I think talk radio just loosened one of my tweeters!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think talk radio just loosened one of my tweeters!

So I had some AM talk radio on for part of my ride home tonight and I noticed near the end I was getting some of that nasty sound when a speaker is starting to break, out of the front right tweeter by the mirror. Then I switched to CD and it was still there a little. It wasn't really loud or bad yet, only noticeable on certain decibels, but maybe there's a little tear in the cone now or something. Ugh.

You know how sometimes you need to have the volume up a little louder than normal to be able to make out certain voices on AM radio? I think that's what happened and then it went to a commercial and that might have damaged the speaker or something before I could turn it back down a couple notches.

Come on Bose, you gotta be able to handle some talk radio! Heck, isn't the CL/TL marketed for the middle-aged people who all listen to talk radio anyway?

Anyway hopefully it'll be fine tomorrow.

But if not - if you lost a speaker, would you replace it with a stock one or upgrade to something else?
Old 02-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probibly keep it stock unless I was planning on doing work on the system anyways. At the least you would have to replace both of the speaker (rear deck, door, and Tweeter) to keep a balance in the sound. And even then I no sound expert but I woul think a specialized speaker like a tweeter would need to be pretty well matched to the rest of the spectrum and it might be hard to match an aftermarket tweeter to the stock speakers. Also if you broke the speaker listening to the radio and not maxed out it should be covered under warranty.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alas, it would be very hard to prove that, no?