I took the new E500 out for a test drive today

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by amirsafdari
well the CL500 is 140k and the E came to about 95k...so about 45k cheaper...and u get lots more with the E
You must be talking in Canadian money... friggin Northerners...
Old 08-18-2002, 09:56 PM
__

About the pano roof, I think it's ugly. It makes the car look very cheap. A new E in black hides it, but I can still see it. Sure it's a cool feature, but somewhat useless and ugly.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Acura3.0CLP
About the pano roof, I think it's ugly. It makes the car look very cheap. A new E in black hides it, but I can still see it. Sure it's a cool feature, but somewhat useless and ugly.
But I always thought it looked pimp on SL's and Porsche's
Old 08-18-2002, 10:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
"Should I be ignorant too and ask how can you drive in Jersey since all it consists of is chemical plants and garbage dumps?"

Sure go right ahead, and when your done change tampons cuz your taking this way too seriously.

"BTW.. I don't mean to attack people on this board. I have been a member for over a year and never tried to start an argument."

Then don't and don't start now, over a car discussion and a rather harmless statement. Your a New Yorker, get some thicker skin.

"It just really pisses me off when people make ignorant statements like the ones above."

You make it sound like beltfed just got done raping your family or something, relax no one is hating on Queens here.

"BTW, in case any of you care, the average price of a house in my small neighborhood is over $2 million (anyone from the area probably knows of Malba)."

Want me to take pictures of the 2 million dollar houses in my neighborhood too? Then later we can whip them out and see who can piss further Just relax go have a Corona no one is hating on you. Jeez.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Race Director

cusdaddy sounds like a drama queen

haha

anyways, M5 is outdated and overated too a bit..in my opinion.

MB owns you all, admit it.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by cusdaddy

Dude.. Not funny. Sounds more ignorant than funny.

Do you even know anything about Queens? Come and visit Malba before making a stupid statement like that again. And yes, my neighbor 3 doors down has a Ferrari 550.

BTW, I know your area pretty well. Family has houses in Commack and Northport. You should not be so cocky. (Trust me)

How do you get anywhere in LI since all it consists of is the parking lot known as the LIE, Northern State and the traffic from people driving to the 10,000 identical strip malls?

And in regards to your comment on the E55. It can go 0-60 in 2 seconds for all I care. It still has a slushbox, so I don't want it. If you want it, great. All I was doing was expressing my feelings.

The Viper does 0-60 in about 4 seconds. It's still a Dodge.... No thanks

For a truly sporty car, I want a manual. Makes me feel more connected to the car. And yes, I drive a slushbox. But I don't pretend it's a pure sports car.

Man, you sure are touchy about Queens. Maybe you should go back and re-read the comment it was pretty harmless. Chill man no one is hatin here.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Racer

Do you even know anything about Queens? Come and visit Malba before making a stupid statement like that again. And yes, my neighbor 3 doors down has a Ferrari 550.

BTW, I know your area pretty well. Family has houses in Commack and Northport. You should not be so cocky. (Trust me)

How do you get anywhere in LI since all it consists of is the parking lot known as the LIE, Northern State and the traffic from people driving to the 10,000 identical strip malls?

And in regards to your comment on the E55. It can go 0-60 in 2 seconds for all I care. It still has a slushbox, so I don't want it. If you want it, great. All I was doing was expressing my feelings.

For a truly sporty car, I want a manual. Makes me feel more connected to the car. And yes, I drive a slushbox. But I don't pretend it's a pure sports car.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

haha

You MB whore jeez. :P
Old 08-18-2002, 10:46 PM
Race Director

German is the way to go.

right ernie?
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by proactive

I'm sure if someone pushed a Viper in your driveway you wouldn't push it away.

Secondly, you don't think for a minute this guy cusdaddy is over-reacting?
Ain't No Other...

Originally posted by Maximized

The new 7 wont outhandle any production Benz in the turns. What about the CLK55, E55, and C32????? The new 7 has a great engine, but the car looks horrible. The rear end makes it one of the ugliest cars on the road. Chris Bangle messed up the 7 series and probably will do the same to the 5 series.
Anybody care to enlighten this guy?!?!?

If you know anything about Mercedes Benz, you know even their AMG models don't handle that great...the AMG models will lag behind BMW non-Sport models at BEST...close but not quite...go look up some skidpad figures and go read some posts on www.mbworld.org forum and the lateral G-force data on the AMG models, it's NOT that impressive...but I will tell you MB has awesome power, and torque that is very impressive and is luxurious and solid but when it comes to handling even the AMG models will not come that close to the new 7-series...trust me...
Old 08-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

German is the way to go.

right ernie?
Yes, the fatherland makes the best vehicles on the road today. I'm impatiently waiting for my car now ever since Soopa showed me this BMW show on TIVO which showed their assembly line and M heritage. I may go look at the new E500 how much they going for and is it in my price range? I'm around 58K for the M3 right now.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Race Director

Who said anything about the E55 being a pure sports car??

What the hell are you talking about??

The M5 isnt even a pure sports car.

BTW, the 2002 Ferrari 456M that has 5.5L 442 hp V12 comes in "slush box"..would you consider that a pure sports car?
Old 08-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Racer

Originally posted by eclipse23

I'm sure if someone pushed a Viper in your driveway you wouldn't push it away.

Secondly, you don't think for a minute this guy cusdaddy is over-reacting?
i like vipers.

and no, i fully endorse acting like that online. it's amusing.

(p.s. laughing AT him, not with)
Old 08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by eclipse23

Yes, the fatherland makes the best vehicles on the road today. I'm impatiently waiting for my car now ever since Soopa showed me this BMW show on TIVO which showed their assembly line and M heritage. I may go look at the new E500 how much they going for and is it in my price range? I'm around 58K for the M3 right now.

You could get a E500 with that much...not sure, the Pricing for the new E500 is not out yet in the USA. But it is in Canada.

The reason for this, from what I have read, is because there are lots of existing E-classes that need to be sold, and since the NEW E-Class is supposed to be a couple grand Cheaper than the old E, Mercedes wont release it.

So it should be a couple thousand less than the current E430.

Ernie, if you get the E500 will be the man.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Dude!!!.....do you see a smiling smilie, wasn't meant to be funny.

I don't care if your neighbor is a Sultan, Queens isn't my cup of tea....although Malba is a nice part of Queens.

Overall, if you think Queens is nicer than LI.....I'll have what your smoking. Not to mention, I was questioning the traffic (which does suck), not the homes.

Your right, the Viper is just a Dodge ......I have had all sorts of cars, I don't let brand snobbery get in the way.

Anyway, don't get your panties in a bunch...you'll just give yourself a headache.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Suzuka Master

I will drop it. Deleted my comments.

I am not a drama queen BTW. More hot headed. (Being a NY Sicilian can be dangerous sometimes)

Just struck a nerve. Sometimes certain subjects just set people off. Again, I apologize. Didn't realize it was meant to be a joke.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Who said anything about the E55 being a pure sports car??

What the hell are you talking about??

The M5 isnt even a pure sports car.

BTW, the 2002 Ferrari 456M that has 5.5L 442 hp V12 comes in "slush box"..would you consider that a pure sports car?
I don't consider the Ferrari F1 paddle transmission or the BMW SMG under the same category as a traditional MB Auto (even if it is programmed to shift faster)

I was commenting on MB's current lack of a manual or even Sequential shift for their performance cars.

When I said pure sports car, I should have refined it to say a sporty car that goes 0-60 in under 5 sec... To me for a car that fast, I like to have a manual or a seq shift to really enjoy the power.

I prefer the M cars to the AMG for that reason.

Again, this is just my opinion, as I said before
Old 08-19-2002, 12:39 AM
Suzuka Master

haha

Please dont post anything more in this thread after writing that last statement. The M5 outdated and overated??? Name any sedan currently available in the US that can beat it....Heres your answer NONE.

Mercedes are nice cars, but they are more tuned towards luxury than sport.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SinnedTL

Anybody care to enlighten this guy?!?!?

If you know anything about Mercedes Benz, you know even their AMG models don't handle that great...the AMG models will lag behind BMW non-Sport models at BEST...close but not quite...go look up some skidpad figures and go read some posts on www.mbworld.org forum and the lateral G-force data on the AMG models, it's NOT that impressive...but I will tell you MB has awesome power, and torque that is very impressive and is luxurious and solid but when it comes to handling even the AMG models will not come that close to the new 7-series...trust me...
An E55 AMG will run LAPS around a new 745. Come on now who are you trying to fool here? Skidpad is a useless figure IMO rather slalom is the number that really matters. I wont trust you towards any comments regarding the new 7 because you obviously dont know what your talking about. AMG models not handling....I got a good laugh on that comment.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:23 AM
Ain't No Other...

An E55 AMG will run LAPS around a new 745. Come on now who are you trying to fool here? Skidpad is a useless figure IMO rather slalom is the number that really matters. I wont trust you towards any comments regarding the new 7 because you obviously dont know what your talking about. AMG models not handling....I got a good laugh on that comment.
AHAHAHAHHAAHAH!

Here is my Proof against your meager words!!!

Links INCLUDED!!!

for cliffnotes,

Here is SLALOM since you wanted SLALOM, did I mention SLALOM?!?!?! :sqntfawk:

According to Motortrend:
M5 SLALOM: 66.96 MPH
E55 SLALOM: 62.84 MPH

Link for Motortrend: http://www.motortrend.com/april02/m5/2.html

E65 7 Series: 64.9 MPH
Link for 7: http://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/...?ArticleID=209

According to Road and Track, since I couldn't find it in Motortrend, (non-the-less, give or take a few) but mind you, 1 MPH is ALOT in SLALOM figures...and Motortrend even mentions it!

Quote from Motortrend:
Our slalom test course tends to bring out the best, or worst, in any car's handling portfolio, and here the differences are marked. The M5 clears the conefield at 66.96 mph, with the E55 well back at 62.84. And 4 mph is a big difference in this game. While overall grip levels between the two feel quite similar, the Mercedes doesn't handle high-speed left/right/left transitions nearly as well. Its tail feels pendulous, as if all too happy to come around, when really pushed.

The quote above is the comparison between the M5 and the E55, and I know that, that was just to show you that the 7 has better slalom than the E55 and that even AMG models, while the 7 isn't even an M model, it will keep up and beat ALL AMG models in the current line-up...So take back the words you said about me NOT knowing anything about the 7-series, MY DAD HAS ONE, and you don't, LOL!!!

Now, I never said AMG models don't have power, I KNOW they have power so don't come around saying, "well it will beat it in acceleration"...

Now go back to your corner!

Since I mentioned this, I know your gonna say, SLALOM is a useless figure right???
Old 08-19-2002, 02:39 AM
Race Director

Please dont post anything more in this thread after writing that last statement. The M5 outdated and overated??? Name any sedan currently available in the US that can beat it....Heres your answer NONE.

Mercedes are nice cars, but they are more tuned towards luxury than sport.
hmm..

S4+chip=M5 beater
RS8 = M5 Beater
Kleeman SC gives the E55 550hp/504lb-ft ...look at the kleeman E55 below literally running away from an M5 in the quarter mile.
In the video, the E55 is so fast, that it makes the M5 look freakin slow.
Fastest Sedan in the world? That would be the Kleeman E55
check it out http://www.kleemannusa.com/
http://www.corystarr.com/mug/Neowerkes/MugBeeGrudge.wmv

M5 looks? outdated..its got the same body style of the same 5 series that was introduced to us in 97..were in 2002 going to 03 right now.

Yeah, the current E55 is outdated...but with the NEW E55 coming out in late 2003, would be the same time that the M5 will no longer be in production for another 5 years. And by that time mercedes will be tweaking the E55 again to be ahead of their game again.

With this in mind, yes, the M5 and current E55 are outdated cars, but in about a year the E55 will be on top.

oh and check out the smoke on the clk55 kleeman http://www.mbautowerks.com/performa...55_KLEEMANN.avi
Old 08-19-2002, 12:29 PM
Race Director

oh and add mercedes reliablility to that list.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Ain't No Other...

How come MAXIMIZED isn't RESPONDING!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
it's funny how in this thread everyone is argueing over what their dads car can do.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Race Director

oh yea??

well, my dad could kick your dads ass

Old 08-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
oh yeah , well how bout i give you one of these

and some of this

and last but not least

me-------><-------amir

Old 08-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Ahhhhh, too rich for my blood! I'd have the IRS at my door.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Suzuka Master

The quote above is the comparison between the M5 and the E55, and I know that, that was just to show you that the 7 has better slalom than the E55 and that even AMG models, while the 7 isn't even an M model, it will keep up and beat ALL AMG models in the current line-up...So take back the words you said about me NOT knowing anything about the 7-series, MY DAD HAS ONE, and you don't, LOL!!!

Now, I never said AMG models don't have power, I KNOW they have power so don't come around saying, "well it will beat it in acceleration"...

Now go back to your corner!

Since I mentioned this, I know your gonna say, SLALOM is a useless figure right???
You are a true mag racer. Magazines are good sources of info but arent the final word. Your credibilty has gone down the drain after this comment "while the 7 isn't even an M model, it will keep up and beat ALL AMG models in the current line-up"

Look in your beloved September MT and check out how the SL55 AMG beats the Z8 in the slalom. Also according to your Mag stats a 330i SPORT is slower in the slalom that that 745i # you posted. I have a 330i sport sitting in the garage and have driven the 745i with 19's and there is no comparison. Now go back to your delusional world of thinking that a 745 can outhandle a E55 or CLK55. BTW, just because your dad owns a 745i doesnt mean you know how it handles. Anyone who says they can tell how a car handles at the limits, without going to a roadcourse is an idiot. Im not trying to be a dick here, but Im just sick and tired of people quoting magazine times and such.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

hmm..

S4+chip=M5 beater
RS8 = M5 Beater
Kleeman SC gives the E55 550hp/504lb-ft ...look at the kleeman E55 below literally running away from an M5 in the quarter mile.
In the video, the E55 is so fast, that it makes the M5 look freakin slow.
Fastest Sedan in the world? That would be the Kleeman E55
check it out http://www.kleemannusa.com/
http://www.corystarr.com/mug/Neowerkes/MugBeeGrudge.wmv

M5 looks? outdated..its got the same body style of the same 5 series that was introduced to us in 97..were in 2002 going to 03 right now.

Yeah, the current E55 is outdated...but with the NEW E55 coming out in late 2003, would be the same time that the M5 will no longer be in production for another 5 years. And by that time mercedes will be tweaking the E55 again to be ahead of their game again.

With this in mind, yes, the M5 and current E55 are outdated cars, but in about a year the E55 will be on top.

oh and check out the smoke on the clk55 kleeman http://www.mbautowerks.com/performa...55_KLEEMANN.avi
OK, I should have been more specific. What I meant was US production sedans. A Klemann E55 is a tuner car, therefore it isnt classified as a production vehicle. As for a APR Chipped S4....It will give an E39 M5 a good run, but wont beat it. The RS6 (NOT RS8) isnt currently available in NA yet, so its out of the running. Therefore, the M5 is still the fastest production sedan in NA.

As for the new M5 it is in the works and from what I have heard MB better keep tuning their E55. The M5 is supposedly getting a F1 derived V10 with 500+ hp. Bye Bye E55!!

Also if you are talking about the fastest tuner Mercedes you are looking at the wrong website. Kleemann makes some fast cars, but RENNtech's are faster. Goto www.renntechmercedes.com and check out there E60 and EV12.

Edit: I checked that Klemann link and you are talking about top speed and I was talking about acceleration. Looking at the power stats on both cars, if the EV12 is geared right it should have a faster top speed.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Ain't No Other...

You are a true mag racer. Magazines are good sources of info but arent the final word. Your credibilty has gone down the drain after this comment "while the 7 isn't even an M model, it will keep up and beat ALL AMG models in the current line-up"

Look in your beloved September MT and check out how the SL55 AMG beats the Z8 in the slalom. Also according to your Mag stats a 330i SPORT is slower in the slalom that that 745i # you posted. I have a 330i sport sitting in the garage and have driven the 745i with 19's and there is no comparison. Now go back to your delusional world of thinking that a 745 can outhandle a E55 or CLK55. BTW, just because your dad owns a 745i doesnt mean you know how it handles. Anyone who says they can tell how a car handles at the limits, without going to a roadcourse is an idiot. Im not trying to be a dick here, but Im just sick and tired of people quoting magazine times and such.
So if I was to give you a more subjective view, you would have told me to get actual figures...now that I got you magazine figures which are more objective and neutral than what most people can quote, you come and bitch that I don't know nothing and that it is more subjective, now YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!!! Okay maybe not the SL55(since it is relatively new, and dont say "ooh I told you it's not ALL AMG models, like a kindergarten bitch...) but all previous model AMG such as the S55, E55, and CLK55 doesn't handle that well...and go to mbworld.org, the owners will tell you that the current MB suspensions are soft, and has alot of bodyroll...AND to STAY ON TOPIC, this discussion was never about your 330I SPORT...AHAHAHHAAHAH BIATCH!!! BTW my dad has the optional 19 inch rolling stock which should handle a tad bit better than the SLALOM figures I quoted above...so take your shit else...LOL I've never had such a heated discussion in trying to edumacate an idiot, that no matter if you give a subjective or objective view, they can't get it through their thick skull... :sqntfawk:
Old 08-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Race Director

ok who cares, we drive honda's
Old 08-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Race Director

woah, the other guy has a nissan...i guess things can get worse...

i should be thankful.

im just playin
Old 08-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

So if I was to give you a more subjective view, you would have told me to get actual figures...now that I got you magazine figures which are more objective and neutral than what most people can quote, you come and bitch that I don't know nothing and that it is more subjective, now YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!!! Okay maybe not the SL55(since it is relatively new, and dont say "ooh I told you it's not ALL AMG models, like a kindergarten bitch...) but all previous model AMG such as the S55, E55, and CLK55 doesn't handle that well...and go to mbworld.org, the owners will tell you that the current MB suspensions are soft, and has alot of bodyroll...AND to STAY ON TOPIC, this discussion was never about your 330I SPORT...AHAHAHHAAHAH BIATCH!!! BTW my dad has the optional 19 inch rolling stock which should handle a tad bit better than the SLALOM figures I quoted above...so take your shit else...LOL I've never had such a heated discussion in trying to edumacate an idiot, that no matter if you give a subjective or objective view, they can't get it through their thick skull... :sqntfawk:
Ok since you are so credible please tell me which driving schools you have attended and how many times you have raced on a road couse. Get it through your head that magazine times arent the final source. Take your daddies 745 to a road coarse and watch it get raped by any current AMG. Like I said before....I drove a 745i with 19s when they first came out and have driven a CLK55 AMG numerous times. The CLK55 handles better and if your dad ever lets you run it at a track you will realize this. BTW the SLK32 AMG outhandles that rediculous number posted by R&T.

BTW heres an comparo article of the XJR, E55, and M5. Doesnt say anything about how the AMG cant handle.

But after a couple of sessions in the car, these niggles were supplanted by praise for the taut chassis and immense capabilities turned out by AMG. "This thing has the grip of an insurance salesman," an editor wrote. Indeed it does, for the big Michelin tires don't begin to slide until you are cornering at 0.90 g. The sticky rubber also combines with the powerful brakes to halt the car from 70 mph in 161 feet.

This grip, combined with tightly controlled suspension motions and excellent balance, makes for a car that's easy to drive quickly. The E55 shrugs off a throttle lift in an unexpectedly tight corner. It switches directions rapidly in high-speed esses. And you can readily ease on the power to rocket out of even tight corners. As a result, at Nelson Ledges the AMG car lapped 2.6 seconds quicker than the XJR.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:01 PM
Ain't No Other...

Ok since you are so credible please tell me which driving schools you have attended and how many times you have raced on a road couse. Get it through your head that magazine times arent the final source. Take your daddies 745 to a road coarse and watch it get raped by any current AMG. Like I said before....I drove a 745i with 19s when they first came out and have driven a CLK55 AMG numerous times. The CLK55 handles better and if your dad ever lets you run it at a track you will realize this. BTW the SLK32 AMG outhandles that rediculous number posted by R&T.

BTW heres an comparo article of the XJR, E55, and M5. Doesnt say anything about how the AMG cant handle.

But after a couple of sessions in the car, these niggles were supplanted by praise for the taut chassis and immense capabilities turned out by AMG. "This thing has the grip of an insurance salesman," an editor wrote. Indeed it does, for the big Michelin tires don't begin to slide until you are cornering at 0.90 g. The sticky rubber also combines with the powerful brakes to halt the car from 70 mph in 161 feet.

This grip, combined with tightly controlled suspension motions and excellent balance, makes for a car that's easy to drive quickly. The E55 shrugs off a throttle lift in an unexpectedly tight corner. It switches directions rapidly in high-speed esses. And you can readily ease on the power to rocket out of even tight corners. As a result, at Nelson Ledges the AMG car lapped 2.6 seconds quicker than the XJR.
Honestly, I have never been to a driving school, will have opportunities in the future though, but I can honestly say I have driven just about any car ranging in different performances and price, since I have been driving, New 96 Nissan 240 SE lowered with RS-R springs, which was one of the best handling sport coupes at the time in its price range, My current modded TL which is a dog handling wise, and I know, 1998 MB C320 Sport, 1999 MB E420, 94 Lexus LS400, 2001.5 Passat V6, 2001 Acura RL, 2000 Landcruiser, 1997 Landcruiser, 1998 Prelude SH, 1998 Integra GS-R, 2000 BMW 3-Series...with these cars under my belt I can give you a value judgment on my part, btw the C320 MB was our car so I can honestly say that MB handling is not that good, it's not an AMG but far as I know AMG models and Sport models share similar handling characteristics, SLK32 by the nature of it's size and weight, should defineatly handle better, but remember you said the E55 would run circles around the 7-series...but when i give you objective figures, you go and mention other cars, what is this??? Just admit MB was NEVER known for their handling...matter of fact, it actually lags for how much they cost...and also I don't see that many people taking their MB's to roadcourses, many more porsches, audis, bmws, ferrari's and the likes...
Old 08-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Honestly, I have never been to a driving school, will have opportunities in the future though, but I can honestly say I have driven just about any car ranging in different performances and price, since I have been driving, New 96 Nissan 240 SE lowered with RS-R springs, which was one of the best handling sport coupes at the time in its price range, My current modded TL which is a dog handling wise, and I know, 1998 MB C320 Sport, 1999 MB E420, 94 Lexus LS400, 2001.5 Passat V6, 2001 Acura RL, 2000 Landcruiser, 1997 Landcruiser, 1998 Prelude SH, 1998 Integra GS-R, 2000 BMW 3-Series...with these cars under my belt I can give you a value judgment on my part, btw the C320 MB was our car so I can honestly say that MB handling is not that good, it's not an AMG but far as I know AMG models and Sport models share similar handling characteristics, SLK32 by the nature of it's size and weight, should defineatly handle better, but remember you said the E55 would run circles around the 7-series...but when i give you objective figures, you go and mention other cars, what is this??? Just admit MB was NEVER known for their handling...matter of fact, it actually lags for how much they cost...and also I don't see that many people taking their MB's to roadcourses, many more porsches, audis, bmws, ferrari's and the likes...

My intentions in this thread wasnt to be an ass or anything like that. I have also driven many cars such as a M3 , an S54 M coupe, C5 auto, CLK55, and Z06. I love Bimmers and I have had a chance to drive many of them over the last few years b/c thats what my parents drive. We used to have a 98' 740iL and currently have a 330i sport. My dad waited 6 months for the 745i, but he didnt like it and went with a 02' A8L. There is no comparison between the performance of the 7 vs A8.

MB's have never been know for handling and thats definetly something I agree on. But the AMG models handle a lot differently from their sport conterparts. Drive a E430 sport and then a E55 and you will know what Im talking about. And Yes if you were to run a E55 or CLK55 vs a 745 with 19s on a tight road course it wouldnt be pretty. The 745i compares more to the S55 AMG or S500 sport. Those are its direct competitors.

I went to Gingerman raceway last week with my Maxima and a couple of friends. I personally saw a 996 TT, S4, modded 02 M3, E36 M3, and Z06 run. All of these cars were owned by my friends, so it probably isnt the normal showing. Out of all of the cars there the Z06 was the fastest street car running the track, but then again it was running on DOT slicks.

BTW....I mention other cars such as the 330i sport vs 745i figures because you and I know which car is better handler. It also proves that you cant rely on Mag figures all they time because they differ due to conditions, driver, etc.