If cl-s upgrade the brembo braking system..will that affect the ABS or VSA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 07:41 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 04-05-2001, 07:57 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S:

</font>

I would think it would affect VSA but what do I know...

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Denso Spark Plugs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI
Old 04-05-2001, 08:00 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S:

</font>
I work in an ABS manufacturing and design facility. I am not exactly sure what brembo braking is but two facts to consider are:
the size of the pad and the rotor. If you are going to change these, it might affect your abs ability. Also tire size definitely affects the ABS.

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-05-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phinthesky:
I work in an ABS manufacturing and design facility. I am not exactly sure what brembo braking is but two facts to consider are:
the size of the pad and the rotor. If you are going to change these, it might affect your abs ability. Also tire size definitely affects the ABS.

</font>
In what way does tire size affect ABS? I recently replaced my stock TL rims and tires with 225/40-18s. Does the overall diameter affect ABS, or the tire size (wider, shorter side wall), or the fact that the new tires have (much) better grip?
Old 04-05-2001, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

i don't think the vsa and abs will be affected. i believe abs is based on the pressure you apply on the brakes and the vsa activates when there is wheelspin which have very little to do with tire size or brake size.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

i don't believe the vsa and abs will be affected. the abs activates based on brake pressure and the vsa activates when there is wheelspin based on wheel speed. so tire size and brake size should not be affected at all.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:06 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Abs and vsa as used by Acura on the TL/CL function by monitoring wheel speed sensors,yaw rate sensor,steering angle sensor,throttle angle amongst others.Changing to a larger brake system such as Brembo's excellent large rotor combined with the 4 piston calipers should not affect the performance of either system.What may happen is due to the large size of the rotors and their much greater ability to stop the car without wheel lock up the abs system may actually be called upon far less frequently than with the stock braking system.The vsa system applies brakes as needed to correct for oversteer or understeer.The vsa system can only apply a small amount of braking force and as such the Brembo brake system will most likely not affect that either.

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 04-06-2001, 01:15 AM