How many of you guys have been broken into?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
*6MT*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many of you guys have been broken into?

I'm contemplating buying an Avic D3 soon, but one of my main concerns is theft.

Are CL's known for being broken into? I know that RSX's and Integras are pretty high on the list.

How many of you guys have been robbed, or broken into before?

My car has 15% tint at the moment, i may be making it darker...out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car had an attempted break in...they shattered my window but my roommates alarm went off also (think they bumped his car) and scared them away...Tint does not make them leave it alone...the darker it is means there's more to hide to them. So changing your tint wont really make as much of a difference...especially that you already have 15%. The only thing to ensure it doesnt get stolen is a good alarm (two way clifford) and dont bring too much attention to it...turn it down when around sketchy places and hook it up to your dimmer...that way you can control the brightness...hope that helps your decision...

I have the d3 and i love it....it looks so flush with our cars too...only thing tho is that it is a single slot and you cant play cd's and use nav at the same time...you have to switch out...but if you get a ipod that will solve your problem...just a fyi...check avic411.com you should get good info on it...
Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
It's WPB, unless your in the hood you really have nothing to worry about. You can add a shock sensor or 2 to the stock alarm(info in FAQ) so the breaking of the window or movement will set it off. I've done that more for someone stealing the HID lights.
Just park smart & you should be ok. The CLS isn't a theft magnet.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
It's WPB, unless your in the hood you really have nothing to worry about. You can add a shock sensor or 2 to the stock alarm(info in FAQ) so the breaking of the window or movement will set it off. I've done that more for someone stealing the HID lights.
Just park smart & you should be ok. The CLS isn't a theft magnet.
Whats WPB??? and you are right...you can add shock sensors to the factory alarm...i plan on going remote start so thats why i suggested the two way...

Fuzzy is right tho...the cls isnt a theft magnet...its a old lady car :wink:
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AcUrAge703
Whats WPB??? and you are right...you can add shock sensors to the factory alarm...i plan on going remote start so thats why i suggested the two way...

Fuzzy is right tho...the cls isnt a theft magnet...its a old lady car :wink:
LOL, old lady car.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Any vehicle will be broken into if you leave things on the seats, park in a bad area, etc. If you mean 'stolen for parts' I would think the chances are lower due to the fact that no many CLs were sold. Accords and Civics are so high on the list because so many were sold and their parts become valuable as the cars get older.

There is one double DIN stereo that has a removable face although I can't find the link to it right now.

This guy has a good suggestion (last post):

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/i-c-e-se...available.html

A reason I bought a CL is because it fades into the background and nobody notices it. That's probably a reason why so few were sold but, for me, it's a bonus!

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
I'm contemplating buying an Avic D3 soon, but one of my main concerns is theft.

Are CL's known for being broken into? I know that RSX's and Integras are pretty high on the list.

How many of you guys have been robbed, or broken into before?

My car has 15% tint at the moment, i may be making it darker...out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
sIx SpEeD

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
just make a black cloth cover or something that slides over the screen so it looks like u dont have anything... lol thats what i would try to make if i had one..
Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
or put ur stereo in ur glove box!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
*6MT*

My school is probably a mile or two away from the real "hood"

I was just wondering if it was a theft magnet of any sort.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

dont bring attention wont get any...
Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
*6MT*

Originally Posted by AcUrAge703
dont bring attention wont get any...

Very true. I don't normally play my music loud, if ever. And the only thing thats gettin done to the car is gettin lowered. I don't think it will be an attention grabber.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

i have rims, tint, shiny exhaust, and im dropped...i have been to a good amount of dangerous "hood" area's and so far so good...but i do pay attention to my surroundings...

or maybe its because im black...
Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Racer

I have had a z1 in my car for a couple years now, and have not had a problem yet..*knock on wood* I used to have tint but D.C. police made me remove it. I have no tint, but I keep a folder from school and put it right over it everytime I get out of my car. I usually turn the music down a couple blocks out. Unfortunately I work in a not so good neighborhood and people get their windows broken for anything. I do have a pager alarm which has done the trick so far.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my CL was broken into twice, both times via broken window.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got broken into the first week I bought my car. Had my ipod stolen with me and my ex's name engraved on it.

Now I have a clifford 2-way pager. So nothing has happened yet. I have a driveway now so if I hear anything. I can come running out with my 4-foot sword and its not going to be pretty.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Never been broken into, but then again never really park anywhere sketchy... I work from home, so it's never an issue during the day. I would just not attract any attention to your car and you should be fine. Decent alarm, good keyless entry and anti theft stuff on CL should keep your stuff pretty safe.

I used to worry like crazy in my 1st Gen TL because it has frameless windows and it would be real easy to stick a close hanger inbetween the window down to the door lock. Had 5%'s on that ride.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
White as night.

Shit happened to me last night when I was sleeping.

That's pretty much all the damage. The navigation and subwoofers are still in place.

This is what it looked like before:

Old 09-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Damn Corrosion, sorry to hear that. I hope those guys get whats coming to them. Is insurance going to pay for the damages?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Corrosion
Shit happened to me last night when I was sleeping.

That's pretty much all the damage. The navigation and subwoofers are still in place.

This is what it looked like before:

Damn...im sorry to hear that man...it def was a nice setup...hope they didnt get your iphone with it....

I fucking hate theifs...what goes around comes around...they'll get there's...karma is a bitch...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
¿baCon?

sorry corrosion.... dude i got a code 3 alarm w/ pager and shock/tilt sensors (if the car is jacked up it will go off too) invest in it bro.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:11 PM
*6MT*

Corrosion,

Did alot of people know you had a system? 5% is pretty tough to walk by and see that you have a system in there. I'm sorry that happend man!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
White as night.

5% Tint is only on the rear windows. As per California law (read: too many fuckin tickets) I no longer have front window tint.

Insurance is paying for the window + tint but the stereo I gotta cover.

iPhone wasn't taken, had it with me. But my school backpack was dug through.

Digital camera in rear center console still in place, Alpine Blackbird in glove box also present.

It looks like they took their time with it. I had every single one of those screws was tightly in place (recently installed the Double DIN bracket [which they also broke] from uncald4). Most screws are lying around the cabin.

Edit:

This was at a bus station parking lot overnight. So I kinda had it coming to me but I had no way of getting back to my car before morning.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

This was at a bus station parking lot overnight. So I kinda had it coming to me but I had no way of getting back to my car before morning.
yup that will do it...seems like they knew what they were going for...if they went through your bag they were only looking for big money items...hence leaving the camera...and obviously smart and left the blackbird...

all that effort into doing something wrong ...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 PM
¿baCon?

corrosion, been there before bro, the feelin sucks, just wanna find that kid whoop his ass, and tell him to get a f*&**** job.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
*6MT*

Yeah, i really don't understand theft. at all.

If I ever heard of a friend stealing anything, or defacing a vehicle in any way, i'd open up a can.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
i'd been cheaper if they had broken the front window.
but hope u find them and run them over!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 PM
White as night.

Originally Posted by 01type-S
i'd been cheaper if they had broken the front window.
but hope u find them and run them over!
Been there too. I've had my front pass. window broken in L.A. once and my rear window cracked (and barely held on by tint) in Santa Barbara.

As I said before, the insurance is covering the window + tint (thought it would be a good idea a long time ago to get ZERO deductible) but the loss of my stereo is really pissing me off.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 PM
¿baCon?

Just out of curiousity, if your alarm was on, they would have had to climb through that little ass back window and do the damage, because if they opened the door it would go off..... right?

at least they didnt do to much damage, i had a tundra, they stole the whole truck, cops found it 16-18 hours later, motor/tranny gone, seats gone, tailgate gone, doors gone, windshield/rearglass gone, wheels, brakes, rotors, ball joints, all gone. at least you had amateurs
Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 PM
White as night.

Right. But if it's the middle of the night in a parking lot, who really has time to go check why the fuck that car alarm is going off.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 AM
¿baCon?

true that. however, i'd put on my sherlock holmes hat and investigate it

anyway, what are you gonna do about a headunit and stuff now?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:17 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

That sucks Corrosion.

You had a sweet setup.

This break in thing leaves me sort of paranoid at nights.

My girlfriend had her Accord broken into on my block 4 months ago and I saw another person have their shit broken into a month ago.

All on my block...kinda sketchy.

Sometimes I feel like I have some psychic "jedi mind" shit going on and think I feel like some one is jacking my shit so I randomly go check on my car.

Luckily...hasn't ever happened...knock on wood.

"Paranoia will destroy ya"
Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Tint is almost worthless but I think it has an effect.

Robber might not know if it is worth the risk and go for the easy kills that has visible items.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:30 AM
White as night.

Originally Posted by swoleCL
true that. however, i'd put on my sherlock holmes hat and investigate it

anyway, what are you gonna do about a headunit and stuff now?
Just gonna snag up a used Alpine IVA-W200 from eBay, they left my Blackbird and all my connections so it should fit like a glove. I do have to get new screws everywhere though. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Racer

I've been broken into in front of my house. They pulled everything out of my glove box, nothing. Looked in my center console, took my lazer pointer. (jokes on them, they'll probably mess up their eyesight with it, they flash it on a white wall less then 10 feet away and it will do damage to their eyes, let alone a direct hit. Fucking loved that thing. Good ole star pointer.)Trunk was poped, nothing in there, thank god. Tried to steal my car. I found a shaved key broken off in my ignition, fucking noobs, lol. (just the thing i want to do before leaving for work). BTW have i mentioned my 91 integra was stolen from in front of my house, only reason i bought this car. I swear i have the worst luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:13 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,333 Posts
Been there too. I've had my front pass. window broken in L.A. once and my rear window cracked (and barely held on by tint) in Santa Barbara.

As I said before, the insurance is covering the window + tint (thought it would be a good idea a long time ago to get ZERO deductible) but the loss of my stereo is really pissing me off.

Sorry that happened. I added my system to my insurance for about 7 bucks a month for 2500 worth of coverage. Worth the peace of mind imho.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 AM

^ That is a good idea.

Got to look into that for my insurance.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know if u would consider this being broken into?

I dont know if u would consider this being broken into but someone stole satilite radio and a passport from inside my car while it was parked in the driveway. I left the doors unlocked so it was my own fault!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
¿baCon?

Originally Posted by StonedCL
I dont know if u would consider this being broken into but someone stole satilite radio and a passport from inside my car while it was parked in the driveway. I left the doors unlocked so it was my own fault!!!
they stole your passport? damn, must have been "jason bourne"

seriously thats not cool, lol i live in a real nice neighborhood and when i dont park in the garage i always lock my car up tight and set the alarm. im even afraid to leave the sunroof tilted open
Old 09-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

You should call the bus station and ask if they have survallience cameras in the parking lot.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:32 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Yea this is what scares me about adding a double DIN... nobody's gonna mess with a 6 year old Pioneer.

Quick Reply: How many of you guys have been broken into?