I've Been To Rick Case Acura

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 01:42 PM
TRELOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've Been To Rick Case Acura

All u guys been talking about Rick Case and that they are boreing out the CLS to 4.1, 3.8, or what ever. Well here's the facts, its 3.5. I went to them yesterday and asked them what they are doing to CLS. Well they will do just about everything; headers, intake, exhaust, you name it. But be ready to pay a MFin BIG price. Shit I asked him how much to bore and port and polish my heads, shit u DON'T even want to know how much they were askin.
Let me get this right I have to pay for the port and polish and the bore job. Then I have to pay you (the mechanic) to simply drive the car to another CNC shop to have the job done, pay your manager for services for kissing my ass and keeping office seats warm. All just to keep my warranty. I really don't think so. You factor the price for the warranty (2.5 in my case) and the price for the job and LABOR, and all ur left with is decisions. Mabey I'll get the grinding work done just so I don't void the warranty. But the turbos I'll have my uncle Nicko install. Then if anything does break, I then have the car towed to my uncle have all the factory parts put back on and then have it sent to the dealer.
So to all the DIYS'ers get the big shit that u can't hide or replace but a shop that warranty's that their work won't void ur Acura factory warranty.

P.S. Rick Case is a FKin rip-off!!!
Old 08-24-2001, 02:53 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

I wish your paragraph was coherent enough so I could unserstand wtf you are trying to say.

BTW, all of us knew it was 3.5, no one ever said 4.1 or 3.8.

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: HellaWhat ]
Old 08-24-2001, 02:58 PM
Retired Post Whore

I agree with HeLLa, I can't comprehend on your fragmented paragraph.
Old 08-24-2001, 02:58 PM
Racer

Dude, relax and try to explain it so we can comprehend. And i think we do wana know the price...alot of people are very interested in the 3.5 upgrade and would pay tons for it.
Old 08-24-2001, 03:07 PM
Race Director

That is the FUNNIEST parapgraph I have ever read!!!!!

Mwahhaha, i'm still laughing!!!!!!

hahahaha

Its weirrd cause it makes you think about the new 299 thing, and your so anxiuos to see if this guy knows anything, and he writes it like that!! hahaha, its too funny to mee.
Old 08-24-2001, 03:20 PM
Rod
Drifting

Everyone knows that they have a 3.5L upgrade, but they have also been working on other upgrades, such as the 4.1L and twin-turbo upgrades, which may not ever be released. They do lots of R&D since everything they do is covered by their warranty.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

It is a big rip off though...
Old 08-24-2001, 04:08 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

quiet newbie....

Old 08-24-2001, 04:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

eh... quit yer bitchin'. Welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism. GET OVER IT! :p
Old 08-24-2001, 04:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A rip off in my book is when a company misleads you. I don't think Doug misled anyone about the upgrade in fact they have been up front here but you would not know that unless you did some SEARCHING. You know what your getting when you pay for it and if you did not read or understand the gains your an idiot for allowing the work to be done to your car. So, your blaming your utter lack or intelligence and forethought on Rick Case Acura .
Old 08-24-2001, 04:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>A rip off in my book is when a company misleads you. I don't think Doug misled anyone about the upgrade in fact they have been up front here but you would not know that unless you did some SEARCHING. You know what your getting when you pay for it and if you did not read or understand the gains your an idiot for allowing the work to be done to your car. So, your blaming your utter lack or intelligence and forethought on Rick Case Acura .</STRONG>
No buddy he's sayign they charge too much for the 3.5L upgrade and maybe for their cars too...I don't know i've never been there. But maybe they have to charge so much because of all the time put into R&D. Also they're the only dealership that does it so they can charge as much as they want...sort of like Comptech.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by KCPreki11:
<STRONG>

No buddy he's sayign they charge too much for the 3.5L upgrade and maybe for their cars too...I don't know i've never been there. But maybe they have to charge so much because of all the time put into R&D. Also they're the only dealership that does it so they can charge as much as they want...sort of like Comptech.</STRONG>
Soo, if you have the money you get it done if you don't then leave. They are the ONLY shop in the USA doing ANYTHING except Comptech. Charge whatever you want in my book. If people want it bad enough they'll pay for it. Think how specific that R&D is and the apportioned manpower to make it happen. The price sounds right to me......
Old 08-24-2001, 04:23 PM
magnet

Originally posted by Juker008:
<STRONG>All u guys been talking about Rick Case and that they are boreing out the CLS to 4.1, 3.8, or what ever. Well here's the facts, its 3.5. I went to them yesterday and asked them what they are doing to CLS. Well they will do just about everything; headers, intake, exhaust, you name it. But be ready to pay a MFin BIG price. Shit I asked him how much to bore and port and polish my heads, shit u DON'T even want to know how much they were askin.
Let me get this right I have to pay for the port and polish and the bore job. Then I have to pay you (the mechanic) to simply drive the car to another CNC shop to have the job done, pay your manager for services for kissing my ass and keeping office seats warm. All just to keep my warranty. I really don't think so. You factor the price for the warranty (2.5 in my case) and the price for the job and LABOR, and all ur left with is decisions. Mabey I'll get the grinding work done just so I don't void the warranty. But the turbos I'll have my uncle Nicko install. Then if anything does break, I then have the car towed to my uncle have all the factory parts put back on and then have it sent to the dealer.
So to all the DIYS'ers get the big shit that u can't hide or replace but a shop that warranty's that their work won't void ur Acura factory warranty.

P.S. Rick Case is a FKin rip-off!!! </STRONG>
wtf are you trying to say evryone knows it 3.5 i was the first and only person on this forum that has it
Old 08-24-2001, 04:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>

Soo, if you have the money you get it done if you don't then leave. They are the ONLY shop in the USA doing ANYTHING except Comptech. Charge whatever you want in my book. If people want it bad enough they'll pay for it. Think how specific that R&D is and the apportioned manpower to make it happen. The price sounds right to me......</STRONG>
Sometimes the price just gets a little too ridiculous for anyone to pay it(except maybe Bill Gates) BTW how many 3.5L upgrades do you think have been done?
Old 08-24-2001, 04:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

We all have internet access, but the real world doesn't operate like priceline.com. Aftermarket modifications aren't essential to daily life... they're not price gouging on plywood 6 hours before a hurricane strike... they're selling car upgrades.

Yes the 3.5L upgrade is expensive, but it involves some fairly expensive parts and is TIME CONSUMING. Yeah, you're paying the dealer labor rate... we all hate that. But in the end you have a DEALER to report problems to.. not Uncle Bill who may or may not be out fishing the day your car leaves you stranded on the Turnpike.

You've got to pay to play. And some of you REALLY need to grow the hell up.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Juker008:
<STRONG>All u guys been talking about Rick Case and that they are boreing out the CLS to 4.1, 3.8, or what ever. Well here's the facts, its 3.5. I went to them yesterday and asked them what they are doing to CLS. Well they will do just about everything; headers, intake, exhaust, you name it. But be ready to pay a MFin BIG price. Shit I asked him how much to bore and port and polish my heads, shit u DON'T even want to know how much they were askin.

P.S. Rick Case is a FKin rip-off!!! </STRONG>

Comment1:

It is an option -- would you prefer MORE or less options.

Comment2:

As with all endeavors in life -- one can move from "do it all yourself" to having someone "do everything for you, including wiping your ass". That is one of the nice things about "OPTIONS"...

If you want to buy your own dealership, buy a tow truck, a machine shop, ad-museum, go for it.

Comment3:

This is going to sound a bit harsh, but if you look through the past notes you can see that SSMAN even provided the information and Acura parts for getting an MDX 3.5L short block.

Oh boy...
Old 08-24-2001, 04:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by RAdams:
<STRONG>We all have internet access, but the real world doesn't operate like priceline.com. Aftermarket modifications aren't essential to daily life... they're not price gouging on plywood 6 hours before a hurricane strike... they're selling car upgrades.

Yes the 3.5L upgrade is expensive, but it involves some fairly expensive parts and is TIME CONSUMING. Yeah, you're paying the dealer labor rate... we all hate that. But in the end you have a DEALER to report problems to.. not Uncle Bill who may or may not be out fishing the day your car leaves you stranded on the Turnpike.

You've got to pay to play. And some of you REALLY need to grow the hell up.</STRONG>

Why haven't you gotten the 3.5L upgrade?
Old 08-24-2001, 04:35 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any idea about how much HP/torque that the 4.1L TT setup would put out?
Old 08-24-2001, 04:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by KCPreki11:
<STRONG>
Why haven't you gotten the 3.5L upgrade?</STRONG>
I don't have a couple thousand dollars to throw at my car. But I'm not whining about it, either.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:47 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by Zapata:
<STRONG>any idea about how much HP/torque that the 4.1L TT setup would put out?</STRONG>
More than enough to kill your tranny.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:48 PM
KISS MY

Originally posted by mchtypeS:
<STRONG>
wtf are you trying to say evryone knows it 3.5 i was the first and only person on this forum that has it</STRONG>

you had it now it has been chopped.. LOL