i'm in desperate need of help for amp install!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm in desperate need of help for amp install!!

i posted this in the av and electronics section but i know more people view it in this forum! i attempted to do the deed today to add an aftermarket amp to power all 4 channels in the passenger cabin....attempt was a total failure! cut the cables going to the speakers from the bose amp...this was the shcematic i used.... http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high . the wires i accessed are 1,2, 12, 13, 14, 15, 25, 26....connected a scosche line out converter to the wires coming out of the bose amp, connected rca cables from the LOC to the aftermarket amp. from the aftermarket amp's output, i reconnected to the other half of the cut speaker wires. of course i tapped into the remote turn on of the amp and that worked fine. nothing more. when all was done, all i could hear was noise. no music! just like the sound of the alternator coming out of the speakers. i checked all connections, made sure pos and neg at speaker connections were accurate...and they all were! after 4 hrs of working on it...(1hr running the 4 gauge cable to the trunk), i gave up for now. i don't know what i did wrong. i put everything back to stock for now with the sub connected. any advice?......HELP!!!!! did i use the wrong wires from the bose amp? can anyone tell me what wires they accessed from the bose amp? PLEASE!!!!

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish
"i drive it like my grandma....j/k"

[This message has been edited by icy CL (edited 06-16-2001).]

Old 06-16-2001, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think you can use an aftermarket amp to power the stock speakers. The stock bose speakers are some weird resistance and are crossedover inside the stock amp. From what I understand, you'd have to replace all the speakers too to do what you're describing. Besides, you're not going to get much, if any better sound from the stock speakers simply by changing the amp.

Try hooking up your sub amp the way I described in your previous post in AV & Electronics. I have no problems whatsoever with my install that way.

------------------
White/Black 2001 CL-S (3rd sold in Austin)
- navigation, moonroof visor, upgraded cupholder, Acura spoiler
- Polarg m-6, tint 20% rear, 35% sides, Eibach springs
- 18" Racing Hart C2000 Evo's w/Pirelli P7000's, V1 hardwired
- Polk Momo 12" sub w/Precision Power amp, AudioControl Epicenter
[URL=http://www.john-michelle.com/cl Pics [/URL]
Old 06-16-2001, 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mcdanjw:
Don't think you can use an aftermarket amp to power the stock speakers. The stock bose speakers are some weird resistance and are crossedover inside the stock amp. From what I understand, you'd have to replace all the speakers too to do what you're describing. Besides, you're not going to get much, if any better sound from the stock speakers simply by changing the amp.

Try hooking up your sub amp the way I described in your previous post in AV & Electronics. I have no problems whatsoever with my install that way.

</font>
i already have aftermarket speakers.....just haven't installed them yet. i thought i'd connect the amp first which is what i attempted to do today. also, my sub works fine. it's just when i attempted to connect the aftermarket amp to power the 4 main channels, no music or radio sounds would come out. just whirring nosies....like the sound of the alternator sound coming out of the speakers when the car is running.

------------------
CL-P....icy white!
moon roof visor: mud guards: genuine acura nose mask: genuine acura burlwood shift knob: polarg m-12 on blinkers: m-4s on internal lamps: m-4 on rear plate lamp: piaa bulbs on road lamps: K&N drop in filter: Catz XLO Driving lights: zaino polish

Old 06-17-2001, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

well, i'll assume there arnt any dummy mistakes

the signal wires your tapping into...your sure they are coming from the headunit right?

and the output from the amp, your sure they are going to the speakers right?

you might have them the other way around

the way i understand it, is that your not using the factory amp at all. that means the the signal from the head unit is very weak, which means you shouldnt be using an LOC. im pretty sure this is your problem. the loc is making the signal extrememly weak that the amp has nothing to....amp

the loc doesnt have gains on it?

put the speaker wires into the rca inputs of the amp. or into the high level inputs, if your amp has them

arnt there any users who have done this before?

------------------
99 TL
Old 06-17-2001, 11:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

this dude mcdanjw wrote the exact same thing im tellin ya in one of your others posts

it might be smarter to use an loc while still using the factory amp

------------------
99 TL

[This message has been edited by mr tl (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-21-2001, 04:24 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr tl:
this dude mcdanjw wrote the exact same thing im tellin ya in one of your others posts

it might be smarter to use an loc while still using the factory amp

</font>
alright...i'm bringing this topic back up cuz i intend on connecting the aftermarket amp again this coming weekend. if someone can please analize what i did...or did wrong, PLEASE!! the wires i tapped into are the wires coming out of the bose amp going towards the speakers. basically what i did was cut those wires, installed a LOC (line out converter) and from the loc, i connected rca cables to an aftermarket amp. then wired the aftermarket amps' outputs to the speakers. all i was getting after that was noise....alternator noise even if the car wasn't running!! by the way, the LOC i have had ground wires on them. was i supposed to connect this to the ground of the radio or the sheilding wire? which one? for anyone who has successfully done this, any advice is welcome, PLEASE!!

------------------
CL-P....icy white!