installing polarg m6

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing polarg m6

i have the 19169's in my road lamps. i just bought the m6's to replace the turn signal bulbs. are the m6's the right bulbs to use? does any1 know how to remove the turn signal bulbs?

------------------
silver cl-s, no navi, dropped on eibach pro-kits
Old 04-18-2001, 10:27 PM
Adult Supervision

M6's are wedges and the turn signals are not. replace the 169's with the M6 and put the 169 somewhere in the array of wedge bulbs inside the car.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 04-18-2001, 10:28 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sLvRcLS:
i have the 19169's in my road lamps. i just bought the m6's to replace the turn signal bulbs. are the m6's the right bulbs to use? does any1 know how to remove the turn signal bulbs?

</font>

Well, heh heh heh, ya they will fit on the lower light, go ahead and try them out for us . I got a pair for the lower light but I am afraid to put them in because they may get to hot. Let us know how it goes. Oh ya, pull back the plastic in the fender wheel and stick your arm up in there. That's how I got to them.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Denso Spark Plugs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI
Old 04-18-2001, 10:31 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:

Well, heh heh heh, ya they will fit on the lower light, go ahead and try them out for us . I got a pair for the lower light but I am afraid to put them in because they may get to hot. Let us know how it goes. Oh ya, pull back the plastic in the fender wheel and stick your arm up in there. That's how I got to them.

</font>
Toker,

I put mine in and they are great. With daylight savings the amount of time I have the lights on is minimal (remember old guy who goes to bed early) so I have no worries - and the lense got sandblasted this winter anyways so it might as well get ruined from the inside too.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 04-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Toker,

I put mine in and they are great. With daylight savings the amount of time I have the lights on is minimal (remember old guy who goes to bed early) so I have no worries - and the lense got sandblasted this winter anyways so it might as well get ruined from the inside too.

</font>
Are you sure we are talking about the same light? I am not talking about the road lamps. I am talking about the lower turn signal light.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:57 PM
Suzuka Master

the easiest way to install them , if you don't want to get under the car is to take the road lamp housing out. you can unscrew it by using a phillps screw driver and loosening it. I think shawn posted a pic in the helm. also the housing Will not get hot. if you look at the road lamphousing it has a hole to let air out and air in, and I had mine since last year and no problem. no heating or melting.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:03 AM
Race Director

Who here can honestly say it's in the 90s (degrees) at night when you mostly have your headlights on? Not most of us....

I've used my M6s for a few weeks and no burns.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-19-2001, 12:04 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Who here can honestly say it's in the 90s (degrees) at night when you mostly have your headlights on? Not most of us....

I've used my M6s for a few weeks and no burns.

</font>
Ok so is no one READING MY POST!!!!
Old 04-19-2001, 12:18 AM
Adult Supervision

Isn't there only one turn signal and it is yellow and it is not a wedge?

------------------
Old 04-19-2001, 12:21 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Isn't there only one turn signal and it is yellow and it is not a wedge?

</font>
Well I cleared my lights.

Old 04-19-2001, 12:30 AM
nItIn

Well I cleared my lights.

</font>
lol ... ok I'm gonna try replacing my turn signals using some M12's this weekend. I know Elite Type S did it, and if anybody else has done it .. any pics/instructions? I have no idea how I'm gonna get to them.

ps - the M12's are the twist on not the wedgy's .

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light

Coming soon: '02 TL-S Burlwood Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter
Old 04-19-2001, 12:33 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nabster:
lol ... ok I'm gonna try replacing my turn signals using some M12's this weekend. I know Elite Type S did it, and if anybody else has done it .. any pics/instructions? I have no idea how I'm gonna get to them.

ps - the M12's are the twist on not the wedgy's .

</font>

I used Polarg Visual white but they are to blue I need to find something else.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:36 AM
nItIn

I used Polarg Visual white but they are to blue I need to find something else.
</font>
How'd you get to them? I can see the blueness being a factor especially since ur headlights are cleared. I dunno if its even worth changing those lights since I havent cleared mine out .. dunno if I'll even be able to tell the difference

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light

Coming soon: '02 TL-S Burlwood Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter
Old 04-19-2001, 12:38 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nabster:
How'd you get to them? I can see the blueness being a factor especially since ur headlights are cleared. I dunno if its even worth changing those lights since I havent cleared mine out .. dunno if I'll even be able to tell the difference

</font>
Just stick your arm up the in the wheel well, you will have to push in the plastic to get behind the fender area.

Old 04-19-2001, 03:06 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Webtoker,
I changed my "high beams" to Solaris ultra white per your recommendation. I still see yellow color ! I will drive around tomorrow evening and check them further, but what I see is not much difference from the OEM and now, a fresh new pair of PIAA super white bulbs at 84.00 dollars sitting on my desk !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-19-2001, 05:51 AM
Elite Member

nabster - to change your upper turn signal(m12), just pop the clips/plug out from under the front tire wells with a flathead screwdriver...there should be three plugs in the tirewell...then run your hand through the opening along the inside of the bumper till u feel the top bulb socket....twist it to unscrew it from the housing and pull it out...theres enough wire that you can pull it out into the tirewell and change it...trust me you'll be able to tell the difference between the bulbs...

webtoker - i was thinking about putting the the m6s in the lower(cleared) turn signal as well...i think it would look too big and would be too close to the plastic...couldnt try it though because i broke both m6s in the road lamps after i took the bumper off...i couldnt get the bulb itself out through the opening for the life of me...they ended up shattering...u have that problem? also...the bumper was a bitch to put back on...and still isnt on right...going try again this weekend to correct it

------------------
CL TYPE S - Silver
Spoiler, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Comptech Sways, AEM CAI
Polarg M6(road lamps), M12(turns), M13(reverse), M4(map and door), M16(dome)
Cleared Headlights(M4)
Old 04-20-2001, 06:13 PM
2nd Gear

so let me get this straight... the m6's will not fit for the upper turn signal? but they will fit for the road lamps? do they match the hid's better than the 19169's? which bulb should i use for the upper turn signal?

------------------
2001 satin silver cl-S
eibach pro-kit
19169 roadlamps
Old 04-20-2001, 06:16 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ELITE TYPE S:
nabster - to change your upper turn signal(m12), just pop the clips/plug out from under the front tire wells with a flathead screwdriver...there should be three plugs in the tirewell...then run your hand through the opening along the inside of the bumper till u feel the top bulb socket....twist it to unscrew it from the housing and pull it out...theres enough wire that you can pull it out into the tirewell and change it...trust me you'll be able to tell the difference between the bulbs...

webtoker - i was thinking about putting the the m6s in the lower(cleared) turn signal as well...i think it would look too big and would be too close to the plastic...couldnt try it though because i broke both m6s in the road lamps after i took the bumper off...i couldnt get the bulb itself out through the opening for the life of me...they ended up shattering...u have that problem? also...the bumper was a bitch to put back on...and still isnt on right...going try again this weekend to correct it

</font>
How do the M4s look for the turn signals?

Old 04-20-2001, 06:22 PM
Rod
Drifting

I'm going to order the PIAA 19228 bulbs for the turning signals.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony

Stock, for now at least.
Old 04-20-2001, 09:09 PM
Race Director

Ok so is no one READING MY POST!!!!</font>
Ooppss! Sorry.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-21-2001, 12:53 AM
Elite Member

How do the M4s look for the turn signals?
</font>
overall looks sweet...they are not brighter than the m6 as u know but they seem whiter than my turns...Rod let me know how those Piaa's turn out...might have to pick those up know

------------------
CL TYPE S - Silver
Spoiler, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Comptech Sways, AEM CAI
Polarg M6(road lamps), M12(turns), M13(reverse), M4(map and door), M16(dome)
Cleared Headlights(M4)