Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 08:16 PM
That's hot...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior lights

I'm getting PIAA's for my driving lights, but i think I'm gonna do a complete overhaul like AztecRol, because I can't swallow paying more for shipping then the bulbs...

So I was wondering...how hard is it to repalce the interior lights? Can I do it myself without ever having done anything like this before?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:51 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Interior lights

Originally posted by anj2
I'm getting PIAA's for my driving lights, but i think I'm gonna do a complete overhaul like AztecRol, because I can't swallow paying more for shipping then the bulbs...

So I was wondering...how hard is it to repalce the interior lights? Can I do it myself without ever having done anything like this before?
It's soooooo easy, I won't even respond!!!!

OH, wait, too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't really need any tools!!! If you have a small flat blade, this will help take the plastic covers off of the map lights. Dome light will pop off with your hand. Door lights, you will need the screwdriver. BE CAREFULL with the screwdriver, your a using metal against plastic!!! The plastic will scratch, bend very easily!!!

The trunk I think I took out with my hand as well, maybe used the flatblade. The license plate light, you will need a small phillips head screwdriver. Two screws to take off the plastic cover. If you change this bulb, make sure you note which way the plastic cover is on!!!! It is different from front to back. Lets more light forward toward the plate, then backwards toward the street!!!
It will take you 10 - 15 minutes to do all the bulbs I just mentioned!!!!

MAKE SURE YOU WEAR LATEX GLOVES!!!!! You can't touch the PIAA's with your bare hands!!! If you have any other questions, PM me, or ask them here!!!

Scooter should be posting his 2 cents soon!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 02:41 AM
Safety Car

c'mon Scooter... chugga chugga chugga... toot toot
Old 07-11-2002, 02:50 AM
- daemonichris -

i love how aztec is always so excited in every post he makes
Old 07-11-2002, 02:57 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by Chris
That's how rolie is in person
Old 07-11-2002, 03:00 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by Chris
Old 07-11-2002, 03:01 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by HellaWhat

That's how rolie is in person

Old 07-11-2002, 07:27 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by AztecRol

hmmmm, sometimes i wonder about u

just the other day, i found 2 electrical shorts, 1 for my high beams, and 1 for my trunk light...i was like wtf!! i thought i was a victim of cheap, faulty bulbs...found out i was wrong when i 1, opened the hood, examined to find nothing wrong with the high beam bulb, and slammed the hood shut (the high beam just turned back on), and 2, i took the 19172 physically out of its trunk socket, examined, repositioned (still not on), slammed the trunk, and reopened the trunk...taadaa

still check every day and no reoccurrences...YET
Old 07-11-2002, 07:29 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by nate'sCLS
c'mon Scooter... chugga chugga chugga... toot toot

would u like to suck on my zipple???
Old 07-11-2002, 08:35 AM
That's hot...

Thanks alot for the help...

I remember reading something about the housing for the license plate lights melting on another thread...has that happened to any of you?

and how does the license plae light look?

By the way, I got 19224's and 19225's for now...they should be here by Monday ...

I know Scooter posted something about how to replace the reverse lights...

ok, let's attack the reverse first:
1. the black knobs on the inner wall of the trunk right behind the light housings are really screws to hold the lining secure...so unscrew them and pull the lining away
2. the reverse lights should b the easiest bulb to get access to, so b careful when removing the light

Is that all I need to know...do you have any other tips?

Thanks a ton
Old 07-11-2002, 08:59 AM
'Cooter

I remember reading something about the housing for the license plate lights melting on another thread...has that happened to any of you?

By the way, I got 19224's and 19225's for now...they should be here by Monday ...

I know Scooter posted something about how to replace the reverse lights...

Thanks a ton
no housing melting with me just yet for the license plate...the ROAD LAMP housings show signs of melting, but it's not bad

don't have pics of license plate light, but it looks great against the blue on my plate!!

as far as reverse bulb instructions, it's very basic and easy once u do it...after yer done, u'll realize how easy it really is no other tips are necessary
Old 07-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Scooter

no housing melting with me just yet for the license plate...the ROAD LAMP housings show signs of melting, but it's not bad

don't have pics of license plate light, but it looks great against the blue on my plate!!

as far as reverse bulb instructions, it's very basic and easy once u do it...after yer done, u'll realize how easy it really is no other tips are necessary
I've recently done the reverse lights and the license plate light and I was worried I would mess it up (not very mechanically inclined) so I posted the same questions you have. The only thing I can add to the above posts is for the reverse lights. I unplugged the wire first and then turned the "thing" holding the buld, almost like I was unscrewing it, which released it and it came right out. Wore the latex gloves, popped out the old buld, popped in the new one and reinstalled, took all of 5 mins to do both the reverse lights and license plate. I know I'm using some technical terms here huh :P But I really like the way they look. Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:13 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Thanks a ton

First, you are very WELCOME, that's why we are here!!!

Second, her in Cali, we have white plates, so the bluish tint that the bulb produces looks TITS on my car, especially since I have Aegean Blue Pearl!!!!! Makes the white plate have a little blue tint to it at night!!!

Third, next time you order bulbs, get the 3 sets of 19172's and one set of the 19223's. You will have an extra 223 because you only need one for the dome light. Keep it as a spare, or do what I did, I put it in my Civic!!!