Huge inventory for Bay Area seekers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 02:48 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Huge inventory for Bay Area seekers

I went to Pleasanton Acura to have my Comptech sway bars installed !They support "Comptech" 100 %. They have the 2000 Customer Service Award from Acura. They had "Every" color CLS, TLS I've ever seen on one lot. They are 4 dealerships, Volvo, Acura, Lexus and Infiniti. Love the new Q45 ! Wow, what a nice car, kinda looks like the Audi 8 from the rear, but only in person ! SC430 in person, is one "eye" catcher ! Anyway, anyone in the market for a new Acura, check these guys out ! Why do they have many cars, because they sell alot !
Go figure !

Love the Sway bars !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-06-2001, 02:52 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SC430 in person is one ugly POS.

I couldn't believe any rich fool was stupid enough to buy one, but sure enough, a couple weeks ago I saw one.

-J

Just buy a frickin' Audi TT or VW New Beatle if you like that weird shape in a car that every other manufacturer seems to be coping these days (*cough Lexus sc430, *cough* Mazda RX-8, *cough* Nissan new Z). Ugh.

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-06-2001, 03:00 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

I fell in love with the LS430 fully loaded black one ! OMG, but 71K !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-07-2001, 05:47 AM
Ace rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
I went to Pleasanton Acura to have my Comptech sway bars installed !They support "Comptech" 100 %. They have the 2000 Customer Service Award from Acura. They had "Every" color CLS, TLS I've ever seen on one lot. They are 4 dealerships, Volvo, Acura, Lexus and Infiniti. Love the new Q45 ! Wow, what a nice car, kinda looks like the Audi 8 from the rear, but only in person ! SC430 in person, is one "eye" catcher ! Anyway, anyone in the market for a new Acura, check these guys out ! Why do they have many cars, because they sell alot !
Go figure !

Love the Sway bars !

</font>
I'm about to buy these, how much did they charge to install? I'm not too far from Pleasanton...thanks!

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 05-07-2001, 06:04 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
Go figure !

Love the Sway bars !

</font>
Fab, I got a quote from them, invoice + 800 I think. I'll have to say of all the dealerships in this area, only they would give me a quote without wasting my time. Did you get a sense they weren't selling the CL's? Want a low price you know
Old 05-07-2001, 03:12 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Fab,
Acura of PL is where I got my TL from. their prices for parts are pretty good compared to other dealers.

I know what you mean about the other cars there. The last time I had my car serviced, I took a stroll over the Lexus lot next door as well. OMFG!! I know what I want to get for my next car now... someday...

How much did the Sways run you? Or did you buy them somewhere else and have them install it?

------------------

Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 05-07-2001, 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

I'm curious about how much you paid for the sways as well... I've been thinking about it for a while now.

------------------
'01 CL-S
Satin Silver
Old 05-07-2001, 08:49 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Well, here is the story ! I was trying to create a relationship with the Concord dealership. That didn't do, they are idiots ! When I called them about Comptech, they were not supportive, so I thought, I'll call Comptech and ask them, who in the Bay area is competent with your products, he simply said "Acura of Pleasanton" ! So I called them and scheduled my 22500K service and install for the sway bars !
I PAID TO GET IT CORRECT ! Installation:
190.00, bought them from www.autoparts.com online. Arrived in two business days. Wayne from New Jersey said "just make sure they know what they are doing" ! That scared me, so I called Comptech and they sent me to Pleasanton. It was a great experience !

CLS' First in order for a dealership to have "huge" inventory, they have to sell a lot of cars ! They also have the 2000 Customer Service Award ! Acura is tuff to hand those out ! Dealerships have to sell a lot of cars ! They had every color, model I've ever seen on a lot. The sales people were pleasant. Service was excellent. I was able to look thru a window and watch the mechanic work on my car !

------------------
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 05-08-2001, 12:32 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Thanks for the info Fab. I'm considering either buying the car up here in NoCal, and if I do that, it'll prolly be from Pleasonton or from SoCal if it's considerably cheaper there. A general question I have for CL owners in the bay area is where did u buy from and were they courteous and competitve with financing, if you financed it?
Old 05-08-2001, 03:02 PM
dlp
Instructor

hellawhat-

I bought mine from Oakland Acura. I went in and had everything wrapped up pretty quickly (about 3 hours total). They were very competitive (I also checked out Hopkins Acura), and the financing was pretty good. They quoted me one rate and as I met with them, they lowered it a little bit due to my credit history. I enjoyed the experience at Oakland Acura. I may go to Pleasanton Acura for a fair amount of my servicing though since it is a little closer to me... good luck.

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV & Spoiler. San Marino Red/Parchment int.
20% tint rear, 30% tint rear sides. Purchased 2/28/01.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1584587&a=12058921

1999 Honda VFR800FI San Marino Red, TBR X-Metal Hi pipe with K&N Filter. Purchased 9/9/99.