Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Is fast or not

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

I took my car today into Oakland Acura for Routin Oil Change. And manager told me there is a new bulletin regarding to our front seats back that have potential to get loose. Therefore, he would install reinforce brackets under warranty. They are always great for my service I wonder anyone else on this board also use them? In addition, I asked them if they can install custom shock and lower for me without any warranty hassel. He said he could do it for $850 (Comptech with installation). How is the price? Please Comment.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Pro

whats the $850 include? u said "custom shock"? if its CT springs and konis and labor, $850 is decent. if its just CT springs and labor, then we know someone who can do your install for a bill and u save urself $450+. if warranty is an issue and u need it done by the dealership, cant help you there...
Old 06-11-2002, 01:54 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm...that's a new one. I'll have to ask my service manager the next time I see him.

Also, the price for just the Comptech Spring install is way too over priced. The springs are ~$300 so you're looking at $550 for install...way too much. I would encourage trying to do it yourself. It's really not that hard, but just time consuming (four wheels). If you don't want to go that route, I suggest an aftermarket shop that's reputable in your area. Should be around $150-$200 tops for install.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
tell him to come down.

Tell him to come down at least to $650 and you will be doing good. Springs $350, Install plus alignment $300 at most
Old 06-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Is fast or not

The bulletin is for 2001 CL, and I did not get detail, I just ask for comptech shock and install
Old 06-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Banned

Re: Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

Originally posted by Silver TypeS
I took my car today into Oakland Acura for Routin Oil Change. And manager told me there is a new bulletin regarding to our front seats back that have potential to get loose. Therefore, he would install reinforce brackets under warranty. They are always great for my service I wonder anyone else on this board also use them? In addition, I asked them if they can install custom shock and lower for me without any warranty hassel. He said he could do it for $850 (Comptech with installation). How is the price? Please Comment.
My 01 CLS is going in this coming Thursday for the front brake rotors. My front passenger seat back is suffering from exactly what you mentioned. Do you have a TSB number for that seat back problem? If I knew before this Thursday that would be nice! Thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Back to Four Doors

I took my car today into Oakland Acura for Routin Oil Change. And manager told me there is a new bulletin regarding to our front seats back that have potential to get loose. Therefore, he would install reinforce brackets under warranty. They are always great for my service I wonder anyone else on this board also use them? Please Comment.
I bought my car from Oakland Acura in May of 2000. Their rates for general service (15K and 30K checkups and oil changes) were generally higher than Marin Acura. Check 'em out. They change the oil for $30 and hand wash the car too.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Drifting

I would definitely go with Cee eL eS's guy.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

Originally posted by peiqinglong

I would definitely go with Cee eL eS's guy.
that guy is the same guy that works on my car, moo's car, bobowah's car, hellawhat's car, and a couple others on this board. he knows the cl all too well

btw, wtf are CT shocks?
Old 06-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

Originally posted by Cee eL eS

that guy is the same guy that works on my car, moo's car, bobowah's car, hellawhat's car, and a couple others on this board. he knows the cl all too well

btw, wtf are CT shocks?
Don't you know....they're the ones with the Comptech sticker on them...
Old 06-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Ace rider

Originally posted by bone_stock

My 01 CLS is going in this coming Thursday for the front brake rotors. My front passenger seat back is suffering from exactly what you mentioned. Do you have a TSB number for that seat back problem? If I knew before this Thursday that would be nice! Thanks in advance
My driver seat back came loose and while fixing my rotors, they fixed the seat back, no questions asked at my dealership (Stevens Creek). They did hold my car overnight though because they didn't have the part for it.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet, thanks for posting this because both my seats are feelings a bit lose. i was wondering if during check-ups they align the wheels for free?

-briancl
Old 06-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

front seats back that have potential to get loose
What does this mean?
The whole seat back comes loose? Or the cover that is on the back of the seat comes loose? Cause my drivers side cover on the back of my drivers seat came off. I was able to push it back on, but still no reason it should have come off.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:53 AM
War Eagle!!!

Originally posted by JasonT

What does this mean?
The whole seat back comes loose? Or the cover that is on the back of the seat comes loose? Cause my drivers side cover on the back of my drivers seat came off. I was able to push it back on, but still no reason it should have come off.
I think they're referring to this: (warning, big pics)

You can barely see it, but basically, the cushion and the back panel are not flush together, as if one's been pulled from the other.

I hope so, because that annoys me about my passenger seat!
Old 06-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Is fast or not

Originally posted by bone_stock

I just called my service guy, the TSB number is 02006 which covers the seat back pannels (the plastic piece). What they had done was that took off the piece to access inside and inserted a special bracket in it to hold the plastic in place. By the way, to all of you guys, the parts guy in Oakland Acura showed me the stuff in their Catalog, he said the spring comes with shock. I looked picture that the spring has a red tube like shock in side of it He said it is from comptech and costs about $300 for parts. Cee eL eS, where is you guy to do the shock job, name and cost if I want to do CT and Konis
Old 06-12-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Important new Bulletin, and is this cheap

...By the way, to all of you guys, the parts guy in Oakland Acura showed me the stuff in their Catalog, he said the spring comes with shock. I looked picture that the spring has a red tube like shock in side of it He said it is from comptech and costs about $300 for parts. Cee eL eS, where is you guy to do the shock job, name and cost if I want to do CT and Konis
i'm not sure what shock CT is providing w/ their springs. CT springs alone are 300...i think cheaper on ACP. but either way, if you're interested in doing an install, the guy works on ocean ave. in SF...near Harvard on the Hill...errr, i mean City college... give me, moomaster, or bobowah a PM or e-mail if you wanna hook something up...
Old 06-13-2002, 08:51 AM
Racer

Thanks for the info. I've emailed my dealer to get clarification.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:00 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Atleast your dealer will do aftermarket installs This way, If you have any problem, they will fix it!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Is fast or not

I wonder if dealer installed Mod for me and they say they will cover my warranty. Do all the other dealers will honor it too?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Is fast or not

I wonder if dealer installed Mod for me and they say they will cover my warranty. Do all the other dealers will honor it too?
Any one has ideas?
Old 06-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Is fast or not

Any one has ideas?