Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
If you do buying on the internet

If you do buying on the internet I sugguest all do not bother with
AutoPartsDealer.com

I can find em I'll tell ya.

I ordered cometic gaskets back on 4/19/11.
And got them to answer the phone only twice since.
1st time.
2-3 weeks in they said they could not tell me anything and would call me back. It never happend.
2nd time.
I got them on the phone another 2 weeks after that may 18th they sent me a email right away saying they would have them droped shipped.

all atempts at emails were also no good.
Their mail box on their site would not work,emails straght to their email never returned.
And have not been able to contact since.
Filed a dispute with my CC today.
They said don't worry about it they would take care of it.
It's just reall shitty it's been like 50days or so with no real answer to anything.
Take this as a review and a clue to stay away.
Just looking out for everyone.
I hate people that do bad buisness.

Last edited by richardparker; 06-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CLassy02 (06-06-2011)
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I've gotten screwed like that before, so I feel your pain. I now only buy from a trusted place or Ebay, where feedback is very important to the seller. I also don't buy from "official vendors" on forums unless the sell through Ebay. If they don't sell through ebay you'll never hear about any negative feedback on the forum, the mods won't allow it. I also google the website for reviews. If you google AutoPartsDealer.com, there are a bunch of bad reviews on the first page.

Do your research first. Ask question before you buy. Sometimes saving a few $'s isn't worth it. I'm about as cheap as they get. I'll search for hours to save a dollar but I'll pay more for something instead of taking my chances on trying to save a few dollars.

At least you're getting your money back.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Baller of Uni

Received 511 Likes on 396 Posts
Damn, that's good to know. Thanks for the heads up man.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,858 Likes on 1,499 Posts
I know how you feel about internet sales. Most of the vendors I have used have given me very little grief.

However, the set of BFG KDW's I recently purchased was going to come from onlinetires.com. They have them listed for $109.27 + $19.52 each shipped to my zip. One set of four totaled $515.18 ($128.79ea) with no FL sales tax. Pretty good I thought, since TreadDepot had them $140ea;TireRack at $144 ea; and TireKingdom;DiscountTire at $160 ea. before tax and install.

Then I performed a google search on their reviews (onlinetires) and it came back with a shitload of nightmare feedback. I found one guy on another forum recommend that if you buy from them online, first call and see if they have the tires in stock to minimize any miscommunication. So, I gave them a call. I talked to someone who sounded like he was clueless with the type of tire I was inquiring about, so he handed me off to someone else after a 10 minute hold. The redflags are starting to fly in my head and was ready to hang up, when someone else finally answered. This guy sounded like he knew his shit and proceeded to tell me that the website price was incorrect at $109.27 and is now $118.27 ea. and they would have to be special ordered.

To make a long story short, I took a printout of the shopping cart info. regarding a set of 4 KDW's at $109.27 each from OLtires to a local DiscountTire and the manager matched OLtires price. I received the tires in 2 days and carried them out. I actually broke even with the price even though I paid FL sales tax (which I was trying to avoid) at DiscountTire and got the tires sooner rather than later with no drama/uncertainty from OLtires and their shady practices.

Since this was a large dollar purchase, it payed to do a little research on this vendor because their price seemed to good to be true. Once I read the reviews and then talked to the sales people there, the $36 dollars in FL sales tax was a small price to pay for no DRAMA. hehe

Last edited by zeta; 06-06-2011 at 01:29 PM.