I'm furious

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 10:26 PM
War Eagle!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm furious

I love auto magazines. I have always loved auto-mags...one in particular, AutoWeek....Until now...Go pick up this week's issue and read on page 26, under the AutoFile for the Nissan Altima. In paragraph 4, they say
'The silky smooth 240-hp V6 has power to spare,' said one owner. Indeed, an ample dose of low-end torque helped push the 3.5-liter model we tested from 0 to 60 mph in just above 6.3 seconds, one -tenth of a second faster than the Acura CL Type-S. Similarly, the quarter-mile took 14.85 seconds at 95.1 mph, roughly comparable to the Subaru Impreza WRX, which did it in 14.4 seconds at 93.6 mph

Not only did they claim performance edge over the CL to an econo-box pos Altima, but they then compared quarter-mile times that differ by four/tenths of a second as "roughly comparable" cough! hack! BULLSHIT!
PAID OFF MAG EDITORS :angry: :angry:

I'm going for a now, wanna join?
Old 05-20-2002, 10:37 PM
'Cooter

car mags can vary greatly, which everyone knows...just b/c they test the Altima faster than the CL-S doesn't mean they CAN'T say it...the Nissan V-6 is pretty much the BEST V-6 in the world...they have every right to say what they said...it sux, yes, but it's their results...don't let it get u down so much...most of the test guys at these magazines don't have the passions for our car that we do since they don't spend every day with it like we do i take what they say with a grain of salt all the time, esp when they talk about a bimmer
Old 05-20-2002, 10:39 PM
War Eagle!!!

Originally posted by Scooter
car mags can vary greatly, which everyone knows...just b/c they test the Altima faster than the CL-S doesn't mean they CAN'T say it...the Nissan V-6 is pretty much the BEST V-6 in the world...they have every right to say what they said...it sux, yes, but it's their results...don't let it get u down so much...most of the test guys at these magazines don't have the passions for our car that we do since they don't spend every day with it like we do i take what they say with a grain of salt all the time, esp when they talk about a bimmer
Yeah I overreacted...geez, you sound like my big brother in my old frat
Old 05-20-2002, 11:36 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scooter
Quit being a DAD!!!! JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guilt trippin the poor guy!!!! He was VENTING!!!! It is good to VENT!!!!!!! Show some love!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 11:37 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by momentum3.2

Yeah I overreacted...geez, you sound like my big brother in my old frat

BTW, Scooter was right!!! You should listen to him!!!

Old 05-21-2002, 07:16 AM
('''\_(o_0)_/''')

They probably compared it for the sole reason of the CL Type S was probably the closest in it's performance and price range. The Nissan VQ V-6 engine is wonderfully flexible and pretty reliable. I imagine Nissan will replace it sooner or later, and I doubt they'll be able to reproduce such an engine...I think they nailed this design by accident. :o

Anyhow...I'd take a CL-S over an Altima simply for the brand name, build quality, and styling...not to mention I'd prefer 2-doors to 4-doors in a case like this.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:06 AM
Advanced

My experience

I went for a test drive of the 2002 Altima SE with all the options. Here are my Altima impressions: The interior was cheap, same as a base Civic. The steering was even lighter than my 2003 CLS, which was not a good thing. The braking was very on/off, I nearly put the salesman through the windshield. The power was good but I am not a Car Magazine tester the difference was not very discernable to me. Of course 3.2L versus 3.5L should mean something, right? One more thing, that Altima was priced the SAME as my Acura WITH the navigation system and they weren't going to budge due to buyer demand.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:04 AM
chronic lurker...

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What Frat?