its time to bring back picture posting!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its time to bring back picture posting!!!!!!

let me start by saying respectfully that i, as well as everyone else who regularly uses this site appreciate the site, its format, its valuable information, etc. we also appreciate the financial investment put forth by the owners and the time they invest in this site as well.

but i think its safe to say beyond a shadow of a doubt that this "no picture" thing is more of an annoyance and hinderance than anything.....the GREAT majority of people dont have accounts set up with picture hosting sites so whenever someone wants to post pictures of something cool, something for sale, something resourceful, etc, its a battle to find someone who they can email the pics to and then they have to host them on their site. its such a pain in the ass. i think everyone can agree. to those of you that have picture hosting capabilities, thats great, more power to you guys, and you guys have been helpful to those who have pics that need to be hosted. but its such an annoyance, i cant even begin to guess how many threads ive seen where someone has something exciting to share, or something cool for sale and its a battle to find somewhere or someone to host the pics....

is this ban of attachments really saving THAT much bandwidth?? i mean i understand sometimes in the ramblings forum it got out of hand, but if anything, this picture "ban" is bringing down the amount of useful and informative content here on the site. i myself can say that ive had a few instances where i would have loved to share photos (for example the OBX header install) but i dont have picture hosting capabilites and i jsut didnt feel like hassling around with trying to find someone else here to host them for me.

in any case, i think that its time to re-evaluate this ban on pictures, i think on a certain level, it is degrading our site and doing more harm than good.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:39 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
voila.

you can now post 1mb or up to 640x640.

ya cheap bastards!!!

why dont ya help us pay for it and paypal donations@acura-cl.com please and thanks
Old 10-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
LOL
pay up sucka!