I'm planning to Drop my CL-S a 1.5"inch, will that affect my alignment????!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 05:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning to Drop my CL-S a 1.5"inch, will that affect my alignment????!!

Hey guys I just got my CL-S for about a year now and I'm planning on to hook it up...but now I'm in the process of Dropping it a 1.5' inch...do I need any alignment adjustment....will I lose my comfort as like my stock springs???????
Old 07-18-2001, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by GEOKI:
<STRONG>Hey guys I just got my CL-S for about a year now and I'm planning on to hook it up...but now I'm in the process of Dropping it a 1.5' inch...do I need any alignment adjustment....will I lose my comfort as like my stock springs??????? </STRONG>
You will need an alignment after you drop the car. Wait a week or so before you get the alignment because the car needs to settle.

The ride is alitte rougher but its worth it because it looks awesome and handles great.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by Rymnrsn:
<STRONG>

You will need an alignment after you drop the car. Wait a week or so before you get the alignment because the car needs to settle.

The ride is alitte rougher but its worth it because it looks awesome and handles great.</STRONG>
As far as waiting to get an alignment, I was told to get it done right away because the toe will be off immediately and any settling that eventually happens will be minimal.

The ride is a bit stiffer, but it'll feel just like stock after 2 or 3 days. You'll forget what the stock ride felt like and the steering will be tighter which I like more.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:48 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey was up,
I have the pro-kit on my cl for about 8 months now and I looked at the inside front tires and they are shreded badly! I even rotated my tires. I hope the make a front camber kit!
Old 07-19-2001, 12:32 AM
Pro

Originally posted by StypeCL:
<STRONG>Hey was up,
I have the pro-kit on my cl for about 8 months now and I looked at the inside front tires and they are shreded badly! I even rotated my tires. I hope the make a front camber kit!</STRONG>
I believe Ingalls do. Check www.autocarparts.com .
Old 10-05-2001, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
So did you get your car aligned or not? And if so, how much was the camber off by?

Originally posted by StypeCL:
<STRONG>Hey was up,
I have the pro-kit on my cl for about 8 months now and I looked at the inside front tires and they are shreded badly! I even rotated my tires. I hope the make a front camber kit!</STRONG>
Old 10-05-2001, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Rod:
[QB]

As far as waiting to get an alignment, I was told to get it done right away because the toe will be off immediately and any settling that eventually happens will be minimal.

[QB]
No, you should wait at least a week before gettind the alignment done, 2 or 3 would prolly be better. It's actually not so much the springs that need to settle, but the rest of the suspension (bushings, etc.)
Old 10-05-2001, 07:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>

No, you should wait at least a week before gettind the alignment done, 2 or 3 would prolly be better. It's actually not so much the springs that need to settle, but the rest of the suspension (bushings, etc.)</STRONG>
...you know i did some thinking about that and well i could be off and i am by no means any expert...but wouldnt any settling only affect camber?????something that cant be adjusted anyway...so if im wrong LMK but if not i would say get alignement done right away
Old 10-05-2001, 10:06 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>...you know i did some thinking about that and well i could be off and i am by no means any expert...but wouldnt any settling only affect camber?????something that cant be adjusted anyway...so if im wrong LMK but if not i would say get alignement done right away</STRONG>
You may have a point there. Jens was the one who gave me my info so I trust that it's correct. He said that the camber, and other suspension geometry, doesn't really change much with the settling of the springs, but that the toe is what is really off as soon as you drop the car, so that's why it's a good idea to get the alignment done as soon as possible.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:14 PM
Resident DJ

OK...so just to be safe, get an alignment immediately following installation AND again, about 2-3 weeks later.
Old 10-08-2001, 02:11 AM
Instructor

I feel lucky since my camber is ok after getting an alignment done recently. I was expecting to shell out $$ to have the camber issue fixed since I have such a large drop...
but luck won out
Old 10-08-2001, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I let my car settle for about 500 miles before aligning..the car drove stick straight, alignment is perfect, treadwear is perfect, any questions?
Ed
Old 10-08-2001, 04:05 AM
- daemonichris -

i think you're actually concerned with your camber adjustment. at 1.5 inches, you probably won't have to bother with a camber kit. as for alignment... no matter how much you lower your car, it will be off and you'll need to realign it.