Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jens? Maybe you can help out?

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001398.html

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 02-15-2001, 12:48 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only thing I can add here GTO is that I am a firm believer in the old saying that "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".I drive a cheap little Civic nothing fancy no ac no power windows no electric this that or the other thing,but you can rest assured that this little shitbox get's it's oil changed every 3500 miles the valves are adjusted etc and so on.Is the service worth it?you better believe it because that little shitbox starts everyday ,and when you commute 140 miles everyday that tends to be important.So I guess the bottom line is this,you spent some serious money on your car to buy don't fool around in maintaining it.If you know how to do the maintenance yourself do it if you don't come and see me i'll do it for you.I see cars all day long rest assured I can see which cars were maintained and which ones were not.The ones that weren't usually are the ones on the back of the flatbed or the ones that when the guy driving it finally breaks down need so much work it isn't worth it anymore.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on

[This message has been edited by Jens Heydel (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 01:03 AM
Advanced

hey jens, did u ever find out about recalibration for the type s. i was the one who got new rims with 225/45/17 and the stock is 215/50/17. since the tire radiusis out of whack, what's ur recommendation?? i also have the navi. does it affect the navi or vsa?? or can i adjust the speedometer to get the car back to specs. thanks..

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/moda r6 w/ 225/45/17 bridgestone re730/more to come..
Old 02-15-2001, 11:55 PM
retired

Hi GSXRACER: no buddy I have not forgotten about you.Here's the deal,what I am waiting for is a car that I have to take the Instrument cluster out on so I can take a peek and see if there is anything that can be done.Unfortuanately there is never a broken TL/CL around when you need one.I can't just go knock a car apart to go on a fact finding mission as this is somewhat time consuming and ofcourse new car sales will have more than just a raised eyebrow if I start ripping into a new car just to take a look.So bear with me you are not forgotten.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 02-16-2001, 12:01 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
Hi GSXRACER: no buddy I have not forgotten about you.Here's the deal,what I am waiting for is a car that I have to take the Instrument cluster out on so I can take a peek and see if there is anything that can be done.Unfortuanately there is never a broken TL/CL around when you need one.I can't just go knock a car apart to go on a fact finding mission as this is somewhat time consuming and ofcourse new car sales will have more than just a raised eyebrow if I start ripping into a new car just to take a look.So bear with me you are not forgotten.Jens
</font>
thanks for replying..another question for u, so do u think having a smaller tire radius would affect my Navi or VSA?? thank you

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/moda r6 w/ 225/45/17 bridgestone re730/more to come..
Old 02-16-2001, 12:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gsxracer:
Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
</font>
thanks for replying..another question for u, so do u think having a smaller tire radius would affect my Navi or VSA?? thank you

I am not sure that I am helping here, but here goes....

The original tires supplied for the car are 215/50x17 MXM4s. The tires wear out when 10/32" of rubber is gone; that is about a 1/3" change in radius or 2/3" (0.667") change in diameter.

I am sure Acura wouldn't like to see their drivers running on bald tires, but one could speculate that they would have to take this into consideration as a minimum diameter/radius.

So... The stock 215s are about 25.4" in diameter. The 225/45ZR17 RE-730s are 24.9" in diameter.

Time for some quick math:
25.4 - 24.9 = 0.5" smaller in diameter. The .5" is still within the 0.667" wear limit of the stock tires.

Here is the link to the RE-730 page with the sizes/specs/diameter of a 225/45ZR17:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...=Potenza+RE730

Note: I am not forgetting that the 225s will wear down below the OEM design limits. I'm just tossing in some additional info.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ NAVI
  • Mud Guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
  • Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
  • Zaino magic
Old 02-16-2001, 12:29 AM
retired

GSXRACER,I cannot say with absolute certainty that these systems will not be affected by a change in rolling diameter but I seriously doubt it.The nav ecu simply calculates road speed bu looking at the VSS output (vehicle speed sensor) it compares this against input from the yaw sensor and ofcourse the satellite input and constantly corrects what you see on the screen.If your indicated road speed is a tad high or low it simply corrects for it.The VSA looks at throttle angle sensor yaw rate sensor etc and wheel speed sensors and it too correct as it goes.I have to believe that the engineers who cooked these things up accounted for variations in rolling diameter since just a change in tire pressure changes rolling diameter.if Michelin decides to stop making the tires on your car and substitutes a slightly different size this too must accounted for, so like I said I would not be too concerned.The only important thing is to make sure all the tires are the same size.If you run different size tires front to rear then you may upset things but other than that no worries.Jens

------------------