Installing Accord fogs! New install pics page 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 AM
sIx SpEeD

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Installing Accord fogs! New install pics page 2

Hey guys, I just picked me up some 03-05 fogs for the accord. One problem, I need to find some info on how to wire them to my corner lenses or whatever is easiest. I searched all over the site and cant find any decent DIY with pictures. I read somewhere that the 03 cl's had the foglight option taken out (along with the wires and things in the dash etc.), so the only way to hook up fogs is to cut into the low beams or corner lenses...? I'd rather cut into the corners than the low beams though. Any tips and info would be appreciated!!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 AM
666 Speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, the second gen CL NEVER had foglights. not even in 01-02. Roadlamps they were called.
Second, There was NEVER any wiring for any kind of "fog" lights in the interior on the the second gen, even in 01-02 where the roadlamps were in the bumper.
Third, at least in PA, its illegal to have your fog lights on at the same time as your high beams. So you will have to make a way to get them to turn off when the highs turn on. This might not me a law in VA but I dont know.
Fourth, if you wire them into the lows or parking lights, you will have to use a relay. If you dont, many fuses will be burnt.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
just run a switch man
Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 AM
sIx SpEeD

Here are some pictures of the fogs and its harnesses, if anyone can point out what i can splice etc...

Here is the switch to turn the fogs on and off, along with 4 other plugs that goes somehwhere... None of those 4 plugs goes into the BROWN plug that sits in the engine bay(3rd pic, brown plug). On the diagram, it says one of those 4 plugs should go into the brown plug... and it doesnt? I could be wrong?

Here are 2 relays and some other plug and 3 wires... I think this goes somewhere in my engine bay.. lol

This diagram is all i got... Cant really make much out of it...
Old 06-19-2008, 12:58 AM
sIx SpEeD

Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 AM
666 Speed

I would think that the brown would go under the hood in the accord to the car's wiring and then the one where the switch is would be the other side of the wiring inside the car.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:16 AM
sIx SpEeD

Originally Posted by artbran
I would think that the brown would go under the hood in the accord to the car's wiring and then the one where the switch is would be the other side of the wiring inside the car.
Thats what im thinking also.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:23 AM
sIx SpEeD

"I also got lazy and didn't wire them to a switch maybe someday I will but for now they are just spliced into my driving light wires. IMO it was a great mod and really helps with lighting. " WHTGHOST

I would rather just splice into my parking lights than to deal with a switch... Also, what would be the power source if i was to splice into my parking lights? Battery? I just dont know which wires go together... As you can see I know nothing about electric stuff...
Old 06-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
what did u have to mod to get them to fit?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 AM
sIx SpEeD

I havent dremeled my bumper yet, thats probably tommorow night or friday...
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 AM
666 Speed

Umm.. you want to cut your bumper?
Why not cut the fogs?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
do you have a better pics of the instructions? i can't make anything out to help you.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Since it's for the accord it's setup for those wires. Your going to need to cut or not use some of those wires. The normal setup is....
Red wires go to the battery
black goes to a ground
White gets spliced into a switched 12V source, like the drivers side corner light.
If you do just that they will only turn on with your parking lights & no switch will be needed.
However if you want the switch then you will need figure out what wires are what. Post a clearer pic of the wiring diagram
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just dremel the fogs to make them fit into the vent hole
Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
sIx SpEeD

Yea, i dont think i will be using the switch... So does that mean i wont need that harness on picture 2 with the switch? People are saying i need a relay or i will be blowing fuses.

I will be cutting my fogs and the bumper, or whatever looks better. I was thinking cutting none of the foglights, and cut my bumper. Iono we'll see
Old 06-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Burning Brakes

it's alway safer to run relay with its own fuse to avoid electrical problems. running relays isolates the the fog lights and will save you time if you needed to troubleshoot.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
sIx SpEeD

Heres a clearer pic of the diagram
Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
thank god my brothers are electricians, they can do this work for me
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
sIx SpEeD

Ok, so tommorow morning, i will attempt to wire the fogs to my corner lenses. A friend and I will try to plug the A,B,C wires to the corners without running the switch.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
id say trash the stock wiring kit and run your own.. its much easier
Old 06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
sIx SpEeD

so, Me and my friend FAILED... He said he wired up his angel eyes on his bmw to his corner lenses and it worked just fine, so we tried it and it didnt work. Blahh
Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

i can't make anything out from the diagram and it's hard for to tofigure it out without being there. like ljmushock said do your own wiring. here's a diagram i drew up. good luck.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by badeh2
so, Me and my friend FAILED... He said he wired up his angel eyes on his bmw to his corner lenses and it worked just fine, so we tried it and it didnt work. Blahh
How did you try to do this? If you attempted to literally run wire(s) directly from the corner lens to the fog lights it certainly would be teh fail. The corner lenses aren't receiving enough power from the fuse box to run all of that.

The point of a relay is - When you turn on your corner lenses, a switch flips in the relay telling it to draw power from your battery and supply it to the fog lights.

I'm not sure what you tried to do, but it sure sounds like there was an attempt to run 2 fog lights in addition to the corner lenses off of what is probably a 10 or 15 amp fuse.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Running the wiring for a set of fog lights is terribly easy, and you can do so without using a relay.

Install a switch in your car... the switch will need a ground and a power wire... ground it on something like a bolt touch the metal somewhere under your dash....

For the power wire, find a wire that is only active when the key is in the start position. (Basically you will not be able to leave your fog lights on while your car is off and prevent draining your battery).... just splice the power wire into an already existing wire...

Now wire up the fogs, again ground and power is all you need.

You will want to install an in line fuse on the switch in case the system overloads.

Basically this is the simplest setup, allows you to have complete control of when your fogs come on and when they go off.. you can have them on with the headlights, on with just the running lights, or on by themselves alone. You can do this because the fogs are being run on a completely different circuit, and with no relay are not controlled by the use of the headlights.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ljmushock
Running the wiring for a set of fog lights is terribly easy, and you can do so without using a relay.

Install a switch in your car... the switch will need a ground and a power wire... ground it on something like a bolt touch the metal somewhere under your dash....

For the power wire, find a wire that is only active when the key is in the start position. (Basically you will not be able to leave your fog lights on while your car is off and prevent draining your battery).... just splice the power wire into an already existing wire...

Now wire up the fogs, again ground and power is all you need.

You will want to install an in line fuse on the switch in case the system overloads.

Basically this is the simplest setup, allows you to have complete control of when your fogs come on and when they go off.. you can have them on with the headlights, on with just the running lights, or on by themselves alone. You can do this because the fogs are being run on a completely different circuit, and with no relay are not controlled by the use of the headlights.

That will work only as long as whatever wire it is that you tap into, can handle the increased resistance that will come with the addition of the fogs.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PureSound15
That will work only as long as whatever wire it is that you tap into, can handle the increased resistance that will come with the addition of the fogs.
just tap frm the acessory wire frm the ignition(itz got plenty enuff juice) run ur in line fuse and use wires that are rated to carry the load.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Burning Brakes

i just did this install and messed with the wiring. i hooked it up to a 2nd gen tl fog lt. switch to make it look factory, but any switch will do. on the wire harness with the relays there is two red wire and a white wire. connect the two red to 12+ with a fuse and disregard the white wire. just tape it with electrical tape. in the brown plug with two wire, the green wire is the trigger wire. hook that up to your desired switch/corner light/head light. basically, it needs to see 12+ to activate the relay that turns the lights on.

if using the switch:
grey-ground
purple-parking lights
red-12+
blue/white-ignition
blue-connect to green trigger wire from relay.

the blue and blue/white wire may be switched. sorry i can't remeber. good luck
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
^ hmmm i wasnt going to do this at first but i may not that i see people are pulling it off...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 AM
手牌的 CL-S

03-05 Accord Fog Lights (finished product)

Well I'm the guy that's low on funds and not doing stuff to my car.. and my friend who's too lazy to post on the forums but always has enough energy to pester me every other hour about his CL (I have the right to say this because he's one of my best friends lol) and some money to burn, he finally suckered me into installing the 03-05 accord fogs into the CL.. (so his car becomes my project, since he's the one with $$ to spend..)

Some of you local San Diegans will recognize this car.

word of advice.. if you guys can get your hands on a 98-02 accord headlight wire harness, it might make life a little easier.

As far as fitment goes? THEY DONT. Having them sit in front of the bumper, with "some gap that won't be notice from afar" falls under my zero tolerance policy. so we tried to do this right... or at least looking right.

this does in fact require a lot of duramix or other sorts of epoxy and trimming of the bumper and a mindset that the owner's never switching back to roadlamps.

as for wiring the fog lights directly to the road lamp wiring? that's a big NONO... The of lights use 55w bulbs, which is 11x more than that of the road lamps.. be prepared to melt something here and blow some fuses.

The wiring was done by another friend who was an expert at wiring. He modified the 03-05 wiring kit to work with the 02 CL and the fog lights can be switch on or off at any time, as long as the car is on (it shuts off when the engine shuts off). Since our cars are the same generation as 98-02 accord, we used the 98-02 accord fog light switch.

the 03-05 wiring length and where it taps to the fuse box is significantly different.
so after 4-5 hours of cutting and soldering and running wires. Basically if you look under the hood of the car, the wiring for the fogs seem nonexistant.

I'm sorry this can't be more of a write up thread, as we had a lot of professional help/custom work done on it to make it right. Basically you need someone that is good with wiring and relays, and someone that knows how to work with molding/epoxy/fiberglass compounds.

Oh yea.. I painted the grille too. .

This is the finished product (clear lens, yellow bulbs):

I am not attempting any of this on my car. lol.. (my car's the silver one, and by no means a guinea pig :P )
Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ah, did you forget the pics?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 AM
手牌的 CL-S

http://www.handa-accessories.com/acc...drfoglight.pdf the full 03-05 accord fog light diagram.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Burning Brakes

nice work! I like how you decided to put them behind the bumper, no one else has done that. good work!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
手牌的 CL-S

It's a cleaner fit that way.. Less gaps, and you can keep the outline of the original cutout.

Off topic:
Mods: I don't know what happened, but did someone move my thread into this thread? Now it looks like im threadjacking someone else. So just wondering..
Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
It was merged. No need for 2 threads on the same fog light mod.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
B A N N E D

Go see a dr. Because your sick LOL.........
Originally Posted by Grant8311
Well I'm the guy that's low on funds and not doing stuff to my car.. and my friend who's too lazy to post on the forums but always has enough energy to pester me every other hour about his CL (I have the right to say this because he's one of my best friends lol) and some money to burn, he finally suckered me into installing the 03-05 accord fogs into the CL.. (so his car becomes my project, since he's the one with $$ to spend..)

Some of you local San Diegans will recognize this car.

word of advice.. if you guys can get your hands on a 98-02 accord headlight wire harness, it might make life a little easier.

As far as fitment goes? THEY DONT. Having them sit in front of the bumper, with "some gap that won't be notice from afar" falls under my zero tolerance policy. so we tried to do this right... or at least looking right.

this does in fact require a lot of duramix or other sorts of epoxy and trimming of the bumper and a mindset that the owner's never switching back to roadlamps.

as for wiring the fog lights directly to the road lamp wiring? that's a big NONO... The of lights use 55w bulbs, which is 11x more than that of the road lamps.. be prepared to melt something here and blow some fuses.

The wiring was done by another friend who was an expert at wiring. He modified the 03-05 wiring kit to work with the 02 CL and the fog lights can be switch on or off at any time, as long as the car is on (it shuts off when the engine shuts off). Since our cars are the same generation as 98-02 accord, we used the 98-02 accord fog light switch.

the 03-05 wiring length and where it taps to the fuse box is significantly different.
so after 4-5 hours of cutting and soldering and running wires. Basically if you look under the hood of the car, the wiring for the fogs seem nonexistant.

I'm sorry this can't be more of a write up thread, as we had a lot of professional help/custom work done on it to make it right. Basically you need someone that is good with wiring and relays, and someone that knows how to work with molding/epoxy/fiberglass compounds.

Oh yea.. I painted the grille too. .

This is the finished product (clear lens, yellow bulbs):

I am not attempting any of this on my car. lol.. (my car's the silver one, and by no means a guinea pig :P )
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I will still say that it makes the foglights look like they are cross-eyed!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
手牌的 CL-S

with the 03-05 mod. they will always appear that way...it's the shape of the accord bumper itself
Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Nice work....I'm bout to get it done this weekend hopefully!!!!! Ill post pics...oh what if I can't get the 98-01 accord fog light switch? Can't I jus plus em into my regular headlight beam switch?
Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 AM
手牌的 CL-S

Originally Posted by chrisbrito09876
Nice work....I'm bout to get it done this weekend hopefully!!!!! Ill post pics...oh what if I can't get the 98-01 accord fog light switch? Can't I jus plus em into my regular headlight beam switch?
Yes you, can. basically turning on the headlights would trigger the fog lights. Our guy just made it so you can switch the fog lights on or off anytime the driver chooses.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so anyone have a diagram for HID fogs

Quick Reply: Installing Accord fogs! New install pics page 2