Iforged rims....think twice. ( Open Letter to iForged: Vince or Ryan )

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iforged rims....think twice. ( Open Letter to iForged: Vince or Ryan )

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...threadid=89525

heres cut and paste in case he deletes his thread.

-------------------------------------------
Open Letter to iForged: Vince or Ryan
-------------------------------------------
Mods / Admins: I would appreciate your leaving this in the General Forum for a day or two. I am trying to make sure that Vince Wong or Ryan Castro sees this. I will delete the thread in a day or two. Thank you.

Vince Wong and Ryan Castro,

It has now been more than 13 weeks and I still have no wheels. I now cannot even seem to get you to return my emails / PMs / etc.

My order was placed with you around 03/07/03. At the time your official lead time was 4 - 6 weeks. I was, after getting the order in, told 3 - 4 weeks. Great I thought. I will get them in time for Bimmerfest. No such luck.

A few weeks later (~ end of April) I was told that my wheels were finally done, sitting in your shipping department waiting for me to pick them up. Due to security concerns (?) you preferred to ship them and I had no issue with that. I gave my shipping and address and waited. One week, then two went by and still no wheels.

After making several days worth of telephone calls and emails I was finally given information that my wheels had been found (I wasn't aware that they were lost), but that one (note: ONE) had a flaw in the powerdercoat and that you wanted to get it fixed. No problem - just a few more days to send it out and have it redone. At this point I should have known better.

Two weeks ago I was finally given the OK to come pick them up. They were in the hands of the welder and would be done by 1:00 pm. I was instructed to come after 2:00pm but before 4:00pm. Excited, I got off work early (hey, its ok to cash in favors with the boss to go pick up new wheels, right?!?) and spent almost an hour on the freeway.

Not only did they not know who I was when I got there, they had no idea of what I was picking up, what had been arranged, etc. Vince was nowhere to be found and telephone calls to every number that the people had there failed to turn him up. It wasn’t looking good.

Finally someone recognized the wheels I was describing and chimed in with "Oh, those are the ones we had problems welding this morning. The powdercoat blistered". They then proceeded to bring in the one wheel that had been done to show me the problem.

On the plus side, the wheel looked great - better than expected, actually. Except for that whole blistering around the edge thing. Unfortunately this is the only wheel that had been done. The other three were still in pieces (remember that they had said that only one was flawed and being sent out).

On top of that, the wheels had been drilled for false bolts to make them look like three-piece wheels. I had specifically ordered the two piece wheels WITHOUT bolts (just like the pictures I had seen) and even told that you weren't even going to be making the type with bolts anymore. My original inquiries were for your one-piece wheels because of the light weight and clean look.

I was disappointed, frustrated, and near the end of my rope. Not only had I been lied to several times at this point, but nobody had bothered to give me a call and let me know not to make the 90-minute round-trip for nothing.

Vince, you did eventually call later that night asking me what the problem was. I explained the situation (why did I need to be explaining this to you?) and you had no apologies, no interest in making things right. I tried to be understanding, I remained calm and open to suggestions - realizing that the powdercoat thing was not iForged or Intro's fault - but... If you remember, your last words to me were (and I am not paraphrasing, exagerating, etc.) "We have nothing for you. I will see that you get a refund". You then hung up.

At this point I was furious. I am pretty sure I had every right to be. My contact, however, after speaking with you, convinced me to give iForged two more weeks. Maybe even one, but two just to be safe. Apparently you had called to your CNC machinist that night about NOT drilling the holes and been given the thumbs-up. I felt that this showed quite a bit of promise. My contact also assured me that you were interested in making this deal right and you would be making sure that they would be done in two weeks.

Well, guess what. It has been two weeks and I cannot even get you to return my email. I have tried contacting Ryan - the one who is supposed to be bringing your customer service around - and have not heard back from him after four days and two emails.

More than anything right now I want my wheels. To refresh your memory, they are the 17x8, 2-piece, black-centered Aeros, without bolts, for an E36 application.

Please contact me, here or privately, to let me know what is up.

Thank you,

Michael Granville
(PM or email below will get me)

------------------------------------------
Old 06-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
it's no secret that their customer service sucks ass.

i've heard the same thing on several different forums.

i would never order wheels from them.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
That's why I use american express. Man, this clown would be in dispute so fast his head would spin.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
its been done dumass http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=105293