Hunting on Saturday Night...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hunting on Saturday Night...

Let's see...Saturday night was pretty dead, didn't do much but get some coffee and chill until 130am. Piled in my friend's ricesteamer, I would say riceburner but it doesn't have enough power to burn anything!!!
We headed south on 19th ave. and get down to about Quintara and then, a Civic HB, Integ, and s2000 all show up....hehehe...being that my friend has 4 people and a slushbox in his car...those guys ate him up!! This got me pumped!! I grabbed my car and we went hunting.... ...We went into the parking lot at Stonestown where that HB and Integ went to meet their friends...but they didn't seem like they wanted any...so, I went out on my own. Driving around aimlessly...I end up back at Stonestown on 19th and I see this Civc and this Integ...my friend says they're boosted...a challenge!!! I get even with the Integ at a stoplight and then we launch...I must have ended about 2 car lengths ahead of him...let off the gas and then his turbo finishes spooling...HAHAHA...my friend told me later that the guy was bitching about what a POS his turbo was.....NEXT!!!
I head downtown for a little R&R in TL...we were cruising around checking the hookers..that took about 20 minutes...and then we got bored...headed west on Geary Blvd..always ricers around there. Lo and behold...an Audi a4 wants to push me...he gives up after I launch on him, but then a 2000 c43 pulls up...after beating on a prelude...So, we go at it...I have to admit it was pretty even....but I took him...I think he was surprised at how hard my car pulls. We do this stoplight to stoplight thing all the way down to 23rd ave...where he pulls into a parking space to go and eat..Not bad...pretty satisfied..scared as all hell because Geary Blvd in the Avenues is usually a big speed trap, but then I found out that a 4runner had flipped and rolled at 33rd ave and 2 people died. Sad. I think they were drinking...no skid marks...just shattered class at the impact of the 4runner and the curb and about 15 ft away..the 4runner on its side.
Man...bad things...but anyway, I head back south on Great Highway...and what pulls up!?! The ubiquitous Civic...he revs on me...wrong thing, buddy..you better have a turbo or an engine swap to compete with me....smoke him off the line...2-3 car lengths before I start pumping my pedal...creating a jerking motion and he still couldn't catch up...so, one of his friends pulls up...I'm thinking that they better bring up they're heavy hitters...so what do they bring up!?! A civic si!!! HAHAHAH....I thought that it might be something fast...but I ended up doing the same thing and doing my rev/release...I know that I'm going to hell!! (Just waiting for you drchang!!!)
After smoking some civics...especially, the all-powerful SI...heheheh...I head onto Skyline...and what do I see!?! A Mustang...5.0LX...hatchback..I think an 88..regardless, he thinks that he can just pull away....nope...just pacing him...I think he got pissed and stopped...cause he couldn't keep up anymore...
And, finally, headed back to my friend's place...I had lost my friend in his ricesteamer...hehehe...and we hooked back up with him again, but saw some more rice and he couldn't keep up...tsk tsk...
Now, for the main event....headed North back on 19th ave...I see an M3, probably just came from the club...cuz his passenger looked knocked out. Get to Taraval and we go...I lose traction on the streetcar tracks and he beats me...I get the jump on him at the next light...he starts cheating by getting a rolling start on the next 2 times..I win one and he wins one...not bad!! I think that it was pretty fair...I think I could take one though....because
A) He cheated at the light by rolling.
B) I was hotdogging too much with my wheelspin.
and
C) I had 3 people...he had 2...that doesn't really matter...just threw it in there..
But it was a really good race!!!
After all that...decided not to push my luck anymore...and went home...loving my car even more than usual...

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
Old 05-15-2001, 12:56 AM
Intermediate

What color was the S2k? Personalized plates? Just wonderin, cuz I saw the same one on 19th twice. Ran twice one time, the other time we didn't line up. Dude was pretty cool.

2000 C43 eh? I'm a little doubtful of that one....I know of one that'll race ya

------------------
'01 S4
Old 05-15-2001, 02:40 AM
Burning Brakes

I'd say nice kills -- but I believe you on all except the M3 and the C43 --> I'm not calling you out, I'm just doubtful. I raced a C36 the other night (supposedly they are very very similar in performance to C43's) and you can refer to my post in CarTalk --> it was very even until I forgot to shift into 3rd and banged off my rev lim. 'bout four times at 80 mph --> at which point he was starting to pull on me. Never raced a C43, but I gotta believe that 302 hp V8 could pull a little harder than a modded Type S. M3 -- was it automatic? ..

Interesting thing about MB's .. don't know if it's true about ///AMG's --> but in the E430, similar engine to C43, when you stomp on it (i test drove it b'fore buying the E320), it slowly eases into the powerband -- no peeling out. MB Tech told me they are engineered that way -- they are supposed to be very subtle and poor stoplight racers. Go figure. It didn't have that torky pull of the TL-S, but once it got to a rolling start (still very quick) it picked up tons of steam.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
White Diamond Pearl/Parchment
Bone Stock
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1629963&a=12459969&f=0
" TARGET=_blank>Click Here for Pics!
</A>
Old 05-15-2001, 03:56 AM
Racer

Not to be mean monster... but according to ur story, are you trying to say you are the fastest car on the street, that you can beat everyone.... But when you get beat, they cheated? Or does that mean, when you win, they are slow, but when you win, they cheated? Hmm, thats fair!

------------------
Edward
99TL, 01 CLP with stuff.
Houston(Sugarland),TX
Old 05-15-2001, 03:56 AM
Racer

oops, sorry, i mean MoonMaster....

------------------
Edward
99TL, 01 CLP with stuff.
Houston(Sugarland),TX
Old 05-15-2001, 03:57 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by laser1180:
Not to be mean monster... but according to ur story, are you trying to say you are the fastest car on the street, that you can beat everyone.... But when you get beat, they cheated? Or does that mean, when you win, they are slow, but when you win, they cheated? Hmm, thats fair!

</font>
Damn soo many typo, I mean when you win, they are slow; but when THEY win, they cheated?

------------------
Edward
99TL, 01 CLP with stuff.
Houston(Sugarland),TX
Old 05-15-2001, 10:32 AM
9th Gear

Good point Laser. He won all the races, but when the race that really matter'd came up, they cheated and he got a bad launch.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:04 PM
Banned

You can ask Chris...he was in the car...I wouldn't lie...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BSOD:
What color was the S2k? Personalized plates? Just wonderin, cuz I saw the same one on 19th twice. Ran twice one time, the other time we didn't line up. Dude was pretty cool.

2000 C43 eh? I'm a little doubtful of that one....I know of one that'll race ya

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-15-2001, 07:08 PM
Banned

I'm not saying that it wasn't a good race...all I said is that he cheated off the line..meaning that he was already rolling before the light changed...If I lost, I would admit it. So, don't test me...and by the way...my car isn't bone stock, if you look at my mods and compare them to the dyno'd hp for the guys with the same mods...you would see that my beating those cars isn't in the realm of impossiblity. BSOD, ask Chris and tell him to post on the board..he was in the car and will back every single statement I said.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by M3_owns_u:
Good point Laser. He won all the races, but when the race that really matter'd came up, they cheated and he got a bad launch.</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-15-2001, 09:06 PM
Intermediate

moo - not doubting you beat the MBZ, but just a little questionable if it was a real C43. Plus it coulda been he wasn't fully gunning it. Dunno. But, a kill's a kill. If they eff up shifting (not so much with the C43, since it's only auto), and you win, it's still a kill. (although I'm not quite sure if it auto shifts or not if you redline it....) We should probably test all this stuff out one of these days Just gotta find a nice safe spot to run in. (Jo just got an e36M3 too)

BTW you probably see Chris more than I do so...

As for the m3 thing, you should be able to hang with, if not edge out, a stock m3.

------------------
'01 S4
Old 05-15-2001, 09:22 PM
Banned

We going up tomorrow....I heard Benny blew a tire on his M3 too....hmmm, I think that we have to convince him to break in his tires at the track!!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BSOD:
moo - not doubting you beat the MBZ, but just a little questionable if it was a real C43. Plus it coulda been he wasn't fully gunning it. Dunno. But, a kill's a kill. If they eff up shifting (not so much with the C43, since it's only auto), and you win, it's still a kill. (although I'm not quite sure if it auto shifts or not if you redline it....) We should probably test all this stuff out one of these days Just gotta find a nice safe spot to run in. (Jo just got an e36M3 too)

BTW you probably see Chris more than I do so...

As for the m3 thing, you should be able to hang with, if not edge out, a stock m3.

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-16-2001, 02:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Modded CL-S w/ one extra person in it can edge out .. beat a stock Manual M3? Or a stock Auto M3 --

If manual -- I'd like to see that one in person, cuz you can just call me Mr. Skeptical.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
Bone Stock
</A>
Old 05-16-2001, 02:51 AM
Intermediate

Moo - you guys goin up to Sears? Last time I went up (first time too), only got two friggin runs in, just sat on my ass the rest of the time. Kinda waste of time IMO....Especially since it was only 1/8mi that day, and I only went up basically to time my car.

Don't think Ben wants to go yet cuz he's scared of stallin at the line (or that's what he said the last few times I asked him)

------------------
'01 S4
Old 05-16-2001, 09:11 PM
10th Gear

Yeah, blew out a tire on Sun.
Going to get new ones on Thur, so no Sears point for me.

BSOD:
Anytime anyplace
Old 05-16-2001, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

Moonmaster,

In my car's defense I have not lost to a CL-S yet. I'm slightly modded now, and it's not even close. Your cars can hang in on 2nd and 3rd gears, but once you hit 4th I walk away. I would back my words if I lived in the West Coast. Pick a buddy here in Houston, and we will run and post. I figure my equal would be WebToker who has headers, pulleys, CIA, Vtech Cont, Denso plugs.

------------------
'99 BMW M3
Dinan Stage II
Old 05-17-2001, 03:22 PM
Banned

I'm not saying YOUR car wouldn't take me...
You do have an upgraded one right? I have not in any way talked bad about the M3...I merely noted that I beat one...a stock one...but then again it is a fast car. How is it that when CLs beat M3s on a CL BOARD..THAT NO ONE CAN BELIEVE IT.....hmmm...something to think about. But anyway, I welcome your thoughts, regardless.

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars

[This message has been edited by moomaster_99 (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 03:26 PM
10th Gear

MOO,

What did you run yesterday?
Old 05-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Banned

Check the post on the Car Talk forum. Tobs...didn't do so well...

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-18-2001, 06:06 AM
non cl drvier

What's up guys!... long time no post. Been kind of busy. Well anyways, i can vouch for Moo's wins. I was sitting in his car all night long, well almsot every night that he runs. And yeah he never lies about his races, there's just no need to. O well. Good runs at the track Dus.

------------------
TOTOGSR
Old 05-18-2001, 03:12 PM
Banned

Told you guys...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drchang:
What's up guys!... long time no post. Been kind of busy. Well anyways, i can vouch for Moo's wins. I was sitting in his car all night long, well almsot every night that he runs. And yeah he never lies about his races, there's just no need to. O well. Good runs at the track Dus.

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.
I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Old 05-19-2001, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drchang:

</font>
Touche! Looks like it's time for me to start ordering mods for the ole' TL-S.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
Bone Stock
</A>
Old 05-21-2001, 03:30 PM
Banned

Why thank you...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TL_Type_S:
Touche! Looks like it's time for me to start ordering mods for the ole' TL-S.

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.
I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!