Interesting discovery at Saturn Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discovery at Saturn Dealership

Last night i went up to the local Saturn dealership to visit a good freind of mine who is a mechanic there (he is also the guy that does all of my scheduled maintainance and modification work on my CL-S) but he was busy when my girlfreind and i got there so we went onto the showroom floor just for shits and giggles to look at some of their new cars. I was completely floored when i noticed something on the brochure for their SC2 coupe. Saturn offers engine mods from the dealer!!!!!!! for an extra few bucks, you can get a cold air intake, cat back high flow exhaust, strut tower brace, lowering springs, etc!!! they even have a TURBO kit available for those cars, all coming with a factory warrenty, etc. now obviously, someone with a real intrest in modding a car for speed and handling probably wouldnt want to do it with a Saturn coupe BUT that is just really really cool that they are supporting and ENCOURAGING the aftermarket moding world like that on their cars. Why the hell doesnt Honda/Acura follow suit and actually get behind all the MANY MANY enthusiasts (much like us) that want to mod our cars AND have fun with them AND have a warrenty still in effect.....i think its pretty sad that a car company whose cars are constantly being modded cant even come up with some packages like this, its just money waiting to be made on the part of the auto manufacturer....Acura and Honda could make a killing and take COUNTLESS sales from brands like AEM, Comptech, etc....they could offer these modifications as part of your car purchase, they could be financed along with the car (come on, you guys know that most of us would have gotten a supercharger factory installed if it could be warrentied by Acura AND financed into our car loan, that would be awesome) we could also negotiate for the mods as well (ok johnny car dealer, ill give you 28,700 for this shiny CL-S but i want you to throw on the headers for free!!) im not a saturn fan and i would never drive/own one but man, i gotta give Saturn PROPS for offering these types of enhancements, talk about a car company that trys to build a customer base and targets our type of audience, hell the fucking CL-S is still marketed toward middle-agers and baby boomers!!! whats with that????
Old 09-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
HEHHEHEHHE I got my SC2 Coupe into the 18's yesterday
Old 09-05-2002, 08:50 AM
Banned

hahaha, i know, they arent fast, with or without all those mods, but the fact that the actually OFFER that type of thing from the dealer, is just awesome
Old 09-05-2002, 09:11 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
My sister has a SC2. Maybe I could get her some headers for Christmas. :P
Old 09-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Drifting

You're right; the CL is marketed towards us older people. Get a life! We did..
Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
werd............... you are comparing Saturn to acura???

Seems you are really unhappy with your acura so one of two things.......shutup and accept you have a substandard car or just sell your car and by something that makes you happy.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Banned

uhh, first of all, zapata, fuck off....second of all, this has nothing to do with my happiness with my CL-S, this also is not some kind of comparison of acura to saturn as any dipshit knows there IS no comparison between the 2....this is, however, simply having to do with the topic of auto manufacturers supporting aftermarket modification....the bottom line of my post is that it seems odd that a brand of car like Saturn would be so heavily supporting the aftermarket and supporting and encouraging modding of their cars, while acura and honda blatantly discourage the practice in spite of the fact that many many many people use a honda or acura as a platform to mod. dude, get your panties out of a bind, youre way to confrontational lately, christ.....
Old 09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Interesting discovery at Saturn Dealership

the f...ing CL-S is still marketed toward middle-agers and baby boomers!!! whats with that???? [/B][/QUOTE]

Wait a minute here, what's wrong with that.... some of us started modding cars 25 years ago; why can't we have a car that's every day fun to,,, We get tired of our minivans and I'm sure that's exactly what honda was hoping. They didn't figure a lot of youth would have the $ 30+; that's why they make the RSX $18+. And when my kids turn 16 (pretty soon) they can have the minivan...
Old 09-05-2002, 09:39 AM
I hate the Mets

You guys argue like women...It like watching a soup opera " As Acura-Cl Turns"
Old 09-05-2002, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by mc222@aol.com
Would you call it Vegetable or Minestrone?
Old 09-05-2002, 10:02 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by jimcol711
uhh, first of all, zapata, fuck off....second of all, this has nothing to do with my happiness with my CL-S, this also is not some kind of comparison of acura to saturn as any dipshit knows there IS no comparison between the 2....this is, however, simply having to do with the topic of auto manufacturers supporting aftermarket modification....the bottom line of my post is that it seems odd that a brand of car like Saturn would be so heavily supporting the aftermarket and supporting and encouraging modding of their cars, while acura and honda blatantly discourage the practice in spite of the fact that many many many people use a honda or acura as a platform to mod. dude, get your panties out of a bind, youre way to confrontational lately, christ.....
No first stop complaining.

Confrontational? No just annoyed that you bitch every other day about what our cars lack. I think you've established your opinion. If you were just suprised about the dealership offereing aftermarket support then you could've limited your post but you didn't you had to knock Honda/Acura.....which may i add was alittle undeserved.

It has everything to do with your happiness with your car. You have some sorta of complex about your Acura because every single post you make about another car always includes some sort of rant about Honda/Acura.

We have comptech. Although a tad expensive, they provide MASSIVE aftermarket support for our cars. I don't know what you are complaining about. So it's not from the dealership.

Blatantly discourage? Where and when did this happen?
There are dealerships like offer comptech accessories.....aside from PAA. Acura will also be offering a performance package for the RSX through the dealerships. Honda is starting to come around. Take it easy man..............
Old 09-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 09-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by mc222@aol.com
Old 09-05-2002, 11:02 AM
Smack My B*tch Up

is'nt the Saturn SUV getting the same engine as the MDX ? Made by Honda
Old 09-05-2002, 11:04 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
My Acura dealer is aftermarket friendly. Sure they charge a lot for installation, but they'll install and warranty all Comptech parts. Who cares if the parts are made by Honda or by Comptech? As long as the dealer warranties them, everything's good.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Samer007
is'nt the Saturn SUV getting the same engine as the MDX ? Made by Honda
Yup
Old 09-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Smack My B*tch Up

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...m_engines_dc_1
Old 09-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
OK all... let's play nice.

BTW... I remember reading something that said that Mugen may be coming to America and offered to consumers through dealers. It seems that they are waiting to see if Nissan does this with Nismo. IMO, they'd be smarter to do it first.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Not AtlCl98 or Atl-CL

By the way, when I was looking for integras , silly me, the Acura dealer offered to install/warranty/finance Koni shocks and Comptech springs. Some dealers do offer comptech stuff.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Zapata
werd............... you are comparing Saturn to acura???

Seems you are really unhappy with your acura so one of two things.......shutup and accept you have a substandard car or just sell your car and by something that makes you happy.
OMG you need to chill man. We CAN talk about other cars here can't we?
Old 09-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scrib
My sister has a SC2. Maybe I could get her some headers for Christmas. :P

all im saying is you left the door way to wide open on this one....................but i will be nice and not say anything
Old 09-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Interesting discovery at Saturn Dealership

Last night i went up to the local Saturn dealership to visit a good freind of mine who is a mechanic there (he is also the guy that does all of my scheduled maintainance and modification work on my CL-S) but he was busy when my girlfreind and i got there so we went onto the showroom floor just for shits and giggles to look at some of their new cars. I was completely floored when i noticed something on the brochure for their SC2 coupe. Saturn offers engine mods from the dealer!!!!!!! for an extra few bucks, you can get a cold air intake, cat back high flow exhaust, strut tower brace, lowering springs, etc!!! they even have a TURBO kit available for those cars, all coming with a factory warrenty, etc. now obviously, someone with a real intrest in modding a car for speed and handling probably wouldnt want to do it with a Saturn coupe BUT that is just really really cool that they are supporting and ENCOURAGING the aftermarket moding world like that on their cars. Why the hell doesnt Honda/Acura follow suit and actually get behind all the MANY MANY enthusiasts (much like us) that want to mod our cars AND have fun with them AND have a warrenty still in effect.....i think its pretty sad that a car company whose cars are constantly being modded cant even come up with some packages like this, its just money waiting to be made on the part of the auto manufacturer....Acura and Honda could make a killing and take COUNTLESS sales from brands like AEM, Comptech, etc....they could offer these modifications as part of your car purchase, they could be financed along with the car (come on, you guys know that most of us would have gotten a supercharger factory installed if it could be warrentied by Acura AND financed into our car loan, that would be awesome) we could also negotiate for the mods as well (ok johnny car dealer, ill give you 28,700 for this shiny CL-S but i want you to throw on the headers for free!!) im not a saturn fan and i would never drive/own one but man, i gotta give Saturn PROPS for offering these types of enhancements, talk about a car company that trys to build a customer base and targets our type of audience, hell the fucking CL-S is still marketed toward middle-agers and baby boomers!!! whats with that????
I'm pretty sure I just read in the new "Motor Trend" this month that Acura is starting a mod' department for the RSX. Maybe others in the line as well. Yeah, I'm a fucken baby boomer, too.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
ron tonkin acura has a display case w/ aem cai's, bulbs, shift nobs, rice taillights etc.

beaverton honda has a whole room dedicated to aftermarket equipment.

so i would say it varies from dealer to dealer.

btw, if you buy the car already fully modded it takes all the fun out of it, imo.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by eclipse23
OMG you need to chill man. We CAN talk about other cars here can't we?
I love my car but i find it interesting when ppl post things up about other cars too..... Hence the forum "CAR TALK", besides there's only so much we can talk about in here about our CL's, but what happens when a nOOb comes in and asks a common question..... alot of ppl (you're known to do this too Zapata) tell'em to SEARCH..... Granted it's a very useful tool, but if ppl get all uptight over a discussion on Saturn vs. Honda/Acura and tell noobs to do a search all the F'n time then this forum would die out immediatly(?)...... just my dos centabos.....

peace, love, and axel grease brothas:P
Old 09-06-2002, 01:54 AM
Suzuka Master

It all depends on how mod-friendly the dealerships are.
Usually the Comptech Distributors list is a good indicator of which is mod-friendly.
http://www.comptechusa.com/distributors.html
Old 09-06-2002, 02:48 AM
Under the radar

Pappy is right. Check the VERY latest Motor Trend. Acura is now supporting a performance upgrade group. I posted a thread about this earlier. Remember how conservative Honda/Acura is with the American market, they are SLOW to do stuff like this. Right now they offer a $4800 performance upgrade package for the RSX then eventually ALL models will be covered. I can't wait to see the MDX all tricked out with lowering springs and a wing.