how to clean the water spot on the paint?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 03:40 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to clean the water spot on the paint?

how to clean the water spot on the paint? anyone knows what kind of wax or car wash i should use to remove them? thanks

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 01-27-2001, 04:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
WEll i just wash the car again, and then take the wet car into the garage and wipe it down. Advoid the sun when the car is drying. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-27-2001, 04:17 PM
Advanced

The best way is prevention. This is my schedule. After it rains, at all possible times, I wash my car and DRY it. If it rains and I know it's going to rain the next day and if the sun don't come out, then I wash it and don't dry it. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before I got my "S" and did not dry it after I'd wash it and the water spots set in. And they were a bitch to get out. All that I was told to do is wash and wax it like hell and DRY it. Well all that waxing led to swirl marks, which I can't stand, so when I bought my "S" I was gonna swear to "say no to water spots". This is my regimen, I wash my car every other day, albeit, that it's warm enough outside and it's not going to rain the next day. This is the funny part, I'm religeous about drying my car so, when I do, I don't use terry cloth or chamois', because no matter what, a year of doing so is gonna leave signs, swirl marks, or small scratches. So, I've devised a new way. I use a leaf blower to dry my car. That way, nothing "touches" my car and it gets completely dry. I've preached too long so I'll shut up know, I know I didn't answer your question, but I had to share my leaf blower story.
Old 01-28-2001, 02:11 AM
Learn to swim.

A leaf blower huh? Sounds a little extreme, better make sure the air entering the intake is clean or you might accidentally sandblast your car, another thing you might think about is small droplets of lubrication. Anyway--my favorite method to dry my car minus the water spots I call the 100 Mile an Hour Dry Off.

1. Wash car and rinse, not letting soap dry at any point.
2. Quickly find the nearest freeway or multi-lane street with minimum number of stop-lights/signs and floor-it!
3. Get up to about 100 and keep it there for a little while, at least as long as you think you can get away with.

It's important that the distance between where you wash the car and where you actually dry is is short so no water spots form en-route. It's the most fun if not the most effective way I've ever tried, and I've tried plenty.
Old 01-28-2001, 03:01 AM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S:
how to clean the water spot on the paint? anyone knows what kind of wax or car wash i should use to remove them? thanks

</font>
Here's what I do to get rid of them:

- wash
- clay the area with clay bar
- claying should do it, if it doesn't, I use some swirl mark remover (3M)
- wax/polish

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S -- White/Ebony
1998 Honda Prelude -- Black, MN5
Old 01-28-2001, 04:12 AM
Powered By HONDA

thanks for the suggestions..everyone..thanks. and good luck to u guys..at anything...

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!