I will never buy the Z350!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003 | 04:24 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Zeroday,

Don't worry about what other people think, you like the car that is all that matters.
Appreciate the concern hehe, but no worries here man. I have no regrets about my purchase. Not for a second. I love my car, it's everything I expected it to be and more.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by zeroday
i dunno man, that's a strecth IMO. You may be referring to the way the tail kind of slants down...but that's still a stretch.
Oh don't misunderstand. Z really is a great car... you know performance (faster than the car I am getting), style, etc... the only thing that I don't like is it looks kind of like Porsche 911 ( my favorite car) to me

Oh congrat. on your new Z.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:28 PM
Banned

Oh if its not facts, then why is Nissan RECALLING the orange color for paint defects. Why are they redesigning parts of the interior. Why are people complaining about the 350z all the time on teh club in the quality department? I think you need to shut up because you have no facts.

I honestly expect more from members of this board. I don't expect people not to argue objectively about how the CL is different/better than other cars out there, but what is disappointing is immature comments reffering to the Z and other cars like the IS300 as crap, garbage, poorly built, blah blah. Objectivity involves dealing with facts. Facts don't include the following:

CCns24: "Interior wise, is a completely different story. The 350z is just plain crap. "

Silverbullet reffering to the Z:

"The VQ and looks is the only thing that car has going for it. Its build sucks. Its quality of worksmanship sucks. "

These comments do nothing but inflame other board members, and IMO have no place here. I had alot of comlaints about my CLS when I had it, but I never berated the car on this board, said it was crap, etc, even after I got rid of it. I know there are members of this board that would have taken offense to that. Please try to maintain your objectivity when posting, and consider that other members have worked very hard to buy the cars that some choose to dismiss as 'crap'. When others do it to you (topdaytrader for example) you don't like it, so don't be hippocritical and do it to others. I'm officially done with this thread.

cya.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:41 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Oh if its not facts, then why is Nissan RECALLING the orange color for paint defects. Why are they redesigning parts of the interior. Why are people complaining about the 350z all the time on teh club in the quality department? I think you need to shut up because you have no facts.

you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. Nissan is not recalling the lemans sunset 'orange' color. If you would read and research more carefully, you will notice what you are referring to is a paint condition called ORANGE PEEL. There is NO recall. Nissan is fixing the problem for customers that have it. This has NOTHING to do with the color orange. I have neither the time nor patience to educate you, but I would advise you to read up a bit before you post. It just makes you look ignorant.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

dont forget about how easy it is for the paint to chip off!

sidemarker
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:51 PM
Banned

I don't have the time to read about other car defects.

It is still a major defect. Should have had that quality check done at the factory. lol!!!

Like I said, that was a fact that nissan has quality problems and always has on all there cars since 1995.

you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. Nissan is not recalling the lemans sunset 'orange' color. If you would read and research more carefully, you will notice what you are referring to is a paint condition called ORANGE PEEL. There is NO recall. Nissan is fixing the problem for customers that have it. This has NOTHING to do with the color orange. I have neither the time nor patience to educate you, but I would advise you to read up a bit before you post. It just makes you look ignorant.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by sidemarker
dont forget about how easy it is for the paint to chip off!

sidemarker
Yeah, exactly.

www.nissanpaint.com

Chips easy!

At least the Acura Paint doesn't chip as easy as Nissans.
Old 01-22-2003 | 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by runnerX
don't like Nissan/Infiniti cars. The new Z is a fake porsche 911, just like Toyota MR -- fake boxster. Why can't they create something on their own or at least be unique.
Kinda like the Lexus LS400 clone of the previous S-Class Benz, huh? It's called "styling cues" in the auto industry.

Better for Nissan to get styling cues from Porsche than GM.

Peace.
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:07 PM
Race Director

SilverBullet you are a real rocket scientist. Your last post was pure stupidity, and it just keeps getting better.

Your CL has paint chipping issues, rattles, tranny failures, actuator failures, cracking leather, power seats that work half the time, did I mention rattles? I know because I had one. No car is perfect, and it makes you look like even more of a JACKASS when you get self righteous and criticize other cars/car manufacturers for problems that your own car has. Of course it doesn't bother you, because it's YOUR CAR. Idiot.
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:08 PM

don't like Nissan/Infiniti cars. The new Z is a fake porsche 911, just like Toyota MR -- fake boxster. Why can't they create something on their own or at least be unique.
Like the MDX looking like a fat RX 300.
Or the TSX looking like the old camry.

Most cars look alike or steal from one another. There are only a few cars that look like no other on the planet. THe Z does resemble a 996 to me which is sweet. I want a 996 4WS but don't have 85k for it. But 30k for a Z sounds GREAT.
Kinda like the Lexus LS400 clone of the previous S-Class Benz, huh
Bingo, another example.

I just can't figure out why the car weighs so much. 3300lbs. The ALtima and IS 300 weigh that much. This car would ROCKET if it were 2800-3000 lbs.
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:14 PM
The Creator

i like the Z. for what it is its a great car.

the G35 on the other hand... i think fails in many areas considering its price and what its SUPPOSEDto be.

everything GOOD about the G35 is better in the Z. and everything the G35 is supposed to have in contrast to the Z... sucks.

its only benefit is back seats.
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:14 PM
Unregistered Member

SilverBullet you are a real rocket scientist. Your last post was pure stupidity, and it just keeps getting better.

Your CL has paint chipping issues, rattles, tranny failures, actuator failures, cracking leather, power seats that work half the time, did I mention rattles? I know because I had one. No car is perfect, and it makes you look like even more of a JACKASS when you get self righteous and criticize other cars/car manufacturers for problems that your own car has. Of course it doesn't bother you, because it's YOUR CAR. Idiot.
Well said.

No car is perfect.

I'm still trying to figure out what a "Z350" is?
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:18 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by soopa
i like the Z. for what it is its a great car.

the G35 on the other hand... i think fails in many areas considering its price and what its SUPPOSEDto be.

everything GOOD about the G35 is better in the Z. and everything the G35 is supposed to have in contrast to the Z... sucks.

its only benefit is back seats.
Not sure what you mean..... The Z is obviously supposed to be a 2 seat sports car, while the G35 is supposed to be more of a GT type car.

The G35 basically has the handling capabilities of the Z, but with a softer, more compliant ride.

The G has nearly the same power.

The G has a nice, fluid feel to all controls.

To me, the G feels like a "softened" Z, which is exactly what I would expect from Infiniti.
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

That said, the Z looks sharp :

Banned

Originally posted by topdaytrader
I bought the CL when it first came out. At that time, there's no 350z, G35c and etc. CL is just my beater so I don't really care anyways. But I know which car is better than CL and which one is not. You all CL owners need to grow up and accept the fact.
TopGayTraitor

bwahhahahahha!!! good one Shawn hit the nail on the head
Banned

What rattles, what actuator, what chipping, what power seat problems? I have none. I have to big of a list to say how many my Maximas have had in the past. I had 6 Nissans in the past 7 years. I know for a fact what problems Nissna has you do not.

You sir are the only one whining about it, so whats the problem? Why we calling names now?

Old 01-22-2003 | 05:25 PM
Drifting

I refuse to get caught up in this rediculous arguement, but here is an interesting observation. I was tooling south on I 65 on the way to the Indianapolis powder coating convention on September 24, 2002 in my RSX-S. This was a Wednesday, I think. I saw my first truck load of 350 Zs on the way down. Looked the car over, OK I thought.

On the following Saturday, I went to my nearby Arlington Heights, Il Acura dealer, who happens to be adjacent to a Lexus dealer. I was checking out getting a new RSX-S to replace the 2002. There were really no changes for 2003, and I couldn't justify forking over 3 large for new car smell, so, I drove a CL-S and loved the thing, bought a silver no navi six speed on the spot!

On the way out of the dealer, I used the common driveway shared by the two dealers, and there, was a 350Z on the used car lot, prominently displayed in the Lexus front row. I parked the new car on the Acura lot, and asked to see the inside of the 350Z. Because I was caught up in the euphoria of buying a new Acura, I can't say I remember much about the 350Z interior (does that say something in itself?). But I do remember one thing, the odometer had 167 miles on it!

Unless there was a problem with insurance or something, somebody must have been mighty unhappy with the Z! (insurance: I once saw a new corvette on the acura dealer showroom floor, traded for the integra. A young kid bought the vette, thought the insurance quote was "per year". Turns out, it was per month!
Old 01-22-2003 | 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by F23A4
That said, the Z looks sharp :

damn... this Nismo Z looks hella nice... but it is a 2 seater, not my style. :shakehd:

can I aftermarket two more seats in the back?
Old 01-22-2003 | 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by runnerX

can I aftermarket two more seats in the back?
Just buy a couple of Sparcos, remove the hatch, issue backseat riders some goggles and youll be in business.
Old 01-22-2003 | 07:24 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by SilverBullet
What rattles, what actuator, what chipping, what power seat problems? I have none. I have to big of a list to say how many my Maximas have had in the past. I had 6 Nissans in the past 7 years. I know for a fact what problems Nissna has you do not.

You sir are the only one whining about it, so whats the problem? Why we calling names now?
Russ...you're out of your element. Stop ripping on cars just becuase you don't own them. PLEASE...
Old 01-22-2003 | 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

this thread will go down in the hall of shame :o
Old 01-22-2003 | 10:45 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by mattg
this thread will go down in the hall of shame :o
For once I totally agree with you.
Old 01-22-2003 | 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 01-22-2003 | 11:07 PM
Suzuka Master

A sports car isnt made to have a luxurious interior. A sports car is made for pure driving pleasure. If you dont realize that, then you shouldnt be looking at this type of vehicle. Look at all the sports cars back to the 50's, they were all built for driving. People knock C5s and Vipers for having bland interiors, but who cares ITS A SPORTS CAR. If you want something sporty with luxury, plan on spending lots of money. Even Porsches arent that luxurious for the money you are paying.

As for the Z, it is a great bang for the buck. You get a true sports car for a great price. The Z is about as much as a loaded GT/Mach or F-body. Compare those interiors and come back and tell me the Z is lacking interior wise.
Old 01-22-2003 | 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

i looked at a z up close the other day and it was very nice. it was the blue color w/ black interior. through the window the int. didn't look bad to me

i haven't sat in one though.

much smaller than the cl-s, not in the same class. wouldn't be much to talk about if the cl (6mt) wasn't comparable in straight line acceleration.

and my dog would never fit in the z