I bet I'm dumber than you!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Clemson Tiger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet I'm dumber than you!

Tonight I found this awesome place to take pics of my car.
I drive off the road onto this path to take the shots and my camera battery dies right before I get them...
Then while backing up to get to the place where I can get off the path, I run into a bench.
My rear bumper has a dentish thing with scratches and the exhaust is knocked in like an inch
FML!!!!

BUT: I've got a friend who is gonna try to help me fix it on sunday and we're gonna test fit his extra mufflers with quad tips. This could turn out to be a good thing, we'll see
Old 06-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Be more careful!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear that!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Clemson Tiger

Originally Posted by BigLizard

Be more careful!
Ya no more offroading! lol

Originally Posted by princelybug
That sucks. Sorry to hear that!
Ya it does! haha
Old 06-06-2009, 03:18 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Haha...damn man! :shakehead
Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Clemson Tiger

So.. The B pipe was bent in my collision with said bench.

I'm gonna have to get a muffler shop to bend it back
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 2 years when you "back" into the wrong girl and you have a kid, you can pass the story on!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Pilot Extraordinaire

Yup! You are dumber than me.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Tokin up in

I Can top that!! Cuz Im Dumber LOL. Let my little sister(18 yrs) Drive my car (01 CL-S AT) on county road. Its late Nite bout 12am and she ask me to drive since its a open straight road. We swap seats and she gets car in gear(Reverse). Like an ass i dnt check the gear and i tell her to go. She Guns the hell out of the car and ends up about 40 feet back in a ditch. ended up knocking off Fog cover and breaking front bumber. Now its all crap lookin. Had to jab bumber pieces into place. So now i have my car with a funked up front bumber and a missin fog lite cover. DAM!!! Hopes that make me Dumber LOL.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Tokin up in

Smile

Sorry!!! Pic was a little to big
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Pro

Ok I have got you both beat

Picture this, I am going out to a car meet at a beach access on a friday night. Meanwhile there is bike week going on in myrtle beach, there were a lot of people out that night. The only reason I even went out there was because my little brother (16yrs old) and his friend was in town, so he wanted me to take them out somewhere (cool). Ok so picture this I am rolling up to the access roll down my window to say hey to people, turns out I knew a lot of people there, so naturally I was feeling pretty cool until!!!!!! I went to back up into a spot lol. There was a tall sign that i did not see, b/c my back window is tinted and the sign was so tall all I could of seen in my rear view was the skinny pole. So I gave it gas and Crunch!!!!. There were about 30 bikers on the sidewalk just laughing at me, I was like omg wtf I am pissed!! I get out and the back bumper is totally smashed along with my tail light. Yeah so you could only imajin how dumb I felt after that one.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Clemson Tiger

Dang! So.. davepaul is the winner! hahah that for real does suck though I would die.

My first "accident" was running into a video dropoff box at Hollywood Video in front of a bunch of kids from my school when I was 15.. so I understand your embarassment
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Jake 6MT
Dang! So.. davepaul is the winner! hahah that for real does suck though I would die.

My first "accident" was running into a video dropoff box at Hollywood Video in front of a bunch of kids from my school when I was 15.. so I understand your embarassment
wow that's a good one! Ok here is the one that take the cake tho. My junior year of hs, I am 2nd in line to pull out of the school. My friend is in front of me whit his 1999 mustang cobra (only had it for about 2 weeks) the security guards give up the go. This is where it gets good, my buddy makes a left gets on it to hard. The ass end keeps going on the grass/on the road/on the grass/ on the road all in between telephone poles. Mind you all the buses are packed with students along with all the juniors/seniors that drive are sitting in line all watching this happen. I thought he we going to pull it off and not hit any of the poles then smack!! he slams his ass end right into a pole and makes his car do a 180. Air bags are out, back end demolished, the whole 9. The worse part was the audience he had, lol. It was like a bad dream when i was watching it, unbelievable!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:19 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

This is like...

The Darwin Awards for CL's. Have to have seen the book to know what I'm talking about...otherwise doesn't make sense.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,422 Likes on 4,953 Posts
Originally Posted by davepaul033
wow that's a good one! Ok here is the one that take the cake tho. My junior year of hs, I am 2nd in line to pull out of the school. My friend is in front of me whit his 1999 mustang cobra (only had it for about 2 weeks) the security guards give up the go. This is where it gets good, my buddy makes a left gets on it to hard. The ass end keeps going on the grass/on the road/on the grass/ on the road all in between telephone poles. Mind you all the buses are packed with students along with all the juniors/seniors that drive are sitting in line all watching this happen. I thought he we going to pull it off and not hit any of the poles then smack!! he slams his ass end right into a pole and makes his car do a 180. Air bags are out, back end demolished, the whole 9. The worse part was the audience he had, lol. It was like a bad dream when i was watching it, unbelievable!!!
LOL

The first week I had the CL, I was pulling into my garage and was still used to the short hood and good turning radius of my Prelude. Inched up slightly and heard an odd noise. It sounded like a soda can was being crushed. The crushing sound was my garage trim. My bumper was rubbing on it. The bumper had a big 5" scrape right on the corner of the passenger side. I then thought that I could "fix" it with some touch up paint. Now I not only have a mismatched 5" spot, but its also wavey and not glossy.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Haha, I got one for you guys. I'm coming home with my friend in his Evo tagging along. It had rained earlier so the streets are wet as can be. We both pull up to the light, and I tell him we should go from a dig (haha fwd vs awd under wet conditions!). I flip my switch for the nitrous and take off. It immediately spins to 8k and I end up with 12 bent exhaust valves and blown head gaskets. Haha
Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
I tried to put my car on ghetto ramps. used 2 pieces of wood about a curb high and a curb wide and 2-3 feet long. had to gas it pretty hard since it was a straight climb up. i got it on the wood but i heard a BANG! the wood flew up and slammed against my bumper. now the paint is messed up.

i got one about turning to close to a pole and scraped the corner of my bumper and turning to early and scraped a car with my rear quarter on the first day of college in the parking garage.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Cocoa
Haha, I got one for you guys. I'm coming home with my friend in his Evo tagging along. It had rained earlier so the streets are wet as can be. We both pull up to the light, and I tell him we should go from a dig (haha fwd vs awd under wet conditions!). I flip my switch for the nitrous and take off. It immediately spins to 8k and I end up with 12 bent exhaust valves and blown head gaskets. Haha
Damm and you didn't even hit anything!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
To many cars in my garage

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This didnt cost me much but the other day like a week ago I was installing my transmission cooler and I forgot to do the clips up that hold the plastic cover for the undercagiage on.

So I went on the highway and I ripped off all the plastic including the ones that are in the wheel wells and hit it. I pulled over picked up the trashed piece that goes in the middle of the car (that i ran over ) and tuck the inner wheel well things back in then I noticed people are honking

I look In the middle of the road and see my CAI filter rolling around. then Smash a transport hit it and obliterated it any ways I pretty much had to limp home LOL
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 PM

Oh, Ive got another one for you guys.

About a month ago, I was driving home from work after a very long (I think it was a 14hr day) and decided to go to the wing spot to get dinner. The wing place is situated on a road that has a divider, so I have to go the light and make a u-turn. There's a break in traffic so I start to go. Then I remember the CLs lovely turning radius. I got half way through the turn and realized that I couldn't make it. Traffic was getting closer. So in my haste I throw it into reverse and start to release the clutch. I didn't put it all the way into gear, so it grinds, and the car rolls forward and into the curb, scratching the bottom of my bumper. Then I finally get it into reverse, back up, and get into the parking lot, all while stopping traffic and having everyone in the parking lot seeing me grind gears and mess my bumper up.

Fun times.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Clemson Tiger

This thread is the FML of Acurazine. hahahha
Old 06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MrFluffy
This didnt cost me much but the other day like a week ago I was installing my transmission cooler and I forgot to do the clips up that hold the plastic cover for the undercagiage on.

So I went on the highway and I ripped off all the plastic including the ones that are in the wheel wells and hit it. I pulled over picked up the trashed piece that goes in the middle of the car (that i ran over ) and tuck the inner wheel well things back in then I noticed people are honking

I look In the middle of the road and see my CAI filter rolling around. then Smash a transport hit it and obliterated it any ways I pretty much had to limp home LOL
i did that but it was to my left fenderwell trim. the tire rubbed a big hole in it and now where the intake resonator spot was, i can touch it. at least my air filter is getting plenty cold air
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 AM

carefull it doesnt spit mud and water in there
Old 06-10-2009, 01:22 AM

All the guest are probably looking at this going these guys cant drive LOL
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Lol.

Ive got one more story before I go to sleep.

Back in my younger days when I had my Prelude I decided it would be an excellent idea to replace the clutch and flywheel with an aftermarket clutch and lightweight flywheel by myself. I've swapped trannies on my old Civic, so how hard could it be I told myself. Well, I started it early one morning and by the end of the day I had the car all back together. I go to start it and I am greeted with the nastiest most brain numbing shreek Ive ever heard. That was sign #1.

I obsessed over it for a few days, thinking that it was the starter. After awhile it began to get somewhat better, but it was still there. Then one day I am driving home from picking up some parts at the dealer. I pull out of the parking lot and rip through 1st and into 2nd. I let off the gas and the revs hang and I noticed something was wrong. Sign #2.

I didnt hear anything while stopped so I drive another block to the next light. Now the engine is making a loud knocking noise. Sign #3.

I pulled into a parking lot and shut the car off right away. I thought I had spun a rod bearing. I called AAA for a tow.

As it turns out, it wasnt a rod bearing. It was my stupidity. I was pretty sure I had tightened all the flywheel bolts down properly, but alas I had not. ALL of them backed out, and three of the pressure plate bolts loosened because of it. My brand new clutch was destroyed, the pressure plate was bent, and the flywheel was warped. That was a very expensive mistake, but a valuable lesson; always double check torque specs, and use Loctite.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MrFluffy
carefull it doesnt spit mud and water in there
i opened the airbox after it rained one day and there was no moisture inside. i think if you dont VTEC it, your okay.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM

But I love poppin my V-TECHs.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
But I love poppin my V-TECHs.
you love punching your phones?

lol well as long as i dont do it in the rain or deep puddles im okay.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
haha.. nice..

TL can join to??

so i'm leaving my school.. kid crosses the exit.. right when he exits.. i make a right.. then i notice in the corner of my eye a black RSX ran a red and was on my lane so i swerve to the right holding the accelerator........ next thing...

people said there was no RSX but i saw one..

unless i got mind fucked..
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM

Oooof. You win.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Drifting

Left my car in gear because I was jacking up the wheel that the hand break uses. (I usually park in neutral). The reason is because I have a remote starter that has no saftey. If you hit start the car starts regardless of anything else...

Anyway it was parked in my buddies garage and it starts and torques right into the wall pushes the 2x4s off the base and cracks his tub shower which is on the other side of the wall... Luckily for me the car has no real noticeable damage except for a small circle where the plastic is barely pushed in from the head of a nail.

So that's my story advising against aftermarket starters on MT vehicles =)
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 PM

Lol, my friend did something like that, right in front of a club in NY. He had remote start in his Civic and decided to hit the button. He left it in first and the hopped the curb and hit a tree. It was the funniest shit Ive ever seen, and the bouncer at the club came over and gave him a hug for making his day.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Drifting

Lol, my friend did something like that, right in front of a club in NY. He had remote start in his Civic and decided to hit the button. He left it in first and the hopped the curb and hit a tree. It was the funniest shit Ive ever seen, and the bouncer at the club came over and gave him a hug for making his day.
I get real nervous anytime anyone does any work with it or drives it because it's a habit for most people to park MTs in gear.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Oh, Ive got another one for you guys.

About a month ago, I was driving home from work after a very long (I think it was a 14hr day) and decided to go to the wing spot to get dinner. The wing place is situated on a road that has a divider, so I have to go the light and make a u-turn. There's a break in traffic so I start to go. Then I remember the CLs lovely turning radius. I got half way through the turn and realized that I couldn't make it. Traffic was getting closer. So in my haste I throw it into reverse and start to release the clutch. I didn't put it all the way into gear, so it grinds, and the car rolls forward and into the curb, scratching the bottom of my bumper. Then I finally get it into reverse, back up, and get into the parking lot, all while stopping traffic and having everyone in the parking lot seeing me grind gears and mess my bumper up.

Fun times.
happened to me yesterday!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Clemson Tiger

josh it looks like your tl barely missed falling into that pit thing!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jake 6MT

nice
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Tokin up in

Good job Guys. I feel A whole lot better knowing im not the only 1 out there jacking up there cars LOL
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
make it sticky
Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,469 Likes on 3,063 Posts
Love the title Sorry about the bad luck in this thread