prevent me from having an 8 second car one day? Nope. Auto's are something I love, i'm not gonna let the fear of death get in front of me. Of course i'll keep it to the track though. There are risks in everything people do.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
no, over 100 is technically a reckless driving offense, but the cop somtimes won't give that to you.

one of our Bay area guys was on his way to a meet out in sac, and he got busted for 110 in a 65 or 70. he didn't get reckless driving, he just got a speeding ticket for 110mph.
2 points and $400+ fine......it was about 50 miles from SF...so i said forget it...pay the fine...eat the points...Reckless Driving is a subjective term, so the rule of thumbs are just that...a rule of thumb...not required.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Suzuka Master

tru tru... i could fall down the steps right now and break my neck and die... But I am not reading you wrong.. i am reading what you wrote... unless you meant something else, I have no clue unless you tell me otherwise... but is all good.. i catch your drift now...

But don;t say this could happen to anyone of us... It should not be done in the first place...
Old 12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Banned

You still don't get it do you?... You believe everything you read or hear?... Well guess what, you think your tires are speed rated, but who is to say one of them won;t blow out at 110 MPH... then what?... you gonna say..."those fucking tire manufactures lied to me".."now i am disabled and getting sued for killing that little girl standing 45 yards from the roadway".... or better yet, "i am gonna sue the manufacture".... guess what, they will laugh at you and you won;t have enough money to afford a lawyer when that little girls daddy finishes with your ass... Hows that for an example?

Smitty

P.S. Been there done that... just trying to pass the knowledge onto some of you younger guys...
So, he fucked up...y'all need to leave him be...he'll have to pay a fat fine and get points on his record....wait til something actually happens before you judge him....last i heard that's how America works.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by moomaster_99
So, he fucked up...y'all need to leave him be...he'll have to pay a fat fine and get points on his record....wait til something actually happens before you judge him....last i heard that's how America works.
That was directed towards ghander, not CT 3.2, but he can read it too, he needs bitched at for his stupidty....

What you mean wait till something happens before I judge him??... Wait till he kills someone?... wait till we see if he gets a slap on the wrist?... what you mean by that moomaster?

Smitty
Old 12-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Banned

That was directed towards ghander, not CT 3.2, but he can read it too, he needs bitched at for his stupidty....

What you mean wait till something happens before I judge him??... Wait till he kills someone?... wait till we see if he gets a slap on the wrist?... what you mean by that moomaster?

Smitty
Yeah...let him kill someone...and live with that for the rest of his life....people die everyday from stupidity...or through no fault of their own...when it's your time...it's your time...
Old 12-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Still trolling

Originally posted by ghander
this is what I find funny, smitty and shawn. You guys are telling me you never get on your cars? Esp. w/ all those mods you have? These situation can happen to almost anyone on the board, you can't deny that. Maybe 140 is a little rediculous, but 100 or 110 isn't much different.

there is a time and place for doing stupid shit in your car, and being around other people who can get hurt is not the time to do it. I'll agree with you there.
Going 140 and getting on it are two different things. I "get in it" all the time, from 0-5 to 40-50-60-70 MPH (depending on wher ei ma and what the speed limit is). FLooring it until you are doing 100+ is different.

I am about the aceleration, which is what this car is good at. Top speeding it takes to long anyway from what I hear...
Old 12-10-2002, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,467 Likes on 3,776 Posts
Originally posted by CT3.2
it is my first recklessdriving offence. As long as i dont get my licence tanken away or i dont get trown in jail. A fine and driving school is what i am hoping.

do you think it will go that far as jail?
Dude, I am an atty and I can say one thing-GET AN ATTY NOW b/c you are in some hot shit. I would check your state's dept of motor vehicles site to see what the fines/punishment are. I am certain that is a mandatory loss of license in NYS.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by ghander
this is what I find funny, smitty and shawn. You guys are telling me you never get on your cars? Esp. w/ all those mods you have?
I answered that question way back on the top of page 4.
Look it up.

Shawn S
Old 12-10-2002, 07:17 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Just got reckless driving yesterday.

I was coming back from the bar yesterday. And on my way to drop a friend home i was showing off a little.Anyways i was going 140 and passed by this state cop. When i got to the on ramp he caught up to me and pulled me over. I got a ticket to for reckless driving. Going 110 in a 65. I have to appear in court in one week. Any advice on what i should say or do . Also anyone know what i might me up for as a fine ?
Here in South Florida we have the "Ticket Justice System." You go to this lawyer's office on Yamato Road in Boca, pay them $ 80.00 and hand them your ticket. That's it...no court, no other fine, no points and your insurance company doesn't even know about it. You may want to check into it in your area.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Subie Dubie

Re: Re: Just got reckless driving yesterday.

Originally posted by Pappy
Here in South Florida we have the "Ticket Justice System." You go to this lawyer's office on Yamato Road in Boca, pay them $ 80.00 and hand them your ticket. That's it...no court, no other fine, no points and your insurance company doesn't even know about it. You may want to check into it in your area.
Pappy, that sounds too good to be true, please explain. Are you sure you didn't dream that up after the coconut incident
Old 12-11-2002, 07:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Pappy

I never heard of that. Is that for only palm beach county tickets?
Old 12-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Rod
Drifting

Pappy,

Are you sure these lawyers don't just go to court for you, like the Ticket Clinic does? Or what's the deal with this "Ticket Justice System?"
Old 12-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Masshole

as long as no jail time. i am going to go next monday. I wasn't arrested or anything just given the summons to court. it just says reckless driving 110 in a 65.
Is there any mention of a WPTA at the bottom of the summons (that you no doubt signed)? If so, then, technically, you WERE arrested and released on a Written Promise To Appear (signature).

I was "arrested" for reckless driving in CT back in '90...flyin' down a hill at 75 in a 30...spun through an intersection to avoid a car at a light and wrapped my Firebird around a telephone pole. I was damn lucky no one was seriously hurt. I learned my lesson that day (now, I take it easy in crappy weather, and I try to keep it under 100, for the most part.)

You might want to focus on the fact that you are very lucky that no one was hurt. Pay attention to how you feel right now, and think before you show off again. Take your medicine and learn from your mistakes. Good luck, bro.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Masshole

Forgot to note that I met with the clerk magistrate (??) at my appearance, and after a couple-minute discussion, he knocked it to unreasonable speed, a $92 fine (I think), and admonished me to never show up in his courtroom again. I'm not sure that the fact that my car was destroyed didn't have something to do with it, but who knows. Just be sure you're respectful (as you are, anyway ).
Old 12-11-2002, 02:06 PM
The CL Crazy

it does say wpta on it. So when i go to the court on monday you think that it will be all taken care of that day? Also do you think that i am going to have to get finger printed since i got the wpta at the court? Also no jail time is going to be give you think ? Any info would help. I have to go this monday.
Thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Masshole

I'm not sure if it'll be completed that day, as my case was a little different...a totalled car versus doin' 140 by a cop.

I was NOT fingerprinted, but that does not mean they haven't changed the laws/rules. That said, I doubt you will be.

I'm not well-versed in the laws in CT, but if it's a civil complaint, you might not be looking at jail an' all. However, if it's a criminal infraction, then you might be up for an example-making.

Whatever the case, thank your stars no one was hurt. If you're truly remorseful, it'll show.

In what court are you to appear?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:34 PM
The CL Crazy

i was going 110 in a 65. Its says on it Misdemeanor complaint.
I am going to go to the new court house in New Britain on monday. So no jail and no finger printing you think? Those are my biggest concerns. I guess jail the biggest. This is my first offence for a misdemeanor complaint.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Masshole

New Britain? Were you on the Berlin Tpke?

If it's a misdemeanor, you may just be looking at a hefty fine and suspension. I can't imagine you'd go to jail for a (traffic) misdemeanor, but who knows. Be hopeful that the judge/clerk/magistrate is compassionate. But, most important, be thankful no one was hurt, and learn from your mistake. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Just got reckless driving yesterday.